Anime Discussion Death Note thread

Who is your favourite character?

• Total voters
S

Shuyaku

why youโ€™re being a troll, you schmuck? L was exposing the shit out of douchebag, narcissist Light with the whole 13 day rule bullshit rule, L figured everything out. L was one step ahead of Light all the time. A real badass mother !
Who lost in the end ?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
L > Misa Chan > Near >= Mello for me in terms of faves.

I really like Light when he gives up the DN the first time and starts helping L, but the author gives Light way too many advantages seemingly out of the blue after L dies. Everyone around Light seems to drop IQ points at that stage too, makes it very hard to cheer that egomaniac on.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Are you really surprised? L was the one holding everything together, he was the brain, he did everything. After his death, people didn't know what to do. They needed him.
I feel like everyone went brain dead when Kira gave up the deathnote though. That was the dumbest plot line ever. Test it for finger prints or DNA.

S

Shuyaku

I feel like everyone went brain dead when Kira gave up the deathnote though. That was the dumbest plot line ever. Test it for finger prints or DNA.
It took Near/Mello working together and with the advantage of having access to Lโ€™s info on Kira before his death, a mistake from Mikami and Lightโ€™s own overconfidence at that point in time to take down Kira.

He was just that good, only L could compete.

Bogard

You can't win
โ€Ž
To me, L was the smartest one. I was amazed the first time he quickly deduced the area of effect the killer(Light) could operate him by using a criminal as a distraction.

Light's plan in giving up the death note was pretty ingenious too, but imo L was at a bigger disadvantage. Light had a supernatural book, an almighty Shinigami, while having his dad nearby to give him necessary knowledge advantage concerning police movements, got an additional death note user(Misa) who conveniently became fan of Light, with Light using this to his advantage.

Yet despite all this, L uncovered most of Light's secrets, predicted his death and still managed to beat Light post-mortem through Mello / Near

Light was smarter than L (though they are very close).

First of all, proving Kira had supernatural abilities wasn't hard, given he was basically killing people globally with a heart attack. Secondly, people say Light had an advantage due to having a supernatural device. But that device is no use if you cannot kill L without becoming the main suspect. L was a billionaire with all the infrastructure and global staff at his disposal. Light had nothing. Ryuk was of no use and Rem threatened to kill Light if something happens to Misa.

And Light killed two birds with one stone by forcing Rem to kill L. With Rem saying upon her death (in the Manga) that Light has surpassed the Shinigami by forcing them to kill themselves off. Lol.

So with no resources and with a Shinigami holding a knife to his throat, Light achieved to get rid of both L and Rem (plus Watari).

Light won fair and square.

Near even said that with the combined strength of him and Mello, they could surpass L and thus beat Kira.

But even then, Light only lost due to a tiny mistake of Mikami.

As for Mikami, I very liked him too until the point where he became obsessed with Light being god. When he should've realized that Light is just as human as him, who was granted powers by the Shinigami.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
It took Near/Mello working together and with the advantage of having access to Lโ€™s info on Kira before his death, a mistake from Mikami and Lightโ€™s own overconfidence at that point in time to take down Kira.

He was just that good, only L could compete.
His team legit had him and the reporter girl talking alone, no cameras, and didn't question a thing. He was on the phone with "Kira" too. Near/Mello worked together for like, 1 part of the series too. It's not like they were cooperating constantly.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
His team legit had him and the reporter girl talking alone, no cameras, and didn't question a thing. He was on the phone with "Kira" too. Near/Mello worked together for like, 1 part of the series too. It's not like they were cooperating constantly.
Mello kidnapping Takada and Mikami acting on his own is what led to Light's demise. Otherwise he would have won.

To me, L was the smartest one. I was amazed the first time he quickly deduced the area of effect the killer(Light) could operate him by using a criminal as a distraction.

Light's plan in giving up the death note was pretty ingenious too, but imo L was at a bigger disadvantage. Light had a supernatural book, an almighty Shinigami, while having his dad nearby to give him necessary knowledge advantage concerning police movements, got an additional death note user(Misa) who conveniently became fan of Light, with Light using this to his advantage.

Yet despite all this, L uncovered most of Light's secrets, predicted his death and still managed to beat Light post-mortem through Mello / Near
Your Kid avatar is such a distraction, very hypnotic.

I would dispute that L was the smartest, he died after all. Last man standing is the smartest, since they are rivals in a way.

Light underestimated Near too by saying that he is inferior to L, as L would've considered the existence of a fake notebook. And the only reason Near figured out is, because Mikami wrote down Takada's name too. He just could've given Mikami one piece of paper of the other notebook and call it a day.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
Mello kidnapping Takada and Mikami acting on his own is what led to Light's demise. Otherwise he would have won.
Yeah, because his own team went braindead despite Light's sketchiness and he had disposable pawns. It was legit hard to root for a guy who could pull out allies from his ass and the writing propped up without good excuses.

Bogard

You can't win
โ€Ž
Your Kid avatar is such a distraction, very hypnotic.

I would dispute that L was the smartest, he died after all. Last man standing is the smartest, since they are rivals in a way.
Can't blame you :blush:

If you only look at the conclusion sure, but i take into consideration situations too, and to me, L was at a bigger disadvantage than Light to start with(super-natural book, dad to share police force infos, additional death note user, with 2 Shinigamis giving him knowledge no one else knew), yet still almost won against Light, predicted his death, and ultimately won post-mortem through Mello / Near