Disney General Thread

Which type of Disney property do you prefer?

• Total voters

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Anyone seen Elemental ? I am planning to watch it this week-end.
it was pretty good imo! the marketing for the movie was really horrible. I wouldn’t say the plot or characters themselves are anything revolutionary, but it’s a very genuinely made film and didn’t deserve all the backlash it got before the release

it was pretty good imo! the marketing for the movie was really horrible. I wouldn’t say the plot or characters themselves are anything revolutionary, but it’s a very genuinely made film and didn’t deserve all the backlash it got before the release
Yeah, from what I have heard and read, the movie plot isn't extraordinary but it deserves far better than the marketing, release date and unfair backlash it got.

Disney truly weights negatively on Pixar these years.

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Yeah, from what I have heard and read, the movie plot isn't extraordinary but it deserves far better than the marketing, release date and unfair backlash it got.

Disney truly weights negatively on Pixar these years.
it’s such a shame honestly. without reading that one article with the interview with the director, most people didn’t know what the movie was actually about

G

Gorosei Informer

Turning Red was a cute movie:tch:

not the best Pixar Movie by any means but still fun
Absolutely fantastic film, way better than the trailer made it seem! I used to hate it until I gave it a chance and watched it lol. Really loved it along with Encanto, the whole generational trauma themes were WAY too relatable! Both films genuinely made me cry. Mei with that red moon ritual scene and that one scene with her mum were really powerful scenes! Excellent music for the ritual too!

Its not Disney ofc but have you seen Abominable? That film is FANTASTIC too! Also made me cry lmao. Very beautiful film.
Post automatically merged:

Really Disney? Now we are getting a live action remake of Moana.:seriously:

Moana came out in 2016, it's even a decade old yet.:pepeke:
Just wait until the inevitable Frozen one too lol. I'm surprised they've not done Tarzan yet.

Just watched Elemental.

It's not on the same level of Toy Story movies, The Incredibles 1 or Inside Out, but it's still good.

The story isn't particularly original or complicated but the visuals, the animation, the music are amazing and you can see that the director Peter Sohn and the animation teams really put their passion in it.

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Just watched Elemental.

It's not on the same level of Toy Story movies, The Incredibles 1 or Inside Out, but it's still good.

The story isn't particularly original or complicated but the visuals, the animation, the music are amazing and you can see that the director Peter Sohn and the animation teams really put their passion in it.
yes!! this is exactly how i feel about it :owo:

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
I heard Disney is buying Hulu which I hope they don't raise the price to much other wise I would of just kept the bundle

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
Disney had pretty good stuff for kids.What they did with Star Wars is unforgivable though...
I'm probably rare in this but I think Disney Revitalized the franchise especially with the shows which most are pretty good and while the sequels aren't as good has the prequels they are better and more enjoyable to watch than the original imo

I'm probably rare in this but I think Disney Revitalized the franchise especially with the shows which most are pretty good and while the sequels aren't as good has the prequels they are better and more enjoyable to watch than the original imo
They don't give me the old star wars vibes anymore.I didn't like any of the new star wars stuff.

I liked the first two seasons of The Mandalorian, as well as the second season of The Bad Batch, and Andor which is the best Star Wars Disney series; but I wasn't impressed by Rebels, the third season of The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett, and I still loathe the Disney trilogy.

Not counting that it doesn't have the richeness and creativity of the old EU, and failed to adapt the greatness of Thrawn and his trilogy.