Questions & Mysteries Did Katakuri break Jinbe out of jail?

Did Katakuri free Jinbe?

• Total voters
N

NeutralWatcher

Nothing to do with Katakuri. BM has no reason to imprison Jinbei after Jinbei openly betrayed her and embarrassed her by telling her mere Yonko.

Jinbei as a fishman has advantage when he is in the sea so he escaped through sea. Most BM veterans also have df which made it easier for Jinbei to escape. Jinbei might get help from sea creatures along the way.

Because he likes Luffy / hates BM and would want Jinbe to aid Luffy at Wano.

Do you have any explanation for why Jinbe, the strongest fishman, would show up 2 weeks later than the BMP if he just fled from them shortly after the SHP left?
You guys could read any of my comments in this thread.

An easy one was he was gathering allies which we will see next chapter.

Doesnt mean Jinbe cant.
What allies could he possibly gather?

Neko is already responsible for gathering the WBP remnants.
Jinbe doesn’t know the Straw Hat Grand Fleet, and if they showed up, it’d be because of their vivre cards.
He wouldn’t be bringing Germa or the Sun Pirates. If Jinbe fled and the rest were captured, then why flee in the first place if you’re gonna go back on your own to rescue them? If the rest also escaped, where are they, and why would it take them so long to get here compared to the BMP?

That would be inconsistent.

Jinbe: "Luffy! I need to stay behind! I can't just abandon my fishmen brethren!"

Jinbe x minutes later: "So long suckers!"
Who says he abandoned his friends in danger?

In fact, the reason why it took so long for him to arrive could have been simply because, first, he needed to stop and sleep, eat, etc., and second, he wanted to take care of his injured friends/potential victims before going with Luffy.