Versus Battle Code Geass vs Attack on Titan

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?/ R3: Which MC is better/liked more?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Alright, a little context, then: it's a harem adventure manga about the son of a legendary mage (who went missing prior to the main story). It was written by Ken Akamatsu (author of Love Hina), and it isn't great by any means, just a standard 2000s harem manga with many outdated tropes and values for current generation, but I enjoyed it for what it was, especially since I read Love Hina prior to it and liked that one, too (although it is similarly dated by now), so I read it loyally for almost the entirety of its run.

Anyway, three big mysteries were presented in Negima: What truly happened to the MC's father?, Who is the MC going to end up with?, and Can the MC become a top tier in his verse?.

After hundreds of chapters, it ended in the worst way possible, because we were basically told that the answers to all three questions can be found...in the sequel.

My reaction to that information: :nicagesmile::lawsigh::kaidowhat::odenugh::laughmoji::seriously::mihugh::whitepress:kingufy:jinbewat::yurazclear::kidwat::strawhatock::tchpepe::snoopy::ohreally::jay-he::jay-yeah:

I was so, so mad at that ending. Years of investment for that? Not to mention Akamatsu had the gall of, in the second half of the story, treating a major supporting character (who at that point has grown to be liked by many, myself included) like Lolda treated Zoro in Wano (basically fed them plenty of plotlines and feats until 80% of the arc is complete before completely discarding them for the lols). catded

I avoided the sequel (called UQ Holder) during the serialization and only read the synopsis after it was over. Yes, I purposely spoiled the story for myself because I didn't want to get my hopes up. All three answers are indeed given in the sequel, but I don't know if I can build enough care within myself to actually read the story at all. Ever.

It was that horribly unpleasant experience with Negima that made me swear to myself that the importance of an ending can never be ignored for my own enjoyment. This is also why I refused to start, aside from AoT, the likes of Game of Thrones, St. Elsewhere, Bunny Drop, Beelzebub, Disney Star Wars Trilogy, Domestic Girlfriend, and Food Wars. Unless I was already invested in the story, no matter how small (like with OP), I ain't starting a journey with a stupid destination.
Damn that does sound really devastating. I get it now.

Code Geass' world is much better than AoT's world.

As a character, Lelouch is better until Chad Eren arrived. When Chad Eren arrived with 4D Chess, Eren reigns superior. Especially with the reveal of Rumbling Declaration.

But unfortunately, Eren couldn't back up and execute his declaration. His character flopped at the end, butchering the entirety of AoT climax and his overall character So at the end, Lelouch is significantly better than Eren as a character.

---

So as a full product, Code Geass is both so much better and enjoyable for me than AoT.

I can rewatch Code Geas an infinite number of times. After AOT's ending there isn't any reason to ever go back to that series.

There was a point I considered AOT the greatest thing in fiction. All went to shit.
"...but i dont want Mikasa to ever forget me. And my legendary-peak-fiction-two-page-pread-closeup promise of trampling all humans outside Paradis...lets just say i'm gonna back away from it all"

Alright, a little context, then: it's a harem adventure manga about the son of a legendary mage (who went missing prior to the main story). It was written by Ken Akamatsu (author of Love Hina), and it isn't great by any means, just a standard 2000s harem manga with many outdated tropes and values for current generation, but I enjoyed it for what it was, especially since I read Love Hina prior to it and liked that one, too (although it is similarly dated by now), so I read it loyally for almost the entirety of its run.

Anyway, three big mysteries were presented in Negima: What truly happened to the MC's father?, Who is the MC going to end up with?, and Can the MC become a top tier in his verse?.

After hundreds of chapters, it ended in the worst way possible, because we were basically told that the answers to all three questions can be found...in the sequel.

My reaction to that information: :nicagesmile::lawsigh::kaidowhat::odenugh::laughmoji::seriously::mihugh::whitepress:kingufy:jinbewat::yurazclear::kidwat::strawhatock::tchpepe::snoopy::ohreally::jay-he::jay-yeah:

I was so, so mad at that ending. Years of investment for that? Not to mention Akamatsu had the gall of, in the second half of the story, treating a major supporting character (who at that point has grown to be liked by many, myself included) like Lolda treated Zoro in Wano (basically fed them plenty of plotlines and feats until 80% of the arc is complete before completely discarding them for the lols). catded

I avoided the sequel (called UQ Holder) during the serialization and only read the synopsis after it was over. Yes, I purposely spoiled the story for myself because I didn't want to get my hopes up. All three answers are indeed given in the sequel, but I don't know if I can build enough care within myself to actually read the story at all. Ever.

It was that horribly unpleasant experience with Negima that made me swear to myself that the importance of an ending can never be ignored for my own enjoyment. This is also why I refused to start, aside from AoT, the likes of Game of Thrones, St. Elsewhere, Bunny Drop, Beelzebub, Disney Star Wars Trilogy, Domestic Girlfriend, and Food Wars. Unless I was already invested in the story, no matter how small (like with OP), I ain't starting a journey with a stupid destination.
If you havent watched GoT at all, i'd advise you to watch it until Season 4 and then drop it. Its the best way to watch GoT.

Code Geass was such a confusing series. I remember watching it when I was younger and I had no idea what the series was about. I just remember a bunch of robots fighting each other lol. I still don't know what the plot was suppose to be lol. I may have to rewatch it but I do remember a lot of people saying it was the greatest anime and I just didn't understand why.
Post automatically merged:

To me, an ending makes or breaks a story. It is true for any medium, filmed or written or drawn. I never rate highly a story that has a bad ending, no matter how unreal the beginning and the middle are. This is also why I never bothered to watch (and will never watch) the final trilogy of the Skywalker saga: I simply don't want to invest a shit ton of times to be disappointed by an ending. I can forgive a 100-minute film with a weak ending, but not a second more than that.
I definitely understand that sentiment but for me I am okay with a bad ending only with certain type of stories where the ending doesn't really need to be great. For example, a story like One Piece or Game of Thrones then yes, the ending needs to be great because the author wrote the whole story to be about some grand ending whereas a story like HxH/Naruto/AOT the author never created a story where the ending is supposed to be so important which is why I am more forgiving to those series.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Code Geass was such a confusing series. I remember watching it when I was younger and I had no idea what the series was about. I just remember a bunch of robots fighting each other lol. I still don't know what the plot was suppose to be lol. I may have to rewatch it but I do remember a lot of people saying it was the greatest anime and I just didn't understand why.
You deffo need to rewatch it my dude. It's amazing. The robots were just a rudimentary part, the story is much deeper.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I think AOT is the superior series by a considerable margin
That's cap my dude. You can find AoT better sure, but no way by a considerable margin imo, especially with their respective endings.

That's cap my dude. You can find AoT better sure, but no way by a considerable margin imo, especially with their respective endings.

How can I not find it better by a considerable margin if peoples perception of media is entirely subjective lol. Also in my opinion AOT has the most overhated ending ever. I think it's quite a good ending

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
How can I not find it better by a considerable margin if peoples perception of media is entirely subjective lol.
By trying to be objective about it. You can say you like it or enjoy it more, that's purely subjective. That's why the categories are split up. I enjoy and like something like JJK more than Berserk for instance, but if someone asked me which manga was better I couldn't say JJK because no matter how much I like it more, it's objectively not better. Well that's how I do it, not saying you need to do it like that but that's why I said it's cap.

Also in my opinion AOT has the most overhated ending ever.
The hate is justified to an extent. Not to an extent that people threaten the author and stuff, but to an extent to say that the story is ruined yes.

I think it's quite a good ending
Well, I disagree.