Controversial Cross Guild - The Antithesis to Wano's DisasterClass

Do you expect a Wano-like disaster in future?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
You forgot the Mountain Boar. :josad:

Wano was really tedious and straight up confounding. It had some cool moments, but it didn't flow and teased so much without delivering. I know that there's a slight chance we go back and resolve some of these issues, but I feel like Oda is just taking less care with his readers and instead just writing out various daydreams he had.

At the beginning of the Oden hype, I tried reading Wano as a kind of "Brag Men" fable, but that didn't work either. After Wano, I feel much less inclined to try to predict anything. Every wild theory feels like, "eh, it might happen."

I have hope for CG just because I think Oda knows how to write these characters, and because he's being forced to move the plot. Fingers crossed that Oda can still churn out some tight and clean writing that isn't just eyes popping out.
I think the writing will improve post-Wano because of one thing: Wano and Yonko Saga were something Lolda was neither good nor brave enough to write. Basically, he was punching above his weight for over a decade.

With the exception of the Final War, the road to Laugh Tale works with smaller cast of characters he is familiar with alongside formulas that do not require him to punch above his weight. That is to say, this could work.

Final War is another matter entirely, though.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Nah most ZKK supporters were saying Wano is shit even if ZKK happens
saw a bunch of zkk believers thinking that there was no reason to complain about wano because they thought it would keep going, but then it ended and oops actually now its bad

I wonder why

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
wano will continue for 1 more year
First you pretend like you dont know why Oda's work became trash and now you choose copium. Beautiful. :pepecroc:

I'm Oda's 'angelito' because I pointed out how much of a Zoro cultist you are?
Nice try but you are angelito who justifies every shit Oda leaves on paper as good stuff. :risitameh:

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
First you pretend like you dont know why Oda's work became trash and now you choose copium. Beautiful. :pepecroc:
No, i'm saying what you kept on saying. I and people that can read a manga for kids knew that Wano was done when it was done, but you kept saying there was no way it was over and that it could continue for up to a year longer. Which one is on copium exactly, the one that knows when something is done when it's done or the one that goes "no it can't be over, there's no way oda would end wano like this"

BTW, I have the receipts too, so don't try and pretend that you weren't constantly saying that wano wasn't done and that it was far from over. It's not gonna work. How'd that work for you?

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Nope, I don't actually believe everything Oda writes in One Piece is good. However, I'm not going to try and cope over an arc excluding Zoro cough cough WCI.
But you believe DR, WCI and Wano are good. :saden:

No, i'm saying what you kept on saying. I and people that can read a manga for kids knew that Wano was done when it was done, but you kept saying there was no way it was over and that it could continue for up to a year longer. Which one is on copium exactly, the one that knows when something is done when it's done or the one that goes "no it can't be over, there's no way oda would end wano like this"

BTW, I have the receipts too, so don't try and pretend that you weren't constantly saying that wano wasn't done and that it was far from over. It's not gonna work. How'd that work for you?
You said it is over when a false report said that 1053 is last chapter bcs 1054 begins the final saga and yall were wrong about it.
Yes, indeed it could have lasted for at least a year longer if the fool didnt pull a plug and abandon every single thing in Wano.
Then you pretend how you dont know why Wano suddenly sucks... How about because he suddenly abandoned everything? :myman:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Alright, so how about you elaborate on why they aren't good arcs if you are so insistent?
How about each of them introducing countless irrelevant characters and not focusing on those who matter, like Strawhats for example?
How about WCI going in circles countless times, giving Luffy 3 fights while giving Sanji 0? How about the tedious Seducing Woods?
How about Wano abandoning around 50 plot lines? Doing what he said he wouldnt do? Introducing characters to put them away next ch. This must be good stuff for you, huh? If I have to explain to you why Wano is the worst arc Oda has done, I dont have to explain it.
How about you first read this thread before ask me why this arc isnt good? :myman:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Love your posts @nik87
They are very funny while also being informative.

Yeah I agree I don't know why Oda loves his teases and fake hype so much.

I guarantee you if you remove or atleast pay off that part of his storytelling it makes Wano a 8/10 arc

But instead it's a 5/10 and Oda angels on Reddit/Twitter will say this is Peak Fiction.
:peperain:
Thanks. It's truly a shame, Wano could have been a masterclass but turned into a disasterclass... :crazwhat: