Anime Discussion Code Geass thread

Who is your favourite character?

• Total voters

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
โ€Ž
Has anyone watched Akito or the other ovas? Are they interesting and as good as the 2 seasons of CG?

All I know is that Lulu looks amazing in it
I've watched the first 3 OVAs and dropped.
Lelouch's design is amazing here but the plot is terrible. Well, my first impression of the MC was good, he's different from Lulu, however after sometime i realized how shallow he is.

The other big problem here is the relationship between the main group. They start as enemies but after 30min they became best friends, we can understand the reason but it's so rushed that seems incoherent.

And talking about the premise and message of the story, it's the classical treatment that "japaneses" receive from Britania, nothing new.

I could recommend if Lelouch was a main character, however he barely appers until the 3/5 episode.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I've watched the first 3 OVAs and dropped.
Lelouch's design is amazing here but the plot is terrible. Well, my first impression of the MC was good, he's different from Lulu, however after sometime i realized how shallow he is.

The other big problem here is the relationship between the main group. They start as enemies but after 30min they became best friends, we can understand the reason but it's so rushed that seems incoherent.

And talking about the premise and message of the story, it's the classical treatment that "japaneses" receive from Britania, nothing new.

I could recommend if Lelouch was a main character, however he barely appers until the 3/5 episode.
No Lulu no party then. But yeah I gotta admit the design is straight fire.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I donโ€™t know why lol.

Well, I guess I get why. In retrospect, my 3 favorite Code Geass characters are Suzaku, Li Xingke, and Emperor Charles lol.
I think many just find him too annoying, deluded and boring. I personally am not a fan, but I can see how he mirrors Lulu in some ways. Might need to rewatch this soon as well, it's been ages since I last did.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
I think many just find him too annoying, deluded and boring. I personally am not a fan, but I can see how he mirrors Lulu in some ways. Might need to rewatch this soon as well, it's been ages since I last did.
Iโ€™m not sure itโ€™s fair to call Suzaku deluded. I know I myself called him deluded in the past lol, but I think there are plenty of points in the story where Suzaku actually looked like he was singlehandedly changing Brittanian attitudes towards Japan and Vice versa, though each time he looked like he just might make the world better, Zero fucks everything up lol.

Has anyone watched Akito or the other ovas? Are they interesting and as good as the 2 seasons of CG?

All I know is that Lulu looks amazing in it
If youโ€™ve ever read/watched 86 it almost seems like 86 copied Akito. They are very similar. I donโ€™t think there are other ovas but I liked it a lot. Lelouch and CC and Suzaku are in it for like a total of 5 mins tho.
Post automatically merged:

Iโ€™m not sure itโ€™s fair to call Suzaku deluded. I know I myself called him deluded in the past lol, but I think there are plenty of points in the story where Suzaku actually looked like he was singlehandedly changing Brittanian attitudes towards Japan and Vice versa, though each time he looked like he just might make the world better, Zero fucks everything up lol.
If you like Suzaku I recommend reading the stage 0 light novel. It goes into his past with lelouch and nunally and the reasoning behind the war. It explains his motivation, loneliness, and the reasoning behind his philosophy and why he killed his father.

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
โ€Ž
If youโ€™ve ever read/watched 86 it almost seems like 86 copied Akito. They are very similar. I donโ€™t think there are other ovas but I liked it a lot. Lelouch and CC and Suzaku are in it for like a total of 5 mins tho.
Like i said before, The problem Akito's OVAs is the pacing. The relationship between the main group is rushed as hell. They literally go from enemies to best friends in a half hour.
The only reason to watch it would be to see the classical characters, but like you said, they barely appears.

Like i said before, The problem Akito's OVAs is the pacing. The relationship between the main group is rushed as hell. They literally go from enemies to best friends in a half hour.
The only reason to watch it would be to see the classical characters, but like you said, they barely appears.
Agreed. It could easily be a 25 ep series. I still recommend it tho since thereโ€™s so little extra cg content.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Maybe deluded is too strong of a word. Naive and foolish fit better. Being an Honorary Britannian, he should have known how unjust the system is and he should have known that someone like him wouldn't be able to change the corrupt system of Britannia Empire yet he still chose to pursue that path. He seemed to forget his purpose when he met Euphy. He also joined her, and iirc Euphy denoted her rights to the throne, so not sure how he could change anything by sticking with her.

