Chapter Discussion Corrupt Countries and The WG's duty

I find it interesting how Tsuru was speaking so casually about the thousands of deaths that happen due to starvation in Pepe kingdom. CG may have been the reason that led to T-Bones death but they certainly were not the deciding factor. This chapter truly highlights how citizens accross the world are suffering under the heels of corrupt monarchies and governments that are more concerned about their own well being rather then their citizens, doesnt help that all kingdoms are heavily taxed by the WG and you will have cases of extreme poverty and starvation multiplying. I feel like this is Oda setting us up for more revolutionary relevance from now on as we are approaching the endgame.

T-Bone's death is only the begining imo. Things are about to get nasty.

Thoughts?
@Monkey D Monkey @kenedyfake @Topi Jerami @Sentinel @comrade @Den_Den_Mushi @trav @Demongodzolo @Marimo_420 @Aknolagon @Cyrus the Cactus @Rivaille @Monet @Garp the Fist @Gol D. Roger @Afroking @ImmaIvanoM @MarineHQ @Luffy bin Dragon @Luffy is the mc @Rmstorm @Fleet Leader Fenaker @yj @Fiji @Playa4321 @Guan Yu @Ice devil slayer @Sword God Ryuma @Zenos7 @Akai2 @MasterD @RayanOO @Haoshoku @Dark Hound @Camie @Thabeast @style @zorojurou @RyumaZoro @Gon’s Missing Arm @Yo Tan Wa @Orojackson Refugee @Sunita @IceWitch @ShadyOjiro @LolonoisZolo @Grumpy Zoro @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Natalija @Enma @Rukusho @Sade @Sadistic Senpai @stormylife @Geo @Reborn @Cinera @ShishioIsBack @Shishi @Nidai_Kitetsu @Mikail @mly90 @The White Crane @Gauntlet @Kuro Ashi @sanjikun @Extravlad @Lion of Olympus @Buusatan94 @AL sama @Patryipe @Kiwipom @Owl Ki @Salah WG @stairs-kun @BOCCHI @EtenBoby @Fujishiro @Bogard @Punpun @Seth @Elder Lee Hung @I'mTired @Gensui Sazid @Marco @Erkan12 @Blackbeard @Alpha @matt245 @God D usopp @Shanal @ConquistadoR @Jet Pistol @Captain Luffy @Brendan Schaub @park_min young @Daikenki @WesMidnight @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @serialwinnerv7 @Malick the last Light @yorosenpai @Shinsekai @King of the world @ShadowStyle369 @Daikenki @Seth @LadyVados @BornInAbyss @Fuckthis3 @ShiNoGekai @hayze moya @Meeyori @Franosuke @wys @Lor D. Coast @Kerkovian @wordy @Psychiatrist @kumae @Mr. Reloaded @Taylor_ @ChefboiiFuego @Blazing Lion @grey matter @Owari Da @Malio @OGshine @HAJI @Kurozumi Giggio @Mr.Baj1o @Red Admiral @Mr.9000 @Vanlax @Bt7207. @Croco boy @Herrera95 @JayKitetsu @LilPanda @hedera__helix @Redboy776 @Cruxroux @JoNdule

Last edited:
If they want to get rid of their problems of poverty and hunger, they are definitively going to make things only worse by taking on marines, especially if they are truly heroic and kind ones such as beloved T-Bone.
Trying to get money from pirates, and earning the anger of the World Government can only aggravate their situation.

If they want to get rid of their problems of poverty and hunger, they are definitively going to make things only worse by taking on marines, especially if they are truly heroic and kind ones such as beloved T-Bone.
Trying to get money from pirates, and earning the anger of the World Government can only aggravate their situation.
You cant expect people that are literally starving to death not to be desperate, at that point finding any way to survive trumps everything else.

800 years of WG and just now people realize that and start a revolution? I'm not buying it.
Who says there havent been revolutionary forces in past centuries? WG is known for erasing things that might make them look bad.
I'd say you're dead on the money with this :milaugh:

Really curious to see where Oda goes with this!
Its not exactly a coincidence for me that the chapter we see the desperate state that some countries are in that we get revos as well.

