DC & Marvel - Official Discussion Thread

Desperation move

They know they are bleeding and needed a stability so they hired RDJ, but i don't think Marvel needs stability, it needs risk and smth new
Well their hand was forced cause of the Jonathan Majors controversy lol.

So yes. They are desperate for a clean slate and some stability.

But i'm iffy about RDJ coming back, as is a pretty large portion of the fanbase i'm sure.

He had THE best send off. If the new movie sucks, that will be his final legacy in mcu instead of Endgame which nicely capped off his role as Iron man.

The Downey Jr news is a headscatcher. Is it really that hard to re cast Kang and give him a movie where feels like an actual threat?

Anyways the leaked F4 trailer is amazing. Finally marvel is giving a setting different that space/modern day earth

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
The Downey Jr news is a headscatcher. Is it really that hard to re cast Kang and give him a movie where feels like an actual threat?
It's odd they're throwing out a plot they spent like, 2 movies and 2 TV shows building.

What's odder to me though is the choice to cast RDJ as Doom...? Like.... Why?

It's odd they're throwing out a plot they spent like, 2 movies and 2 TV shows building.

What's odder to me though is the choice to cast RDJ as Doom...? Like.... Why?
I truly don’t know. Marvel refused to recast Chadwick Boseman and now Majors, but were totally fine doing it with Terrence Howard and William Hurt. Kang wasn’t doing well with general audiences? Well no shit you had him lose to fucking Ant man in a shit movie. You could’ve remedied that by having Kang actually do something of note. He was pretty well received as a character afterall

The RDJ news is just desperation imo. Everybody loves him and he’s a great actor. I really, really hope he’s not some stark variant and RDJ doesn’t play him as that

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Terrence Howard and William Hurt.
Tbf, Terrence Howard was at the onset of their franchise. They probably didn't put as much thought into it. Wiliam Hurt is a good point though.

I totally get Chadwick Boseman, I don't think anyone would've given a good performance in T'challa after him. (too bad the sequel sucked anyways)
The RDJ news is just desperation imo. Everybody loves him and he’s a great actor. I really, really hope he’s not some stark variant and RDJ doesn’t play him as that
From what I heard from fans and "leakers" on reddit this morning, that's the prevailing theory. An alt Tony who never became Ironman but turned into a villain instead. Which will be as entertaining as Evil Doc Strange in MoM. (0% entertaining).

From what I heard from fans and "leakers" on reddit this morning, that's the prevailing theory. An alt Tony who never became Ironman but turned into a villain instead. Which will be as entertaining as Evil Doc Strange in MoM. (0% entertaining).
Out of all characters, Doom is probably one of the few you can pull this off with. Give him an accent, and use makeup to give him a scarred face. It's that easy.

If they decide to go the alt Stark route might as well throw the franchise down the drain.

I saw the news and couldn't care less lol
Marvel is finished. I expect only 1 or 2 good movies out of 10 going forward.
I'll say the only interesting thing to me is Spiderman 4 and maybe an X-man movie when they get to it.
Good for RDJ tho, he's becoming the richest actor ever from Disney paychecks.