Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi

The Best is......

• Total voters

GUI VI

Touch The Grass
Since this is a very broad question, I'll break it down into Rounds.

Round 1: Passing
Round 2: Dribling
Round 3: Shooting
Round 4: Gols
Round 5: Speed
Round 6: Skills
Round 7: Assists
Round 8: Game IQ
Round 9: Penalties
Round 10: Finishing
Round 11: Trophies

Personal Question: Who is the Best Overrall?

• CRISTIANO RONALDO

OR

• LIONEL MESSI

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Messi.

Messi. Younger Ronaldo was up there tho.

Ronaldo.

Ronaldo.

Ronaldo.

Depends on what you mean exactly. Both have a lot of types of skills, like retaining the ball, getting away from players, knowing how to position themselves etc etc.

Messi is better at passing and has more assists. Think both have a lot of flashy assists so to say.

Both extremely high. People would probably downplay Ronaldo here, but the man knows how to position himself at all times, read the flow of the game, see the route to the goal. Having said that, I'd still give it to Messi, but it's close.

Ronaldo.

Ronaldo.

Messi has more, but Ronaldo has them at different leagues and more UCL. Messi has the WC, Ronaldo the EC. Up to you I guess.

Personal Question: Who is the Best Overrall?
Ronaldo.

Round 1: Passing - Leo
Round 2: Dribling - Leo
Round 3: Shooting - CR7
Round 4: Goals - If you mean fancy goals CR7. If you mean goals overall Leo's stats are better. He has 20-30 less goals with 100+ less games.
Round 5: Speed - CR7 but there is an interesting stat that Leo runs faster when he has the ball.
Round 6: Skills - Leo
Round 7: Assists - Leo
Round 8: Game IQ - Leo
Round 9: Penalties - CR7
Round 10: Finishing - CR7
Round 11: Trophies - Leo

Round 1: Passing Penaldo
Round 2: Dribling Messi
Round 3: Shooting Messi
Round 4: Gols Messi
Round 5: Speed Penaldo
Round 6: Skills Messi
Round 7: Assists Penaldo
Round 8: Game IQ Messi
Round 9: Penalties They don't call him Penaldo for nothing
Round 10: Finishing Messi
Round 11: Trophies Messi
:optimistic:

Apollo

The Sol King
Excuse me, Facts coming through:

Pendu shoots more, Messi shoots better

Putting these stats rounds together:

"According to FIFA it is Ronaldo. He fares at 33.6 kmph(and in the video below it's shown 33.98) compared to Messi's 32.5 kmph."

Not even a debate, Messi clears these two.

Finally, Pendu wins something

Here is a funny stat regarding goals without penalties:

Most ballon d'or, most trophies, most decorated player of all time....Lionel Messi

Round 4: Gols
1 messi
2 messi
3 ronaldo
4 ronaldo
5 ronaldo
6 draw
7 messi
8 messi
9 ronaldo
10 ronaldo
11 messi bc world cup but argentina is better team overall than portugal

ronaldo better, and more enjoyable to watch, plus inspiring personality

Messi.

Messi. Younger Ronaldo was up there tho.

Ronaldo.

Ronaldo.

Ronaldo.

Depends on what you mean exactly. Both have a lot of types of skills, like retaining the ball, getting away from players, knowing how to position themselves etc etc.

Messi is better at passing and has more assists. Think both have a lot of flashy assists so to say.

Both extremely high. People would probably downplay Ronaldo here, but the man knows how to position himself at all times, read the flow of the game, see the route to the goal. Having said that, I'd still give it to Messi, but it's close.

Ronaldo.

Ronaldo.

Messi has more, but Ronaldo has them at different leagues and more UCL. Messi has the WC, Ronaldo the EC. Up to you I guess.

Ronaldo.
This. Much respect to Messi but the man that has proven to do it in several leagues is my pick here.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
@GUI Penalties, Finishing/Shooting & Speed go to Ronaldo.
Messi is better at everything else.

Goals is a subjective discussion, either you measure the amount of goals scored/minutes played or you can compare the quality of goals scored through the eye test.

And goals like these...

I'd easily take these over anything Cristiano has scored in his lifetime.
Either way, it's a subjective opinion since it's a matter of taste.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
This. Much respect to Messi but the man that has proven to do it in several leagues is my pick here.

Good choice. And yeah, not to take anything away from Messi, but like I said, I believe he greatly benefitted from the system he played in. A phenomenal player in a phenomenal system that made him even better than what he'd normally be able to do imo. I understand anyone that says Messi as well, but I am going with Ronaldo for sure.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
At the end of the day, no matter whom you consider better, there's something that gets lost in these debates, and that's how extremely lucky all of us were to be able to witness the eras of these two at the peak. They took the game to a completely new level. Something we prolly won't get for a while if ever at all.

Kinda like in tennis. The big 3. Djokovic, Nadal, Roger.

Even in basketball, with Kobe and LeBron and Jordan at the end of his career tho but still.

This sports era is the best and we got to witness it all. If you started watching football at an early age or are a bit older, you could also see Zidane, fat Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, etc. Still remember Ronaldinho's magic. Only time in my life I actively supported Barca lmao.
:steef:

everyone here prob knows me as a ronaldo fan but will try and be the most neutral here

Round 1 & Round 7: Messi , been a much better playmaker than ronaldo has been throughout his career. A massive reason why he occupies deeper positions while ronaldo almost sort of converted to a striker .
Round 2 Round 6: Skills, dribbling, technical ability , kind of the same package . Messi tops here. has better dribble success throughout most of their careers
Round 3 : I think Messi's got a better shooting technique , would be more wary of him shooting anywhere outside the box
Round 4: would argue ronaldo is the better goal scorer , knows how to get himself in pockets of space to score goals. Ronaldo actually started his career out wide but would be converted pretty much to a 9 as this became a more dominant part of his game.
Round 5: Ronaldo far more athletic player
Round 8: Messi
Round 9 & Round 10 : Ronaldo for most of his career is the better player when he comes to the box
Round 11: Messi wont everything but given how talented he is , personally its less suprising. Ronaldo didnt win balon d'ors because he was the better player than messi those years, He won because he was the better winner. I think ronaldo vastly overachieved with the level of talent he had at the sport. He just had this other gear in big games that was a knife to the heart. The type of player who wouldnt affect every phase of the game/ will be mostly absent for the most part but bangs too goals in.a bit similar to haaland in that aspect. I would argue hes the better winner. Doing it in different leagues a massive plus as well.

Overall better player is messi
better winner is ronaldo . thats the only reason why this was a debate. anyone who watches both with their eyes can see messi is more complete.