Powers & Abilities Did 1016 Confirm Yamato as a Conqueror?

Did Yamato have an Haoshoku Clash With Kaido?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Courtesy of @Cinera

Did 1016 Confirm Yamato as a Conqueror?

Introduction

I think there's very low chances that it's anything other than a Haoshoku clash. Like so low that I don't think it's is a position that's worth entertaining.

Kaido's Usage of Advanced Haoshoku
SFX

Before Oda cuts to Yamato vs Kaido, we see the SFX that accompanies Kaido's usage of Advanced Haoshoku:

When Kaido is talking to Yamato, we see this same SFX again:

This SFX was present when Kaido was preparing to attack the Supernova with his Advanced Haoshoku Thunder Bagua:

And again in the aftermath of the attack:

It was also present when Kaido was preparing to attack Luffy with Rag Naraku:

The SFX is a strong indicator that Kaido attacked Yamato with Advanced Haoshoku.

Haki Tendrils
Aside from the associated SFX, we also see the haki tendrils that accompany Advanced Haoshoku attacks on Kaido's club before he swings at her:

This is further indication that Kaido attacks Yamato with an Advanced Haoshoku attack.

Kaido's Statements
Finally, Kaido claims that he's not going to hold himself back against Yamato:

This further reinforces the conclusion that he attacked her with Advanced Haoshoku as he used Advanced Haoshoku even for a nobody like Kinemon:

Evidence for an Haoshoku Clash
Black Lightning

Oda doesn't show Yamato's response (perhaps to hide her Hybrid Form), but she matches his Advanced Haoshoku and we see the black lightning that accompanies a Haoshoku clash. The sheer size and intensity of the black lightning have only ever been present in Haoshoku clashes.

If you think this:

Is supposed to be comparable to this:

Then I honestly don't know what to tell you. Yes, not all Black Lightning is Haoshoku, but black lightning that massive has only ever been present in Haoshoku clashes.

See Kaido vs Luffy:

Or Kaido vs Linlin:

Acting like Ulti and Luffy's COA Clash is comparable to Yamato and Kaido's clash is the equivalent of saying: "Kaido's Wind Scythes are comparable to Zoro's ISDS as both cut through stone".

That's what ignoring the scale involved sounds like.

Editor's Note
The editor even hypes up their clash:

A fierce clash!!

Clouds Parting
Before Yamato vs Kaido, we see Onigashima and it's covered in dark clouds:

Their clash splits the clouds and completely clears the sky:

Clouds parting has only occurred for Haoshoku clashes.

Similarities
Finally, this looks identical to Kaido's other Haoshoku clashes.

It's a more intense version of Kaido's Haoshoku clash with Luffy:

But less intense than Kaido's clash with Linlin:

Conclusions
To summarise:
  1. There's a strong visual indication that Kaido used Advanced Haoshoku:
    • The Haoshoku SFX.
    • The haki tendrils.
  2. Kaido says he wouldn't hold back.
    • Kaido used Advanced Haoshoku against relative fodder like Kinemon.
  3. The clash has visual features present only in Haoshoku clashes:
    • The volume of black lightning
    • The clouds parting.
  4. The clash is a perfect match for Kaido's prior Haoshoku clashes.

Thus:
  1. Kaido used Advanced Haoshoku.
  2. Kaido had a Haoshoku clash with Yamato.

I feel like: "Yamato hasn't unequivocally demonstrated Advanced Haoshoku" is worth entertaining. I believe that Yamato used Advanced Haoshoku since Kaido attacked her with it and she was able to match his attack. However, I can understand reserving judgement until she's shown using Advanced Haoshoku again.

But: "This wasn't actually a Haoshoku clash" or "Kaido didn't attack Yamato with Advanced Haoshoku" are not positions worth entertaining.

Those two positions require willful stubbornness.
  1. There are strong reasons to believe Kaido attacked Yamato with Advanced Haoshoku.
    • Visual indication via the haki tendrils.
    • The SFX that accompanies Kaido's usage of Haoshoku.
    • Kaido saying he wouldn't hold himself back.
  2. There are strong reasons to believe this was a Haoshoku clash.
    • It's a perfect match for Kaido's prior Haoshoku clashes.
    • Kaido has never once had a Busoshoku clash.
    • There's no actual reason to think Oda will draw Kaido having a Busoshoku clash.

There is no reason to believe this was not a Haoshoku clash. To argue that, you would have to suppose that:
  1. In this instance — and only this instance — the SFX was misleading.
  2. In this instance — and only this instance — the haki tendrils were misleading.
  3. Despite Kaido saying he wouldn't hold back, he massively holds back.
    • Compare how Kaido used Advanced Haoshoku vs Kinemon.
  4. Despite this clash looking like a perfect match for Kaido's prior Haoshoku clashes, it's not and is instead a Busoshoku clash.
    • This is despite Kaido never having shown Busoshoku clashes in the past.
    • This is despite there being no evidence that Busoshoku clashes can be this big.
    • This is despite there being no evidence that Busoshoku clashes can split the sky.

It just requires you to contort the manga too much. Being consistent, if I doubt that this is Advanced Haoshoku and a Haoshoku clash, I can't accept any visual indication. The Haki tendrils on Advanced Haoshoku attacks are one of the strongest indicators we have.

I might as well claim that the lustrous shading of Koka isn't actually an indication of Busoshoku usage.

Possible, but to early to say for sure...I for one think people take SFX's too seriously, Oda is the kind of writter that likes to do things in a "in your face" kind of way for these kinds of reveals, soo if she has it he will definely confirm it through dialogue or by having her and Kaido's atacks not touching.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I don't consider lightning sparkles as a ACoC argument, made my argument different times on that.

I likely see her as a Conqueror regardless, based off the fact that she showed a level of spirit quite uncommon. The way she is upfront against a yonko who is also her father and wants to avenge all the surpruses, plus her vitality and determination. I'm fairly confident some of these at least put her on the right track odds wise.

Your title and your poll are different questions.

Is not confirmed but most likely she has Coc. And I believe she also have Adv CoC. Also she is stronger than Luffy(I can't imagine Luffy one-shotting Ulti) since she will handle Kaido longer than he did until Luffy/Zoro come back.