Versus Battle Code Geass vs Attack on Titan

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?/ R3: Which MC is better/liked more?

• Total voters

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
But a story is only as good as it’s conclusion. AOT could be great for so much of it; but that ending completely crapped on everything built up because the author stopped caring.
I can agree partially for some media : a movie, a book maybe (and even then it’s debatable)

but for a manga of a TV Show its quite different :

- we are following a story for years and years. You have feelings for each chapter, for each arcs, for each seasons

You can’t forget all that because the end is shit.

I felt great enjoyment each month reading AOT and a really good story (for a manga). We had debate, great fights, questions about the mysteries of the universe, great reveals etc

Obviously the ending out a weird color over all what happened before but it doesn’t change the fact that during years the story delivered consistently

AOT is very good tho. Yes the ending sours the experience, but it's still a great story for the large part of its duration.
To me, an ending makes or breaks a story. It is true for any medium, filmed or written or drawn. I never rate highly a story that has a bad ending, no matter how unreal the beginning and the middle are. This is also why I never bothered to watch (and will never watch) the final trilogy of the Skywalker saga: I simply don't want to invest a shit ton of times to be disappointed by an ending. I can forgive a 100-minute film with a weak ending, but not a second more than that.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
To me, an ending makes or breaks a story. It is true for any medium, filmed or written or drawn. I never rate highly a story that has a bad ending, no matter how unreal the beginning and the middle are. This is also why I never bothered to watch (and will never watch) the final trilogy of the Skywalker saga: I simply don't want to invest a shit ton of times to be disappointed by an ending. I can forgive a 100-minute film with a weak ending, but not a second more than that.
That's fair.

I can't say I regret reading AoT even tho the ending ruined it a bit.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
AOT bad guys were better than CG bad guys

Charles had insane potential but fuck it ended so poorly

Schneizel was okaysih at best

I think the best antagonists were Mao and Cornelia (and Lulu own dliemma)

- Mariane was aweful
- Jeremiah was funny but that’s it his turnaround in the end is a bit poor
- V.V wasn’t that great
- Knight of rounds were a joke
- other royal family members ……

I can agree partially for some media : a movie, a book maybe (and even then it’s debatable)

but for a manga of a TV Show its quite different :

- we are following a story for years and years. You have feelings for each chapter, for each arcs, for each seasons

You can’t forget all that because the end is shit.

I felt great enjoyment each month reading AOT and a really good story (for a manga). We had debate, great fights, questions about the mysteries of the universe, great reveals etc

Obviously the ending out a weird color over all what happened before but it doesn’t change the fact that during years the story delivered consistently
Yeah but much of the stories enjoyment, at least to me, was that it was building to something.

All the mystery all the intrigue that made those chapters exciting, kinda feel rough on a reread.

Isayama completely ruining Ymir, setting her up as a god but then was turned into nothing more than a scared child who was happily abused and in the end being cannibalized by their children was fucked.

Isayama hinting at character development for Armin and Mikasa, and Armins CD is heavily argued, but Mikasa who spent most of the final arc learning independence away from Eren completely reverted.

The mysteries were cool, but a mystery story is only as good as it’s reveal. And I just think a story as long as AoT should’ve been set up more and not feel like a completely different and terrible story as the last arc that this story was supposed to be building to.

The story may have always been edgy but the stories final arc feeling like a fanfiction by some edgy hot topic worker… not the vibe

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yeah but much of the stories enjoyment, at least to me, was that it was building to something.

All the mystery all the intrigue that made those chapters exciting, kinda feel rough on a reread.

Isayama completely ruining Ymir, setting her up as a god but then was turned into nothing more than a scared child who was happily abused and in the end being cannibalized by their children was fucked.

Isayama hinting at character development for Armin and Mikasa, and Armins CD is heavily argued, but Mikasa who spent most of the final arc learning independence away from Eren completely reverted.

The mysteries were cool, but a mystery story is only as good as it’s reveal. And I just think a story as long as AoT should’ve been set up more and not feel like a completely different and terrible story as the last arc that this story was supposed to be building to.
The reveals about Titan being humans, about the world etc were insane back then.
Even Reiner and Berthold reveal was cool.

The feeling you had during the first episodes when the attack happened and Eren died etc : even if the end is bad, it doesn’t change the fact that those moments were really great
Post automatically merged:

I feel CG had more shortcomings than AOT during its main bulk

The reveals about Titan being humans, about the world etc were insane back then.
Even Reiner and Berthold reveal was cool.

