Character Discussion Do you really think Luffy's real rival is Kid?

A nemesis could also be a rival.
It was obvious that Oda planned for blakcbeard to be luffy's rival when they met at mocktown.
Blakcbeard is Luffy's rival.
For you this means everything

But this means shit

What are those? Double standards? :quest:

Lmao don’t get arrogant when you’re merely speculating my dude. We’ll see if Kidd does anything half as impressive as Luffy. Until then, I will not be considering him a rival.
I'm not arrogant, I'm just 100% sure of what's coming
That thing I said about falling into tricks is just a joke, don't take it personal

He is Luffy's fella, a little a bit of banter here and there but they like each other. So they won't fight each other, at least not seriously.

Regarding the story, depends if Kidd has some poneglyphs, I doubt he does and I don't think there is another way to get to Laugh Tale.
Maybe since he is Luffy's friend, Luffy will give him a hand and let him copy Kaido's poneglyph, after all his crew is helping against the Beast Pirates.

So double standards, got it
Nope just the fact that
1-Bb was introduced first
2-Oda admitted himself that he didnt plan the supernovas
3- bb is actually strong enough to rival luffy and kidd isnt
4- mock town and the talk about dreams made it clear that their end goal was the same early on making them rivals
5- bb captured ace making their problem personal.

So yeah its not just double standards

Nope just the fact that
1-Bb was introduced first
2-Oda admitted himself that he didnt plan the supernovas
3- bb is actually strong enough to rival luffy and kidd isnt
4- mock town and the talk about dreams made it clear that their end goal was the same early on making them rivals
5- bb captured ace making their problem personal.

So yeah its not just double standards
1) Ok, so?
2) Majority of what we saw in these 20 years wasn't planned, this is not a valid point
3) Impulsive judgement
4-5) It's obvious that Blackbeard is the Laugh Tale opponent, this doesn't negate Kidd the big role before that
Post automatically merged:

lmfao

1) Ok, so?
2) Majority of what we saw in these 20 years wasn't planned, this is not a valid point
3) Impulsive judgement
4-5) It's obvious that Blackbeard is the Laugh Tale opponent, this doesn't negate Kidd the big role before that

lmfao
1) so BB was Oda plan for a luffy's Rival
2) not true because the majority of what Oda does is planned in the aspect of the important big plots. Oda said he didnt really plan for supernovas means alot.
3) manga fact. Kidd didnt show much to rival luffy neither strength wise but especially feats wise post time skip and we didnt see enough of him pre time skip.
4)5) BB is luffy rival their early meeting and BB being literally involved in luffy's story and his affect on luffy's personal life and his devolopment as a character is a strong indicator of that. The whole theme of one piece is dreams and will. Mock town and black beard speech about dreams to luffy made it clear that black beard and luffy are chasing the same end goal. Luffy and BB are rivals and are different sides of the same goal in this sense.

1) so BB was Oda plan for a luffy's Rival
2) not true because the majority of what Oda does is planned in the aspect of the important big plots. Oda said he didnt really plan for supernovas means alot.
3) manga fact. Kidd didnt show much to rival luffy neither strength wise but especially feats wise post time skip and we didnt see enough of him pre time skip.
4)5) BB is luffy rival their early meeting and BB being literally involved in luffy's story and his affect on luffy's personal life and his devolopment as a character is a strong indicator of that. The whole theme of one piece is dreams and will. Mock town and black beard speech about dreams to luffy made it clear that black beard and luffy are chasing the same end goal. Luffy and BB are rivals and are different sides of the same goal in this sense.
1) No one is debating the importance of Blackbeard in the story, taking Kidd's importance away is pointless tho and there are no basis to do so, especially now
2) Does the fact that Poseidon wasn't planned make it unimportant for the story?
3) They literally had the same experiences: invading Totland, forming Alliance, fighting Kaido, being defeated and aknowlodged for CoC, being imprisoned and later manage to escape, reaching the rooftop of Onigashima
4-5) I don't see how your (4-5) awnsered me

?

1) No one is debating the importance of Blackbeard in the story, taking Kidd's importance away is pointless tho and there are no basis to do so, especially now
2) Does the fact that Poseidon wasn't planned make it unimportant for the story?
3) They literally had the same experiences: invading Totland, forming Alliance, fighting Kaido, being defeated and aknowlodged for CoC, being imprisoned and later manage to escape, reaching the rooftop of Onigashima
4-5) I don't see how your (4-5) awnsered me

?
1) yeah i am not debating his importance aswell i am debating trying to prove hes luffys rival not kidd.
2) like i said. I said the big plots are all planned. Yes poseidon on the big picture is not important. Not as important as a rival which affects the story almost every arc. Compared to that poseidon is minor plot.
3) yes Zoro had more in common with luffy than kidd. Having similarities doesnt make them rivals.
If any thing what i said in my 4th and 5th point is what makes them rivals
4)5) i explained it very will IMO wont re explain it.