General & Others Do you consider yourself a "one piece fan"

Are you a one piece "fan"

• Total voters

GUI VI

Touch The Grass
It used to be,

When I met OP, it was a discovery for me, I was hooked lol.

but because One Piece is a weekly manga, a manga that's been around for almost 30 years, and after reading other series, I started to see One Piece as just another series that entertains me, nothing more.

A bit sad to say but for me the most appropriate answer is "used to be". I follow this manga almost from the beginning, I liked it a lot but now it has changed and I have changed as well. Anyway I see too much dragging in the arcs, Luffy has become Jesus, the other SHs are left in a corner, every arc there are 100 new characters who drag things way way too long while stuff that could be both interesting and important is totally neglected (see Wano and almost no focus on swords, Ryuma etc.). Also fake tension everywhere, just look at those annoying fake deaths.

I find myself reading really fast the chapters, maybe I don't even read them some weeks, I just go look in the spoiler section to see the circus, it is way more entertaining than the manga and I find that circus already old and biting its own tail..

Yes but I only started in may this year . I bought all physical volumes except volume 96 which I am still missing . Read it once , started another round currently at volume 58 , I read 1 - 3 volumes per day depending on free time.

I love the story , huge number of characters with so many unique crazy designs , many different unique locations with so many islands, humuor.

Still Berserk is much better overall especially in art and combat.

Come on guys I'm pretty sure we are all "fans" in the sense that we come together as a community to talk badly about people who like the story and its characters. That makes us fans in a way.

Conclusion = I like it, but like, I'm not in like with it... You know? Like, I like it, but ya. Ya. I like it. I like it A LOT (Jim Carrey voice). I like it.... But I don't LIKE like it. I mean, I ain't gay. 😅

Last edited: