Questions & Mysteries Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain?

Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain of One Piece?

• Yes it did

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No it didn't

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Not sure / Undecided

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Luffy just showed pirate king is a side thing EVEN FOR HIM
After luffy is king he will be the top pirate captain

And the final war is only after luffy is king

Bb has no place eos

And the final war is only after luffy is king
You say that, but I really do think Laugh Tale is the final arc
Oda thinks he can finish the series in three years (I seriously doubt he'll finish it in less than 5 but that's beside the point). I don't think he'd be saying that if he had some massive 100+ chapter long arc planned out after Laugh Tale. I think there's only three arcs left: Elbaf, Lodestar, and Laughtale. Maybe a short setup arc in there and probably an epilogue, but other than that, I think that'll be it

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Couldn't Whitebeard's statement have a double meaning to it?
Instead of the One Piece itself radically changing the world, couldn't you say that anyone who has managed to navigate to Laugh Tale has already changed the world in doing so?
The point is that the Final War comes after a new Pirate King has emerged.

While I agree but if oda wants so BB can have mythical zoan some dark dark being no mi from yami fruit who was antithesis of Nika. Oda can pull anything out of his ass if he want so.
It won't be as narratively satisfying.

Imu is the embodiment of 800 years of global tyranny and oppression.

BB is evil Luffy.

BB is evil Luffy.
Yeah but don't take anything for granted otherwise you will get disappointed when it does not happen.

There seems to be 3 Main Ends that Oda has highlighted in this post Wano period

Luffy - Shanks
something to do with the Straw Hat/Becoming a Worthy Pirate

Luffy - BB
Becoming the Pirate King/Reaching Laughtale

Luffy - Imu
What Luffys Actual Dream is Connected To

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It completely destroys it lol.

As things stand Imu is a glorified Charloss with a big gun.

There’s a reason we never got Luffy vs Spandam or Luffy vs Orochi.
Imu sama will still be the final antagonist even if Luffy must fight someone else to bring Imu sama down.

Imu sama has narrative significance that Spandam and Charloss did not.

Stopping Imu sama will be crucial in a way that stopping neither of them was.

Imu is the embodiment of 800 years of tyranny and oppression; that significance trumps all powerscaling considerations. The powerscaling serves the story not vice versa. Oda will find a way to make it work out.

The Gorosei already exist to serve as Imu sama's bodyguards. Oda has leeway to introduce arbitrary other characters to fight in Imu sama's place if he wants to.

But that won't change the fact that Imu sama is very much still the big bad that must be taken down to liberate the world.

We might even have a case where Imu sama uses their weapon to try and destroy the entire world or something, and Luffy has to stop them. I don't know how Oda will handle it, but however he does, Imu sama will be the Big Bad.

Not necessarily. Roger's reaction when he found the One Piece was laughter. I think the One Piece is more likely to be something quaint and funny rather than anything earth-shattering

BB is evil Luffy.
Blackbeard represents the dark side of freedom. He's a distortion of Luffy's ideals. Having someone like him be the final boss just feels right imo

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
BB, Shabks, Luffy are emperors but Blackbeard has no place EOS?
You say that, but I really do think Laugh Tale is the final arc
Oda thinks he can finish the series in three years (I seriously doubt he'll finish it in less than 5 but that's beside the point). I don't think he'd be saying that if he had some massive 100+ chapter long arc planned out after Laugh Tale. I think there's only three arcs left: Elbaf, Lodestar, and Laughtale. Maybe a short setup arc in there and probably an epilogue, but other than that, I think that'll be it
Joyboys mission is to overthrow the power that's been in charge for 800 years

That's imu

Not blackbeard

Bb is a pirate

Not necessarily. Roger's reaction when he found the One Piece was laughter. I think the One Piece is more likely to be something quaint and funny rather than anything earth-shattering

Blackbeard represents the dark side of freedom. He's a distortion of Luffy's ideals. Having someone like him be the final boss just feels right imo
Blackbeard isn't Luffy antithesis though. Imu is. The person who controls everythng vs the person who wants to be the freest guy in the world

There seems to be 3 Main Ends that Oda has highlighted in this post Wano period

Luffy - Shanks
something to do with the Straw Hat/Becoming a Worthy Pirate

Luffy - BB
Becoming the Pirate King/Reaching Laughtale

Luffy - Imu
What Luffys Actual Dream is Connected To
I'm thinking something along the lines of
Elbaf -> Shanks
Lodestar -> Imu
Laugh Tale -> Blackbeard

Blackbeard isn't Luffy antithesis though. Imu is. The person who controls everythng vs the person who wants to be the freest guy in the world
The only way BB has any chance of becoming final villain if he also has a secret Dream that we haven’t seen yet.

I think this chapter effectively kills off Shanks being the final villain because of the final dream stuff that we know has to happen after Laughtale

The only way BB has any chance of becoming final villain if he also has a secret Dream that we haven’t seen yet.

I think this chapter effectively kills off Shanks being the final villain because of the final dream stuff that we know has to happen after Laughtale
Film Red killed any chance of Shanks being a villain