Convince someone to start reading Sakamoto Days by sharing your favorite panel [SPOILERS]

Fine, fine, I'll show you my Sakamoto Days folder. Think I've avoided all the spoilery ones, but there are many more!

Ch 20: One of the things I like most in SD is the wacky weapons that Saka uses. He can literally attack people with random crap he finds in his pocket bc he's just that great!

There are also a lot of fights on moving vehicles or in weird places like climbing a tower, and YET DESPITE ALL THE CRAZINESS, THE CHOREOGRAPHY IS PERFECT. You can actually see each strike, where it came from, where it landed, and follow the battles blow by blow. SD doesn't have those fights where the battle is just a scribble.

Ch 30: The humor is SD is great. There are some top-tier one liners, especially from Saka, who doesn't speak much. It shows his kindness even when he's fighting. He doesn't want his problems to interrupt anyone else's life, and the old person doesn't even seem to realize the fight is happening. It's a good analogy for how he tries to live his life.

Ch 46: Did I mention the weapons?

Ch 53: I can't tell you how much I love this old man. He mutters all the time and barely opens his eyes but he's the greatest swordsman we've met. I love his sensible old man jacket.

Ch 78: The fights are really creative. Also if you like cars, they're all drawn really realistically and you can tell a lot of research goes into it.

Yotsumura Ch 79: I must've stared at this panel for like 10 minutes when I first saw it. He kinda looks like Steve Buscemi. His eyes are so heavy with something sad that we don't know about yet, and people are speaking to him, but he looks like he's hardly listening.

Ch 96: Again with the cool weapons. But the level of detail in SD is always mindblowing, and the Kyoto Arc has some of the most detailed scenes we've seen.

Ch 98: This is such a great fight. Also, the women in this series are really varied in body type/personality/goal and not just used for gags.

Ch 102: One of my fav panels

I have a lot more favorites that are spoilers, but I the art is honestly so good that you could open a random chapter and find a panel that would fit this thread. It's really that good.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Before I dive in, can someone give me a quick spoiler free synopsis of the story?
Post automatically merged:

I've always seen the chubby guy with the glasses and thought it looked kinda lame based off him. I happily stand corrected.
I think this one works. Tho it's just the basic one. You'll see when/if you check it out.

Taro Sakamoto was considered the greatest hitman of all time. Feared by many, he stood at the top of the underground world until he met and fell in love with a woman. As a result, Sakamoto abandoned his life of crime and now works as a convenience store clerk.

Leaving his shady past behind proves more difficult than Sakamoto initially imagined. Many of his former rivals and partners do not believe that he has truly left the business and show up in hopes of taking him out. Barred from killing, Sakamoto must find creative ways to subdue his enemies and prevent them from bringing harm to his family, his store, and the small town he resides in.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I think this one works. Tho it's just the basic one. You'll see when/if you check it out.

Taro Sakamoto was considered the greatest hitman of all time. Feared by many, he stood at the top of the underground world until he met and fell in love with a woman. As a result, Sakamoto abandoned his life of crime and now works as a convenience store clerk.

Leaving his shady past behind proves more difficult than Sakamoto initially imagined. Many of his former rivals and partners do not believe that he has truly left the business and show up in hopes of taking him out. Barred from killing, Sakamoto must find creative ways to subdue his enemies and prevent them from bringing harm to his family, his store, and the small town he resides in.
Damn, this sounds pretty dope. Thanks Light💡

Before I dive in, can someone give me a quick spoiler free synopsis of the story?
Post automatically merged:

I've always seen the chubby guy with the glasses and thought it looked kinda lame based off him. I happily stand corrected.
Sakamoto used to be a top assassin, but he retired when he fell in love and started a family. Now he owns a neighborhood store. Characters from his past and new characters show up and he finds himself being dragged back into the assassin world.

I thought it was lame too at first, especially bc people kept describing it as John Wick and I don't really like John Wick... It's definitely worth a shot. It has a lot of absurdity and violence without seeming like it's trying to be edgy. It's pretty wholesome tbh and has a lot of "found family" trope.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
Sakamoto used to be a top assassin, but he retired when he fell in love and started a family. Now he owns a neighborhood store. Characters from his past and new characters show up and he finds himself being dragged back into the assassin world.

I thought it was lame too at first, especially bc people kept describing it as John Wick and I don't really like John Wick... It's definitely worth a shot. It has a lot of absurdity and violence without seeming like it's trying to be edgy. It's pretty wholesome tbh and has a lot of "found family" trope.
Thanks Wordy, I like the premise. Lol, I also like John Wick.

I like to switch it up from typical shounen and this seems to be right up my alley like Record of Ragnarok.