The feeling you had during the first episodes when the attack happened and Eren died etc : even if the end is bad, it doesn’t change the fact that those moments were really great
I agree, but looking at the story holistically, AoT is just not as good.

And on reread, AoTs story just doesn’t excite me. I’ll still rewatch Code Geass and enjoy it. And still do; but I’ve tried rereading AoT and the ending and Marley left such a sour taste in my mouth it really takes me out of the entire story.

I've never heard of it.
Alright, a little context, then: it's a harem adventure manga about the son of a legendary mage (who went missing prior to the main story). It was written by Ken Akamatsu (author of Love Hina), and it isn't great by any means, just a standard 2000s harem manga with many outdated tropes and values for current generation, but I enjoyed it for what it was, especially since I read Love Hina prior to it and liked that one, too (although it is similarly dated by now), so I read it loyally for almost the entirety of its run.

Anyway, three big mysteries were presented in Negima: What truly happened to the MC's father?, Who is the MC going to end up with?, and Can the MC become a top tier in his verse?.

After hundreds of chapters, it ended in the worst way possible, because we were basically told that the answers to all three questions can be found...in the sequel.

My reaction to that information: :nicagesmile::lawsigh::kaidowhat::odenugh::laughmoji::seriously::mihugh::whitepress:kingufy:jinbewat::yurazclear::kidwat::strawhatock::tchpepe::snoopy::ohreally::jay-he::jay-yeah:

I was so, so mad at that ending. Years of investment for that? Not to mention Akamatsu had the gall of, in the second half of the story, treating a major supporting character (who at that point has grown to be liked by many, myself included) like Lolda treated Zoro in Wano (basically fed them plenty of plotlines and feats until 80% of the arc is complete before completely discarding them for the lols). catded

I avoided the sequel (called UQ Holder) during the serialization and only read the synopsis after it was over. Yes, I purposely spoiled the story for myself because I didn't want to get my hopes up. All three answers are indeed given in the sequel, but I don't know if I can build enough care within myself to actually read the story at all. Ever.

It was that horribly unpleasant experience with Negima that made me swear to myself that the importance of an ending can never be ignored for my own enjoyment. This is also why I refused to start, aside from AoT, the likes of Game of Thrones, St. Elsewhere, Bunny Drop, Beelzebub, Disney Star Wars Trilogy, Domestic Girlfriend, and Food Wars. Unless I was already invested in the story, no matter how small (like with OP), I ain't starting a journey with a stupid destination.

Last edited:
Alright, a little context, then: it's a harem adventure manga about the son of a legendary mage (who went missing prior to the main story). It was written by Ken Akamatsu (author of Love Hina), and it isn't great by any means, just a standard 2000s harem manga with many outdated tropes and values for current generation, but I enjoyed it for what it was, especially since I read Love Hina prior to it and liked that one, too (although it is similarly dated by now), so I read it loyally for almost the entirety of its run.

Anyway, three big mysteries were presented in Negima: What truly happened to the MC's father?, Who is the MC going to end up with?, and Can the MC become a top tier in his verse?.

After hundreds of chapters, it ended in the worst way possible, because we were basically told that the answers to all three questions can be found...in the sequel.

My reaction to that information: :nicagesmile::lawsigh::kaidowhat::odenugh::laughmoji::luuh::seriously::mihugh::whitepress:kingufy:jinbewat::yurazclear::kidwat::strawhatock::tchpepe::snoopy::ohreally::jay-he::jay-yeah:

I was so, so mad at that ending. Years of investment for that? Not to mention Akamatsu had the gall of, in the second half of the story, treating a major supporting character (who at that point has grown to be liked by many, myself included) like Lolda treated Zoro in Wano (basically fed them plenty of plotlines and feats until 80% of the arc is complete before completely discarding them for the lols). catded

I avoided the sequel (called UQ Holder) during the serialization and only read the synopsis after it was over. Yes, I purposely spoiled the story for myself because I didn't want to get my hopes up. All three answers are indeed given in the sequel, but I don't know if I can build enough care within myself to actually read the story at all. Ever.

It was that horribly unpleasant experience with Negima that made me swear to myself that the importance of an ending can never be ignored for my own enjoyment. This is also why I refused to start, aside from AoT, the likes of Game of Thrones, St. Elsewhere, Bunny Drop, Beelzebub, Disney Star Wars Trilogy, Domestic Girlfriend, and Food Wars. Unless I was already invested in the story, no matter how small (like with OP), I ain't starting a journey with a stupid destination.
Jojo endings are best. Have you read jojo?