Questions & Mysteries Did Whitebeard really did nothing to try to avenge Oden ?

One mystery that has been bugging me quite a bit ever since learning about Oden's ties with Whitebeard and the Whitebeard Pirates and that the invasion happened more than 20 years ago is that Kaido apparently didn't suffer from a retribution from Whitebeard who is extremely known for how protectice he is of his crew and friends and for avenging those who were attacked or killed.

Do you really think that Whitebeard never tried to avenge Oden and to attack Kaido and Orochi in revenge for his death ? Or did something happened to prevent him from doing so ?
What could have happened ?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Oden traveled with WB, then Roger. The Roger and WBP had their last meeting(that WB flashback with Roger telling him about the VC) and later on we the Roger Pirates disbanded.

WB was probably told that Oden had things to do alone in Wano and was just awaiting for contact from him, like how the other Roger Pirates was waiting for Oden to achieve his goal is Wano.

That along with news about Wano never being known to the public and vice versa, it makes coulds make sense that WB did nothing as he didnt know. It's one of those things that are unexplained in the series but makes sense when you fill in the gaps with assumptions.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Oden traveled with WB, then Roger. The Roger and WBP had their last meeting(that WB flashback with Roger telling him about the VC) and later on we the Roger Pirates disbanded.

WB was probably told that Oden had things to do alone in Wano and was just awaiting for contact from him, like how the other Roger Pirates was waiting for Oden to achieve his goal is Wano.

That along with news about Wano never being known to the public and vice versa, it makes coulds make sense that WB did nothing as he didnt know. It's one of those things that are unexplained in the series but makes sense when you fill in the gaps with assumptions.
But marco knows kaidos on wano doesnt he?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I don't think he attacked Wano directly because he didn't want to hurt Wano people and too risky for his own family, and I think too that WB respected Oden decision to return and fight for his country. WB likely understood that it was Oden fate to defend his land and if he died, he lived and did the things he wanted. But I think he was still sad and angry ta Kaido.

And to be fair WB doesn't owe anything to Wano. If Oden had asked his help he would have helped but with Oden death his relationship with Wano is over.

But I clearly think that he sank some Kaido ships and wrecked some of his crew at sea when he had the chance.

Last edited:
Yeah, F that guy, he left the crew. People forget that these guys are pirates, they don't just go around doing whatever good thing that comes to mind.

i pretty much agree with this, especially considering that odens retainers left wano to find allies 20 years later.

though it would be weird for a yonko to not know about the territory of the other yonko. . .

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
i pretty much agree with this, especially considering that odens retainers left wano to find allies 20 years later.

though it would be weird for a yonko to not know about the territory of the other yonko. . .
Im sure marco knew kaido was in wano ?

M

MD Zolo

May be WB never knew Oden died. May be he thought that Oden was stronger than Kaido and therefore Kaido can't do anything to him even if Kaido was staying in Wano.

Hole: Ace came four years ago and saw the ruin that is Wano.

May be WB never knew Oden died. May be he thought that Oden was stronger than Kaido and therefore Kaido can't do anything to him even if Kaido was staying in Wano.

Hole: Ace came four years ago and saw the ruin that is Wano.
It happening twenty years ago is a huge hole. Look at Zou, Nekomamushi and Inuarashi were there and escaped, but apparently did nothing for twenty years. Seemingly forgetting about Wano?

I dont really wanna name it ...nope...no...not saying..... PLOT HOLE .....

but meh we will likely have the answer as WB was waiting for the promised person to arrive and that person will correct everything like Oden and and Roger were waiting for.... MMMEEEEHHHH :whitepress:

M

MD Zolo

It happening twenty years ago is a huge hole. Look at Zou, Nekomamushi and Inuarashi were there and escaped, but apparently did nothing for twenty years. Seemingly forgetting about Wano?
Well..Neko and Inu were probably waiting for the promised day. They had no intention to seek help because help isn't what they were looking for. They were looking for a leader i.e. Momonusuke and Toki's 20 years prophecy.

Well..Neko and Inu were probably waiting for the promised day. They had no intention to seek help because help isn't what they were looking for. They were looking for a leader i.e. Momonusuke and Toki's 20 years prophecy.
I think the whole it happened twenty years ago and their flashback with Oden thing was something that was done after Zou. Rereading Zou, Nekomamushi and Inuarashi should have known may more than they did.