Do you cry when you remember Constantinople fell?

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž

The Serbs are the big bro and Russia (old) is the father of the Slavs

The ethnicity that started the worst wars on the earth yet
Slavs are a bit funky

If you ask Serbians they will say the are more closer to Russia due to Orthodoxy, if you ask Croatians we will say we are most closer to Slovenia, Czech, Polish and even Slovakia

I never really heard anyone here address Russia as a big bro or bro overall - considering Tito told Stalin to fuck off and that he won't be part of USSR.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
It's a shame how many historical events leave so many people uninterested ignoring how modern society wasn't born in a 0 - 1 boolean switch way

K!NG HARA$H!MA

Lower than trash
β€Ž
Slavs are a bit funky

If you ask Serbians they will say the are more closer to Russia due to Orthodoxy, if you ask Croatians we will say we are most closer to Slovenia, Czech, Polish and even Slovakia

I never really heard anyone here address Russia as a big bro or bro overall - considering Tito told Stalin to fuck off and that he won't be part of USSR.
That's why I said old, Russia used to be a big bro because it was considered to be the only Major Slavic empire at that time and other Slavs was *occupied* by other ethnic empires. Tho Russia might deem as *heretic* but Slavic brotherhood sentiment triumph over it at one time.

It was Russia who abused the Pan-Slavism and pretty much killed it anyways and Serbia played a huge role too

Serbs almost committed ethnic cleansing of Croats in their dream of greater Serbia( which was backed by Russia) and Serbs dominated Yugoslavia pretty much oppressed croats and it was not too long either, no wonder they can't get along now or don't consider Them Big bro

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
That's why I said old, Russia used to be a big bro because it was considered to be the only Major Slavic empire at that time and other Slavs was *occupied* by other ethnic empires. Tho Russia might deem as *heretic* but Slavic brotherhood sentiment triumph over it at one time.
Well i can only speak for Croatia, but my ancestors didn't really care for Russia. We always viewed ourselves as more central European than south eastern so we always gravitated towards Austria, Hungary, Italy and Rome. I can't recall if through the history of Croatia we ever wanted to get close to Russia

Slovenia even more so was closer to Austria than we were.

Romania even tho Orthodox has a rather unique language (Roman-Latin) and not Cyrillic

Serbia and Bulgaria are prolly 2 biggest pro Russia nations through history.

It was Russia who abused the Pan-Slavism and pretty much killed it anyways and Serbia played a huge role too
IMO what doomed Pan Slavism was the WW1 mentality post war. Cause Serbia was attacked it found itself on the winning side so us Croatians, Slovenians and others couldn't voice our opinion against them cause we were on loosing side.

There were talks between all Slav nations post ww1, hell Croatia-Slovenia and Bosnian had their own state without Serbia, but we were pressured to join Serbia because Italy was preparing to attack us.

If we had time we could have maybe get a better deal

Then WW2 came and Tito was the role reason why it worked. Once he died Nationalists, not communists, nationalists took power and the abuse started

no wonder they can't get along now or don't consider Them Big bro
Well we Croats oddly enough get along well with Serbia now. Yea sure there is some tension but it is mostly between Veterans and politicians for political points

But us younger generations don't give a fuck, war talk wont educate us, feed us, make us happy. Hence why most young population gets quite along quite well

B

Ballel

But us younger generations don't give a fuck, war talk wont educate us, feed us, make us happy. Hence why most young population gets quite along quite well
It should be like this everywhere.

The older generations had their reasons to hate each other. People like my dad were brainwashed in Albania, sometimes I make fun of this exaggerated Nationalism but maybe I gotta cut him some slack. When you're raised with this it's hard to get rid of this mentality.

What matters is that us new generations won't let the hatred of the past consume us. We can make it better today.