Revos are about to step it up.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

I find it interesting how Tsuru was speaking so casually about the thousands of deaths that happen due to starvation in Pepe kingdom. CG may have been the reason that led to T-Bones death but they certainly were not the deciding factor. This chapter truly highlights how citizens accross the world are suffering under the heels of corrupt monarchies and governments that are more concerned about their own well being rather then their citizens, doesnt help that all kingdoms are heavily taxed by the WG and you will have cases of extreme poverty and starvations multiplying. I feel like this is Oda setting us up for more revolutionary relevance from now on as we are approaching the endgame.

T-Bone's death is only the begining imo. Things are about to get nasty.

Thoughts?
@Monkey D Monkey @kenedyfake @Topi Jerami @Sentinel @comrade @Den_Den_Mushi @trav @Demongodzolo @Marimo_420 @Aknolagon @Cyrus the Cactus @Rivaille @Monet @Garp the Fist @Gol D. Roger @Afroking @ImmaIvanoM @MarineHQ @Luffy bin Dragon @Luffy is the mc @Rmstorm @Fleet Leader Fenaker @yj @Fiji @Playa4321 @Guan Yu @Ice devil slayer @Sword God Ryuma @Zenos7 @Akai2 @MasterD @RayanOO @Haoshoku @Dark Hound @Camie @Thabeast @style @zorojurou @RyumaZoro @Gon’s Missing Arm @Yo Tan Wa @Orojackson Refugee @Sunita @IceWitch @ShadyOjiro @LolonoisZolo @Grumpy Zoro @HA001 OF THE RAIN @Natalija @Enma @Rukusho @Sade @Sadistic Senpai @stormylife @Geo @Reborn @Cinera @ShishioIsBack @Shishi @Nidai_Kitetsu @Mikail @mly90 @The White Crane @Gauntlet @Kuro Ashi @sanjikun @Extravlad @Lion of Olympus @Buusatan94 @AL sama @Patryipe @Kiwipom @Owl Ki @Salah WG @stairs-kun @BOCCHI @EtenBoby @Fujishiro @Bogard @Punpun @Seth @Elder Lee Hung @I'mTired @Gensui Sazid @Marco @Erkan12 @Blackbeard @Alpha @matt245 @God D usopp @Shanal @ConquistadoR @Jet Pistol @Captain Luffy @Brendan Schaub @park_min young @Daikenki @WesMidnight @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @serialwinnerv7 @Malick the last Light @yorosenpai @Shinsekai @King of the world @ShadowStyle369 @Daikenki @Seth @LadyVados @BornInAbyss @Fuckthis3 @ShiNoGekai @hayze moya @Meeyori @Franosuke @wys @Lor D. Coast @Kerkovian @wordy @Psychiatrist @kumae @Mr. Reloaded @Taylor_ @ChefboiiFuego @Blazing Lion @grey matter @Owari Da @Malio @OGshine @HAJI @Kurozumi Giggio @Mr.Baj1o @Red Admiral @Mr.9000 @Vanlax @Bt7207. @Croco boy @Herrera95 @JayKitetsu @LilPanda @hedera__helix @Redboy776 @Cruxroux @JoNdule
This or Fujitora's hypocrite ass wanting warlords to be done so bad and he sips tea on Mariejois with thousands of slaves and doesn't even talk about it.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Leave Issho out of this smh.
Wish I could although this thread is perfect to point out his hypocrisy too.

I think overall fandom expects too much from Oda.

All this "Uh oh Oda's message thru his manga about how cruel world is".

Then he has genocider fighting a teenager and saying: "HEHHE I HAVE FUN U TOO?".

We could throw a series of threads on this.

Wish I could although this thread is perfect to point out his hypocrisy too.

I think overall fandom expects too much from Oda.

All this "Uh oh Oda's message thru his manga about how cruel world is".

Then he has genocider fighting a teenager and saying: "HEHHE I HAVE FUN U TOO?".

We could throw a series of threads on this.
Not counting how said teenager have fun with said genocider too, and frequently associates himself with some of the worst scum and freed many criminals from Impel Down.

Yeah Oda's really highlighting the corruption of the WG since we're in the end game and he wants to emphasize how important the Revos will be. CG's influence is essentially adding fuel to the fire since citizens don't really have any other choice. If left unchecked the WG will crumble before the Revos will even need to do anything so I can see a clash coming soon between the two factions, not to mention the Revos are gaining allies too. The Revos and CG have the WG's back against the wall so it'll be interesting to see where this goes