Character Discussion Do you agree with the disappointment people have regarding Eustass Kid?

The only problem I've had with this is with Big Mom. 2 guys are wounding her but she doesn't use AdCoC...why?
Plus that last panel, sounding too much like chearleading for my liking. They should have said something like "we're here to beat/kill you" or "take you down". And Kidd's lack of Haki feats
Other than that it was cool.

He and Law switched goals in a 1 min timeframe... so yes, I understand.
And his attacks visually are pretty meh, nor something "cool"and neither something interesting, so that doesnt help either.
And a lot of ppl like "flashy" stuff after all. Oda should have consulted Toriko's author for these kind of things, Kid for sure would be a more "attractive" character for the audience.

No matter how durable you are, getting hit by a Train would hurt you from the sheer physical impact. Punk Corna Dio is bigger than Bigger Mom, it did do damage.

I think the fundamental criticism of Kidd's moveset stems from 2 points.
- the lack of creativity from Oda regarding his moveset (which is valid imo).
- the lack of understanding of how durability and physical impacts work.

You can criticize how Oda handled his character and his rivalry with Luffy though, I ain't defending that.
so far, Kid moveset is based on what he like, which is:
- Punk itself
- Mechanic
- Robot

thats why he doesnt do magneto kind of shit imo.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
so far, Kid moveset is based on what he like, which is:
- Punk itself
- Mechanic
- Robot

thats why he doesnt do magneto kind of shit imo.
I agree with that. I just think Oda can add a bit more creativity to it. Like look at Law's Shock Wille in the same chapter - it had really good visuals and what Oda wanted to show was clearly understood. Now look at Punk Corna Dio.

I agree with that. I just think Oda can add a bit more creativity to it. Like look at Law's Shock Wille in the same chapter - it had really good visuals and what Oda wanted to show was clearly understood. Now look at Punk Corna Dio.
yeah, i do feel it kinda boring lmao, but i just cant imagine what the mindblowing thing that Kid could do based on three things above lmao

probably some punk robots again :quest:

Queen was playing dead if I remember correctly ; and he K.O.ed BM too + Zoan queen is meh
Queen changed to his human form after two hits from a nerfed big mom.
I am not trying to downplay queen, this guy is strong i know, it's just all that adds to kid toughness.
I don't get the hate on this character.
I mean he has balls of steel and he can put serious damage on big mom.
What else people need?:josad:

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Be less fanatical buddy, Big Mom is tired and panting, it's impossible for Kid not to have done any damage... Only if you start to believe that Law has a divine attack and is defeating Big Mom practically alone... which is ridiculous.
"Even water droplets can carve stone, given enough time." Even Kidd believes his attacks are unimpressive by themselves, akin to water droplets. With enough time and repetition Big Mom has started to feel them though. So yes she is being affected, but no it's not even close to what Law is doing to her, that wouldn't even make any sense given Law is destroying her from the inside ignoring her strongest stat (durability) altogether.

0 damage is an exaggeration, but against a fresh Big Mom it's not all that far off. That same attack would be inconsequential by itself.

• blitzes big mom
  • overpowers linlin's gigantified form
  • didn't even use awakening
"Kid is trash"
1. He didn't blitz. She took damage from law, and got up still damaged and then she stood still taking kidds attacks

2. You might want to wait until next chapterr before saying he over power her lol. And even if he did franky already did the same on his bike lol.

3. His awakening is assigning metal to her. He that and it failed so now as usual he is only assigning metal to himself. His awakening isnt great honestly
Post automatically merged:

Be less fanatical buddy, Big Mom is tired and panting, it's impossible for Kid not to have done any damage... Only if you start to believe that Law has a divine attack and is defeating Big Mom practically alone... which is ridiculous.
Stop the bullshit. It's flat out common sense " exterior attacks will work more affectively is your damage that same person internally" since they at that moment won't be able to put up that strong of a exterior defense.

This is why all the hits we see kidd get on bigmom is AFTER law damages her internally lol

Luffy vs Kidd in Udon was great. It could have been a Ace 51-49 Sabo relationship but right now it is 100 - 0 in Luffys favor and it's not a rivalry.

Perhaps Kidd vs Law is 51 - 49. I would rather have seen Law vs Zoro be 51-49, both being future Yonko/WSS material (Shanks/Mihawk) but Kidd being WB (i.e. strongest yonko, pseudo pirate King) and Luffy ofc being Roger, strongest duo outside of Kong, Imu, BB, Akainu.

• blitzes big mom
  • overpowers linlin's gigantified form
  • didn't even use awakening
"Kid is trash"
He didn't blitz big mom how can it be blitz if she's trying to recover from laws attack and by that point he never over power her because she was try to catch her self from laws attack, this head cannon need to stop

Kid has been trash an still is law is above kid easily, kid is only making big toys to slam his opponents ant nothing special about that an you truly think something like that hurt big mom lmao it was all law even, notice how Kidd only attack her after law always uses his attack first, y'all didn't notice it

1. He didn't blitz. She took damage from law, and got up still damaged and then she stood still taking kidds attacks

2. You might want to wait until next chapterr before saying he over power her lol. And even if he did franky already did the same on his bike lol.

3. His awakening is assigning metal to her. He that and it failed so now as usual he is only assigning metal to himself. His awakening isnt great honestly

Stop the bullshit. It's flat out common sense " exterior attacks will work more affectively is your damage that same person internally" since they at that moment won't be able to put up that strong of a exterior defense.

This is why all the hits we see kidd get on bigmom is AFTER law damages her internally lol
Thank you bruh I thought I was the only one who saw this during there fight hell even if you go bk and look on the roof Kidd always attack after someone, because his attack are trash

Last edited:
Yeah I understand it. For many people he looks like a pussy.

Can you still remember how he was behind crucified opponents in the new world? At that time he looked violent and strong.

Wano made him a pussy. All the hype is gone. I think Killer is much more badass, interesting, deeper and cooler. But this is just a snapshot.

I believe that you should only keep your opinion until the end of an arc. Thinks can happen, I'm not the guy to judge an arc by a chapter or before it enden. It's not my style.

One thing is for sure, Oda hyped Kid up and wrote him on porpuse as the only endgame Super Nova for Luffy. Facts. So what is Oda up to ? We should wait.

A part of me thinks there would be fewer complaints about Kid if only his attacks looked cooler. It could be the same battle, same situation, but a really badass moveset would probably get a lot of people to like him more, just based on the rule of cool alone. Because at the end of the day, it's not only about what feats a character accomplishes, but how they accomplish them.

I think he is holding his own fundamentally, it's just a shame that despite how tanky he is Big Mom is having such a tool on him 1v1. He is simply not on the level of power Luffy and Zoro stand on.