Versus Battle Death Note vs Monster vs Code Geass vs Steins Gate

Which series is the best?

• Total voters

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
โ€Ž
But I can say out of these Death Note ranks the lowest. While L was still alive it was all good, and it is the general normie take, but I didn't enjoy the twins at all, and Light went out like a bitch lul.

Though all of these series are a masterpiece of their own, and it is hard to put them up against each other as even though they may have some similarities, they all explore vastly different things.

Death note and Monster can be compared due to the nature of things, however death note takes the emphasis on the fantasy part while monster really hyperfocuses on verisimilitude, making it very real life centric.

Code Geass and Monster are comparable due to the whole building of the story from start to finish, and CG has the most satisfying end to any series I've ever watched, as everything led up to that one moment, and it literally could not have been better. Code Geass' ending is not just the end of the series, but also completes it. I know that sounds stupid, but the art of ending a story is not easy to do well, and very rarely do you see any series end so satisfyingly as Code Geass.

Steins;Gate has also been a favorite of mine for a long time, but this also is really quite different from all of the other entries, this one is like the conspiracy theorist's wet dream, and I love it. The whole concept of Rintaro being able to possess his memory of the other timelines to try to reach the alpha timeline and fix the world is a super cool concept, and execution is flawless.

Right now I'm actually re-watching Monster, and I'm currently biased towards that for the time being, but truthfully all of these are a masterpiece in their own rights, and unfair to pit up against one another.

So I'll say Monster for now.
Post automatically merged:

Mango you have to talk Natalija into watching Monster.
I tried lolle, but she said the same thing she said to you.. Even if I know she will love it..

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Eh, sure. Lol. I haven't actually been reading manga for all that long so there is a lot of stuff I ain't gotten to yet.

Closest I got to seeing anything on that list was Code Ment. :doffytroll:
Lmao, what the hell is this?

If you do check them out, watch the anime for them.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Death Note is the only one Iโ€™ve read; I have impeccable taste and never waste time; ipso facto, Death Note is the only series of the available options that I have read, and that makes it objectively the best :cheers:

D

Dragomir

I don't anything about Monster and Steins Gate so this boils down to DN vs CG for me and you already know my opinion on that one...Code Geass bodies lol. I've already gone in-depth in the past but Death Note having gone downhill post-L's death while CG only gets better during Season 2 while also having one of the best anime endings in my opinion with Lelouch's death really makes the difference for me in the two.

You did recommend Monster to me a while back. I'll check it out soon.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
โ€Ž
I don't anything about Monster and Steins Gate so this boils down to DN vs CG for me and you already know my opinion on that one...Code Geass bodies lol. I've already gone in-depth in the past but Death Note having gone downhill post-L's death while CG only gets better during Season 2 while also having one of the best anime endings in my opinion with Lelouch's death really makes the difference for me in the two.

You did recommend Monster to me a while back. I'll check it out soon.
out of these series Monster and DN are the most similar in theme, but like I said prior, DN heavily focuses on the fantasy aspect, with the death note and reapers and whatnot. While Monster takes place in our world with no special powers or any impossible feats, it's a long series and it's really quite a slow burner, but every episode (or chapter if you read) brings another piece to the puzzle.

Of course that being said, the two series are not even remotely similar otherwise outside of theme, an elusive killer on the loose.
I feel like me trying to sell Monster does it great injustice, but I'm trying to make it as spoiler free as possible

W-what if Iโ€™m s-s-s-s-scared of m-m-m-monsters?? :doffycry::believe:
Do it tho, you won't regret it, 100% money back guarantee

Lmao, what the hell is this?
The Code Ment series by PurpleEyesWTF, an anime parody YouTuber.
He also did None Piece.
Which then got parodied by Dumb Piece.
Turns out that Luffy is at his best when he has the voice of Sean Connery. :steef:
If you do check them out, watch the anime for them.
Don't
read
the
Code Geass
manga

LOL
Does the manga art suck or something? :watchout:

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
โ€Ž
The Code Ment series by PurpleEyesWTF, an anime parody YouTuber.
He also did None Piece.
Which then got parodied by Dumb Piece.
Turns out that Luffy is at his best when he has the voice of Sean Connery. :steef:

Does the manga art suck or something? :watchout:
It's just that Code Geas is an ANIME ORIGINAL, and the Manga Took out some intergral parts of the series making it a literall fanfic LOL

I've actually never watched Steins Gate but have heard good things about it. So it's not worth the hype?
It has a very slow start and its first episode is very confusing, which puts off a lot of people. But I personally think it becomes really good past episode 11 or so. It's worth it.

I haven't read Monster out of the 4 (planning to read it after I finish Dorohedoro, which is awesome btw) but for the other 3, Code Geass takes the W from my side. Honestly, I don't really remember all the 3 stories very clearly as I read them way back but I do remember enjoying Code Geass more than the others as a whole. It was awesome from start to finish. Death Note spoilers: I think the story really fell off for me after L's death like for most people but it's still really fucking good, a classic and one of the most influential animanga series ever, especially in the West.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
โ€Ž
I've actually never watched Steins Gate but have heard good things about it. So it's not worth the hype?

Who do you interpret as the villain of DN?

Who do you interpret as the main characters here? It might be my fault since I just copied the form lol. I intended it to only be the one MC. In which I would rank them Light>Lulu>Tenma>whoever the MC of SG is.

Again sorry, who do you put in this section lol?

Larimo coming in hot with the Steins Gate as his vote. @Marimo_420 I expect an explanation.
Cus of Tuturu greatness you worthless heathen.

Mayuri bodies your fave.

:steef::steef::steef:

Fr though, I've still yet to watch monster so i can't rank it here, and in terms of what I personally enjoyed the most, it goes a little like this.

Death Note > Stiens Gate ~> Code Geass

Purely based on how much I enjoyed the show. To compare and contrast the characters and plot would take far too long, and I would need a reminder since it's been quite a while on all three shows.