Convince someone to start reading Sakamoto Days by sharing your favorite panel [SPOILERS]

what's the plot..??
this one got me intrigued.
I think this one works. Tho it's just the basic one. You'll see when/if you check it out.

Taro Sakamoto was considered the greatest hitman of all time. Feared by many, he stood at the top of the underground world until he met and fell in love with a woman. As a result, Sakamoto abandoned his life of crime and now works as a convenience store clerk.

Leaving his shady past behind proves more difficult than Sakamoto initially imagined. Many of his former rivals and partners do not believe that he has truly left the business and show up in hopes of taking him out. Barred from killing, Sakamoto must find creative ways to subdue his enemies and prevent them from bringing harm to his family, his store, and the small town he resides in.
Sakamoto used to be a top assassin, but he retired when he fell in love and started a family. Now he owns a neighborhood store. Characters from his past and new characters show up and he finds himself being dragged back into the assassin world.

I thought it was lame too at first, especially bc people kept describing it as John Wick and I don't really like John Wick... It's definitely worth a shot. It has a lot of absurdity and violence without seeming like it's trying to be edgy. It's pretty wholesome tbh and has a lot of "found family" trope.

I cant convince you with a single panel because the context and how the story unfolded makes it a great manga. Lots of mangas have cool and badass panels these days, but they mean nothing if the storytelling sucks.

P.S. I have binge read spyxfamily. It started really strong and I liked the first chapters. The art is awesome. But it started to get stale at some point and I am not a fan of Anya's school and classmate related plot/panels.

Last edited:
I cant convince you with a single panel because the context and how the story unfolded makes it a great manga. Lots of mangas have cool and badass panels these days, but they mean nothing if the storytelling sucks.

P.S. I have binge read spyxfamily. It started really strong and I liked the first chapters. The art is awesome. But it started to get stale at some point and I am not a fan of Anya's school and classmate related plot/panels.
My biggest issue with SpyXFamily would be bi-weekly releases, plus Anya seems to be the main character anyways, and I kinda dig how she gets shit done despite being silly and misunderstanding a lot. Also since we just had Anya - centered arc, we will most likely have an arc focused on Yor and Melissa.