Post automatically merged:

If you like Suzaku I recommend reading the stage 0 light novel. It goes into his past with lelouch and nunally and the reasoning behind the war. It explains his motivation, loneliness, and the reasoning behind his philosophy and why he killed his father.
Haven't seen 86 yet. Thanks.

Last edited:
the issue with Suzaku is that that he generally thought he could change Britannia and it's racist policies by doing what he was doing... He'd either die before it could happen i.e. Old age, among other things. Without Lloyd and co, he'd probably never even seen Knightmare Combat to prove himself etc.
Ultimately change had to occur both within and without. It doesn't help that Charles and co didn't mind keeping the status quo instead of being just rulers, You wouldn't have a story then sort of.
Zero was a necessity.

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
this shit is a masterpiece. Easily my favorite anime I've watched, only FMAB, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop and HxH come close.

Top favs are Lelouch, Kallen, Schneizel, C.C, Suzaku, Xing-Ke, Charles, Tohdoh and Jeremiah in no particular order.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
this shit is a masterpiece. Easily my favorite anime I've watched, only FMAB, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop and HxH come close.

Top favs are Lelouch, Kallen, Schneizel, C.C, Suzaku, Xing-Ke, Charles, Tohdoh and Jeremiah in no particular order.
Werenโ€™t a bit disappointed with Charlesโ€™ end ?
I loved the guy and I think his end was weird

TheKnightOfTheSea

๐•ท๐–”๐–—๐–‰ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•ธ๐–”๐–”๐–“'๐–˜ ๐•พ๐–•๐–†๐–œ๐–“
โ€Ž
Werenโ€™t a bit disappointed with Charlesโ€™ end ?
I loved the guy and I think his end was weird
Yeah that was odd.

That, the amnesia plotline and the whole Marianne/Anya stuff we're probably the weirdest/worst moments of the show

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
In a real world time stop without heart problems is the best. Bismark geass then. The rest are horrible
LMAO why Rayan? Lulu's geass>>>all of those. Time stopping aight works, but why when you can make anyone do anything you want? Whatya gonna do with seeing 2 seconds into the future in real world? It's practically useless for us. Lulu's geass>>Mao's>Rolo's>>>>>>Rest imo.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
LMAO why Rayan? Lulu's geass>>>all of those. Time stopping aight works, but why when you can make anyone do anything you want? Whatya gonna do with seeing 2 seconds into the future in real world? It's practically useless for us. Lulu's geass>>Mao's>Rolo's>>>>>>Rest imo.
Because in a real world imposing your will to people and forcing your ways into them will drive you completely crazy. People will abuse that power like hell and completely destroy their relationships with others and do fucked up stuffs

Itโ€™s not a sane power at all

Same for Mao to a lesser degree. You ducking donโ€™t want to know what people are thinking about you 24/24. Yeah once in a while itโ€™s fun but Mao powers is full time and even if it wasnโ€™t full time people with that power would abuse it and fuck their relationships with others too

Time stop and future sight are way safer for your mind while being cool lol.

Lulu power is wayyy ยซ stronger ยป. But even if you pay me 1 billion I wouldnโ€™t want it

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Because in a real world imposing your will to people and forcing your ways into them will drive you completely crazy. People will abuse that power like hell and completely destroy their relationships with others and do fucked up stuffs

Itโ€™s not a sane power at all
I guess that depends on the person. Tho absolute power corrupts absolutely, but if you force me to pick one, I would definitely go with Lulu's.

Same for Mao to a lesser degree. You ducking donโ€™t want to know what people are thinking about you 24/24. Yeah once in a while itโ€™s fun but Mao powers is full time and even if it wasnโ€™t full time people with that power would abuse it and fuck their relationships with others too
I'd honestly rather have Mao's geass, then having my heart stop if I want to freeze time, or see a second into the future.

Time stop and future sight are way safer for your mind while being cool lol.
If Rolo's power didn't have a limit and the fact that your heart stops for the duration of it, I'd agree and say it's safer but like it is no way lol. FS is safer I guess but practically useless.