Questions & Mysteries Did Oda plan Gods Knights?

Reason I ask if cause when Luffy punch Charloss, why call an admiral? Why not call your family to handle it. If defending CDs ain’t the sole goal of the knights. Then what is?

Well it an option to call an Admiral and yeah I don't believe Oda plan God knights that early on in the story

Last edited:
Reason I ask if cause when Luffy punch Charloss, why call an admiral? Why not call your family to handle it. If defending CDs ain’t the sole goal of the knights. Then what is?
I don't know if it was planned or not, but it's justifiable that they didn't appear on Sabaody: even on Mariejoa they arrived late to take over the investigation and condemned a Tenryuubito.

They probably don't leave Mariejoa unless there's something extreme happening (like muliple countries rebelling against the WG as of now), and otherwise don't meddle with "human"'s affairs. It's likely they are the Gorosei's small private elite army with authority above anyone but them, but don't move without direct orders.

They always keep a lapdog like Kizaru nearby to intimidate pirates on Sabaody.

I don't know if it was planned or not, but it's justifiable that they didn't appear on Sabaody: even on Mariejoa they arrived late to take over the investigation and condemned a Tenryuubito.

They probably don't leave Mariejoa unless there's something extreme happening (like muliple countries rebelling against the WG as of now), and otherwise don't meddle with "human"'s affairs. It's likely they are the Gorosei's small private elite army with authority above anyone but them, but don't move without direct orders.

They always keep a lapdog like Kizaru nearby to intimidate pirates on Sabaody.
So Sabo burning down there flag and reeking havoc in there city isn’t considered extreme enough for them to act?

So Sabo burning down there flag and reeking havoc in there city isn’t considered extreme enough for them to act?
Apparently not. Holy Knights were mentioned in the manga before we saw all that flashback with Sabo, so they were definitely planed by Oda at least before that scene.

So either they were busy or they simply do not act without direct orders (since they had two admirals and plenty of marines there for that reason anyway).

Oda did NOT plan the God's Knights.

Why do I believe that?
- I believe that Oda had a VERY simple outline for his story originally. It only really included Luffy, Shanks, the other Emperors, and the World Government. The extra little groups like the Warlords of the Sea or God's Knights were not developed prior to the timeskip.

I don't think so. For example, Fisher Tiger invading Mary Geoise and freeing many slaves all by himself doesn't make much more sense right now (and it was quite impressive already even without the God's Knights, as we already knew that the marines, including the top echelon like Sengoku and Garp, could enter the holy land).

One possibly explanation: we never saw any of the God's Knights in combat yet, even when the revos and later Kuma invaded Mary Geoise. Do they act only when the marines and the local guards are defeated?

Oda did NOT plan the God's Knights.

Why do I believe that?
- I believe that Oda had a VERY simple outline for his story originally. It only really included Luffy, Shanks, the other Emperors, and the World Government. The extra little groups like the Warlords of the Sea or God's Knights were not developed prior to the timeskip.
You do realize that Warlords were mentioned before the world government proper right(marines ≠ WG)

I don't know if they were planned or not, but I think they were a needed concept since the Holly Land works like a country by itself and therefore needs some kind of judicial system and police to regulate it; "mere humans" can't fill that role because not even the Fleet Admiral can apply justice to a Celestial Dragon, and expecting the Gorosei to do so would be like wanting the high politician of a country to also act as its policemen.