Versus Battle Death Note vs Monster vs Code Geass vs Steins Gate

Which series is the best?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Death Note lost a LOT of steam and interest after L died.
I agree that there was a decline after L's death. I've stated before that I believe that that should have been the end, or an alternate one with L catching Light. I do disagree that it's overrated.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
โ€Ž
I agree that there was a decline after L's death. I've stated before that I believe that that should have been the end, or an alternate one with L catching Light. I do disagree that it's overrated.
Don't get me wrong, I think Death Note is amazing, but I personally don't believe it's so good that it's the unequivocal best of these mentioned series.

In the sense that Death Note is the most well known, therefore the most liked in the public eye would kind of translate to it being overrated in the context of other series being just as good, or even better.

Of course, in the end it's up to personal taste, and in no way shape or form a bash on DN.

However, like mentioned above, DN would've been a lot better off without the continuation after L's death.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Don't get me wrong, I think Death Note is amazing, but I personally don't believe it's so good that it's the unequivocal best of these mentioned series.
I agree there, for the same reason you mentioned, it's up to personal taste most of the time. I don't know Steins Gate, but the other 3 are deffo up there, and relative to one another and mostly ranked subjectively.

I agree there, for the same reason you mentioned, it's up to personal taste most of the time. I don't know Steins Gate, but the other 3 are deffo up there, and relative to one another and mostly ranked subjectively.
DN and SG are polar opposites.

DN starts out great but loses power by the end of the first half of the story.

SG starts out like a quirky slice-of-life summer break mystery with a touch of scifi
before dropping a plot twist at the end of its first half that hits you like a fucking railgun and never let up until the end, which contains another strong plot twist.

There is a reason why Steins;Gate is among the best reviewed Anime ever made. You ought to watch it, mate, just be patient and immerse yourself in it.

El psy congroo. :cheers:

Death note was everything with Light vs L then the moment L died Death note got written down in the death note and died
Monster imo is the classic out of the four of them, i hope we can get a new anime for this.
Code Geass was enjoyable
Steins Gate i need to rewatch as i forgot what happens

Monster > CG > DN (Pre L's Death) > SG > DN (Post L's Death)

Death Note is ultimate best here. There's nothing that come close to Light vs L.

Monster was masterpiece in itself but its slow af. Same for Stiens Gate. You need to show pateince for good stuff to drop in both series while Death note starts delivering quality stuff Ep1.
Code Geass was good watch but i dislike mecha stuff.

I'm surprised DN is in the lead, I thought Code Geass would've been ahead of DN.

First part of DN is peak anime. So many great moments. Unfortunately, the second part needlessly drags on the story, although I did find it overall to be good, despite feeling the second part to be inferior to the first part.

Last edited:

Emil

Certified Memelord
โ€Ž
code gease doesnt belong in this list imo

the rest r good. i havent finished monster so cant give a fair comparison

ill go with stiens gate. it was the most memorable to me

death note was much better wrote then steins gate
The characters are for the most part consistent in theie behavior where same cant be said for steins gate

Cant comment on code geass and monster as never seen those shows to make any commentary on them