• Timothy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winters Socalo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
At around chapter 110 (give or take)
They're fighting David and what's his face

Takeaways so far:
The art is really hard to follow during fight scenes, I don't know if this aspect gets better later on

The characters are ok-ish. Allen is a good protagonist, though I wish he was even more involved in the plot than he is now.

The innocence as a power system is interesting and a good excuse to basically create whatever you want as a weapon (from the mangaka's side)

Villains - boy, when I saw the Level 1 akuma in the first arc I thought "if this is the level of villain design we're working with, I'm droping this quicker than 3rd period French"
Glad the author proved me wrong quickly.

The overall plot is still iffy to me, but granted there's ~140 chapters left for me to read. But like with all manga where the story has been going on for hundreds of years or even multiple millenia, you have to heavily suspend your disbelief to believe that the Earl couldn't have found the Heart in all these years

Anyways, wanted to leave my thoughts while they're still fresh
Yes I also think that the fight scenes are hard to follow but it’ll get better later
The greatness of D.Gray Man is about to start, keep going. The true story hasn’t begun
and yes the art style will immensely change
Here’s an example. Don’t worry it’s not a spoiler if you have no context

Yes I also think that the fight scenes are hard to follow but it’ll get better later
The greatness of D.Gray Man is about to start, keep going. The true story hasn’t begun
and yes the art style will immensely change
Here’s an example. Don’t worry it’s not a spoiler if you have no context
I already quite enjoy scenes depicting archtecture and nature. It's just when there's heavy and fast movement that things get confusing

Is the anime faithful to the manga? Would you recommend it?

I already quite enjoy scenes depicting archtecture and nature. It's just when there's heavy and fast movement that things get confusing

The first 50 episodes are 50% filler but it’s good
D Gray Man has overall 104 episodes
The second half is really good

D.Gray Man Hallow has 13 episodes and is alright. They skipped some things

Not Cross_Marian, but the original anime is almost panel-for-panel faithful to manga. Even the filler is taken from light novels and is thus de-facto canon.

Hallows, however, is a steaming pile of turd. It changes scenes, shifts scenes around so they don't make sense, removes whole arcs... and art in the Hallow is also garbage.

Not Cross_Marian, but the original anime is almost panel-for-panel faithful to manga. Even the filler is taken from light novels and is thus de-facto canon.

Hallows, however, is a steaming pile of turd. It changes scenes, shifts scenes around so they don't make sense, removes whole arcs... and art in the Hallow is also garbage.
Thank you both:cheers:
I'll probably be back around chapter 200

Alright, I finished the Ark arc (heh):
- finally saw @Cross_Marian in action. He's gotta be my favorite part of the manga
- didn't expect The Fourteenth to exist, let alone be pivotal to the escape from the ark.
- concerning that - Allan seems to follow the classical Shonen MC route where he has all these important conections to everything relevant in the story.
- fight scenes are still a chore to follow, idk if that's unpopular to say but it's just how it is for me right now
- I'd have prefered it if there were some real casualties in the Ark, at the very least Vampire dude or Yu

I'll be honest, the only two things that are keeping me engaged are Marian and the Earl's backstory/general identity.

- finally saw @Cross_Marian in action. He's gotta be my favorite part of the manga
- didn't expect The Fourteenth to exist, let alone be pivotal to the escape from the ark.
- concerning that - Allan seems to follow the classical Shonen MC route where he has all these important conections to everything relevant in the story.
- fight scenes are still a chore to follow, idk if that's unpopular to say but it's just how it is for me right now
- I'd have prefered it if there were some real casualties in the Ark, at the very least Vampire dude or Yu

I'll be honest, the only two things that are keeping me engaged are Marian and the Earl's backstory/general identity.
She was criticised in general for her fights.

But it doesn’t bother me tbh

Stay tuned!

I loved the fights but I understand your criticism
I will tell you this, the D.Gray Mam fandom has never power lvl discussions. At least it’s very rare. We’re solely focused on the story, mysteries and characters.
The "real" story starts now, keep us updated!

I actually quite love fights in D.Gray Man, but yeah - story is the focus, and fights are generally there to carry the story forward.

Hoshino answered some questions in a live stream. She talked about the next chapter, Lavi and Lenalee

- She said that David fans should read the next chapter. (David is one of the Noah twins)
- She feels sorry for the Lavi fans but we need to wait a little bit more. Hoshino is waiting herself but we need a little bit more patience
- She said the same thing for Lenalee . She can’t reveal more but she said: "if we follow Kanda, then we’ll see that he and Lenalee…"

thanks to DGraymanFR1
I don’t understand French and used the Google Translator
So there could be some mistakes, if yes then I’m sorry
Here’s the post