DC & Marvel - Official Discussion Thread

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
I just fail to see how recycling an actor and possibly a role can help them whatsoever. :pepeke:
They know it is a sinking ship and needed smth to get traction back.

I for one think Pedro Pascal for Mr. Fantastic is bad choice, the rest seem fine but Pedro just doesn't fit Mr. Fantastic IMO. RDJ for Doom is IMO terrible option.

Dr. Doom is beloved character, def a character that can carry the next generation or Marvel --- and they cast RDJ who is old and already did everything at Marvel. We know what RDJ can do, give us someone else, breath some life into Marvel.

I really don't understand how they find it so hard to do smth really good, give us Gambit FFS

Honest to god, Gambit is my fav character in Marvel and if they do Gambit it would be such a slam dunk.

RDJ and Russo bros coming back to try and save MCU lmaao 😭😭

Going on a tangent, Deadpool was awesome. I feel like the Xmen franchise is MCU’d best bet to try and generate hype again. If done right, an Xmen vs avengers sendoff will be epic. It will take a lot of buildup though

Indigo

Let the Past Die
β€Ž
They know it is a sinking ship and needed smth to get traction back.

I for one think Pedro Pascal for Mr. Fantastic is bad choice, the rest seem fine but Pedro just doesn't fit Mr. Fantastic IMO. RDJ for Doom is IMO terrible option.

Dr. Doom is beloved character, def a character that can carry the next generation or Marvel --- and they cast RDJ who is old and already did everything at Marvel. We know what RDJ can do, give us someone else, breath some life into Marvel.

I really don't understand how they find it so hard to do smth really good, give us Gambit FFS

Honest to god, Gambit is my fav character in Marvel and if they do Gambit it would be such a slam dunk.
You guys overestimate the comic fandom

what makes marvel movies huge are the general audience, not comic nerds

so Doom being popular on comics doesn't matter much, what matters is that the movie is good for GA

that's Guardians, who most people didn't know, was still a huge hit

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
You guys overestimate the comic fandom

what makes marvel movies huge are the general audience, not comic nerds

so Doom being popular on comics doesn't matter much, what matters is that the movie is good for GA

that's Guardians, who most people didn't know, was still a huge hit
Popularity of a characters matters a lot with general audience

A regular viewer would sooner watch a movie about a hero or villain he knows than he doesn't know.

And Doom is very beloved in the comic fan base but outside of it I've never seen people care as much for him