Questions & Mysteries Convince me to read Kingdom

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
No offense to Kingdom, but I couldn’t go beyond chapter three if I’m not mistaken.
Pretty much the first few chapters of every great manga is mediocre. There's great stuff ahead bro.

It's just a shonnen, don't wast yours time. If you want to read something crazy you should read Pandora Hearts
Kingdom's a seinen, but it does have a few shonen tropes and traits.

I am a fan of strategy games and enjoy quasi realistic and historical works like Vinland saga.

I hear Kingdom is like that but it’s art is so ugly. Can anyone convince me to watch or read it?
Kingdoms Art gets substantially better around chapter 500. But the story more than makes up for it as we progress.

The first arc is still hands down one of my favorites. And easily bingeable
Post automatically merged:

ahaha that sick fuck deserved that death

That's why you were hiding below your bed while watching Bleach and Ghost 13?

Pretty much the first few chapters of every great manga is mediocre. There's great stuff ahead bro.

Kingdom's a seinen, but it does have a few shonen tropes and traits.
Beginning of Kingdom is great imo. Seems unpopular opinion here, but I think the first arc (Sei Kyou's rebellion) is >> the second arc (Shin's first campaign).

D

Deleted member 10278

I am a fan of strategy games and enjoy quasi realistic and historical works like Vinland saga.

I hear Kingdom is like that but it’s art is so ugly. Can anyone convince me to watch or read it?
The art put me off for a bit too but I recently picked it up and its one of the better mangas out there. If you like strategies and tactics, there’s no shortage of it in Kingdom.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
That's why you were hiding below your bed while watching Bleach and Ghost 13?

Beginning of Kingdom is great imo. Seems unpopular opinion here, but I think the first arc (Sei Kyou's rebellion) is >> the second arc (Shin's first campaign).
I think Seikyou's rebellion is good, it's just not what I expected personally lol. I thought the first arc was going to take place on a battlefield or something.

I like the Gokei vs Duke Hyou alot personally.

The art put me off for a bit too but I recently picked it up and its one of the better mangas out there. If you like strategies and tactics, there’s no shortage of it in Kingdom.
The art style took some getting used to in the beginning, but by chapter 100 the art is much, much better. From Sanyou-Present it's consistently top tier.

Honestly, I kind of prefer characters like the Duke in Hara's earlier artwork.

I think Seikyou's rebellion is good, it's just not what I expected personally lol. I thought the first arc was going to take place on a battlefield or something.

I like the Gokei vs Duke Hyou alot personally.

The art style took some getting used to in the beginning, but by chapter 100 the art is much, much better. From Sanyou-Present it's consistently top tier.

Honestly, I kind of prefer characters like the Duke in Hara's earlier artwork.
Most memorable moments in act 1 imo is not the climax / the battle, but:
1. When Shin and Ei Sei go to the mountain to look for help. They expected the mountain tribe to be underdeveloped small village, but surprised after seeing how big the mountain civillization actually is.

The whole Shin, Ten, Heki got captured and locked in cage. While their King is being brought to meet the Leader of Mountain Tribe.
Damn, the atmosphere is intense. Imagine yourself being locked in cage by some savage tribe while your King is brought to meet the leader of the savages.

Then when all seeking help business is done, and they go down to the shrine. Shobunkun watching guard by himself in the hill, being restless and waiting for his King, then he is the first person who sensed it, when finally the King came back, not alone, not with his small unit, but by bringing back massive army that makes the mountain shaking!!!
That's hype and Shobunkun is really a likeable and underrated character.

2. When Shin, Ei Sei and Ten all hiding underground, while the village above them are being massacred. Then they notice some liquid falling from ground above, and notice it's actually blood from the villagers killed.
Damn, that really sets the atmosphere...

While the climax itself, when I reread it, I don't really like it.. The author limitted both Yotanwa and Bajio so much. It is intense battle, not just some easy battle, yet author makes Yotanwa taking the back seat and only acts as spectator. She only about to acted when Ouki himself appeared and made a move toward the King.
Bajio, at least he didn't sit in the back seat as much as Yotanwa. He is included in palace raid. Yet he is really "nerfed" just to make beginning of story Shin (which is 100% not on Bajio's level) gets the most spotlight.

About the second arc, most memorable part is when Kyokai made that strategy to counter the cavalry army.
Gokei himself, I never really care much with the character so when he clashed against the Duke, I didn't really get the hype...

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One

If you into tactics and opponents trying to outsmart each other with wits then Kingdom is the right choice.

You won't see usual power levels like in traditional Shonen but what you will see in how wars are fought both on field and behind the scenes.

It being based on historical events makes it more interesting.

I actually didn’t read this manga for years after hearing good things about it because I thought the artwork looks like garbage as well, but I forced myself to give it a try and the artwork does get substantially better.

The strategy and tactics in the army fights are great and the characters are fantastic (its not a typical shonen where the MC basically just carries everything).

I actually wouldn’t call it quasi-realistic though (something like Vinland Saga). The important characters are almost like Dynasty Warrior characters when they fight, legit carving up like 30 people.

I just read 1 week ago.

Kingdom characteristic:
  • more or less SH crew, replace zoro with Hancock from the start
  • SH have active relationship with Revo
  • >10 emperors
  • many of them are kind of Jack
  • There is Kaido type
  • tends to Sengoku style for prioritizing strategy
  • The area is like Naruto map
+ the CoO, CoA, CoC are very smooth.
+ tactical war is far better than OP
+ Reality History
- the story foreshadowing is quite below OP

? This is a Mature manga. Bloody hell, a little smut.

I just read 1 week ago.

Kingdom characteristic:
  • more or less SH crew, replace zoro with Hancock from the start
  • SH have active relationship with Revo
  • >10 emperors
  • many of them are kind of Jack
  • There is Kaido type
  • tends to Sengoku style for prioritizing strategy
  • The area is like Naruto map
+ the CoO, CoA, CoC are very smooth.
+ tactical war is far better than OP
+ Reality History
- the story foreshadowing is quite below OP

? This is a Mature manga. Bloody hell, a little smut.
There’s zero smut