Do you think Anime community is not inclusive about women

Do you realize MMA has weight classes for a reason?
Yes but Real life street fight =/= MMA
Post automatically merged:

N-no! *Dribbles saliva* Y-you shee, characters like Zoro or Suzaku or Eren beating up grown ass men three timesh their size is *shlurrrp* not f-forced di-dive- *shllurrrrp*. It'sh imposshiburu to has vagne and be stronk sho *munches crayons* f-forced f-forced dive-

Strength =/= importance.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
How can they even lift my fatass:goatasure:
my best friend is shorter than me and weights less yet i am sure he could kick my ass. He trains MMA and once out a joke i told him to high kick me which he did. He jumped and on purpose swung his leg above my head just tho show he can jump high enough and strike hard enough to fuck me up

since then i didn't challenge him at all like that anymore

weight doesn't mean W all the time. Skill matters too

Yeah ur right most of the strong characters in shonen are unimportant.

Itachi, Hisoka, Sengoku, Fujitora, if they were weak as fuck they'd still have the same importance in a story about *checks notes* adventure, action and fighting. Good call.
Wrong. It is the other way round. Dadan, Portgas D Rouge and Hancock are important. And for your fighting chick fetish, we have Big Mom who is stronger than Mihawk.

my best friend is shorter than me and weights less yet i am sure he could kick my ass. He trains MMA and once out a joke i told him to high kick me which he did. He jumped and on purpose swung his leg above my head just tho show he can jump high enough and strike hard enough to fuck me up

since then i didn't challenge him at all like that anymore

weight doesn't mean W all the time. Skill matters too
Except that you let him do that

I see anime /manga mostly caters to male gender and there is disparity between men and women who watch anime.

I suppose one of my female friends thinks mangaka/ anime creates fan service that is offputing them from watching or reading it or the plot devise is mostly surround about male MC love interest. Do you think Comic/Manga industry must change their age old chauvism and open upto badass woman lead that could inspire future generations.?
I don't care if anime mostly caters to men, it's common sense to cater your content to the majority of your viewers, although there are plenty of series girls can watch that aren't shonen. I do agree though fanservice is offputting. I'd rather not have fanservice in a show, it diminishes that shows quality aswell as the character being used as fanservice, a perfect example is One Piece.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It is normal to write a novel/manga/comic for your public and show them what they want to see but it is also your role to make them like different things and "educate" them to other tastes/things.

Tastes can be changed and diversified, giving others point of views is also an author role.

It is clear that the classic shonen world was going circles with their MC and their cast for the most part (women, secondary characters etc)

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
What the actual fuck does this mean? 50% of the population is female, how the fuck does representing complex female characters with personal struggles and growth equate to diversity for the sake of diversity? NO ONE is asking for a hundred trans, non-binary or gay characters. Just for the love of Christ above, stop reducing women to stereotypes and cheap satellite characters that revolve around men. They statistically outnumber men. This isn't fucking rocket science.

Every time someone makes this argument, I'm utterly convinced they eat crayons day in and day out. Absolutely retarded, brain dead argument.
:whitepress:
How do you jump to this conclusion? You're completely missing the argument here, the point isn't that there aren't females or other ethnicities than "white people". Thing is, when a story (more often than not an adaptation of a story) starts altering the plot just because of someone's ethnicity or background. Like how suddenly J.K Rowling decided that oh yeah ofc Hermoine is black, like what?? Hello?
I have absolutely NOTHING against people adding in diverse characters to spice things up, but I have a problem with people who finds fault in other people's works of art to funnel their own morals/ ethics/ politics into them.
The pressure that this group that wants "inclusion" is asphyxiating and when people cave to their demands it feels forced, and doesn't feel right nor should anyone let other people dictate how your OWN STORY should go.. Like what the f?

Good female characters exist in the medium of manga, they might be in smaller amounts in Shonen specifically but, anime/manga is not solely shonen..

Thing is, when a story (more often than not an adaptation of a story) starts altering the plot just because of someone's ethnicity or background. Like how suddenly J.K Rowling decided that oh yeah ofc Hermoine is black, like what?? Hello?
If you actually knew how to read, you would realise she never said that. She said ‘Rowling loves Black Hermione’ not ‘Hermione was Black all along’. Rowling accepts portrayals of the character because who knew, Hermione is not defined by her race? How the fuck does Hermione having more melanin in her skin ‘alter the plot’? It doesn’t.

The pressure that this group that wants "inclusion" is asphyxiating and when people cave to their demands it feels forced, and doesn't feel right nor should anyone let other people dictate how your OWN STORY should go.. Like what the f?
So I’m guessing that you also have a problem when Jake Gyllenhaal plays the prince of PERSIA or when Avatar the Last Airbender movie race bends Firelord Ozai to be the only character of colour? Did you raise a stink when the film adaptation of Ghost in the Shell made a Japanese person into a white woman? Probably not. You just have a problem when minorities are cast as protagonists instead.

MangoSenpai

Argonauts, roll out!
If you actually knew how to read, you would realise she never said that. She said ‘Rowling loves Black Hermione’ not ‘Hermione was Black all along’. Rowling accepts portrayals of the character because who knew, Hermione is not defined by her race? How the fuck does Hermione having more melanin in her skin ‘alter the plot’? It doesn’t.

So I’m guessing that you also have a problem when Jake Gyllenhaal plays the prince of PERSIA or when Avatar the Last Airbender movie race bends Firelord Ozai to be the only character of colour? Did you raise a stink when the film adaptation of Ghost in the Shell made a Japanese person into a white woman? Probably not. You just have a problem when minorities are cast as protagonists instead.
:seriously:
You're clearly missing the point here. I think that altering the stories to fit a political/ ethical/ moral standpoint is cringe and stupid. I don't know about this persia movie, nor do I care. I only have a problem when works of art becomes re-interpreted just to adhere to some crying assholes.
Who cares if a character is black or white or asian? I don't fucking care about that, why do you automatically think the worst in things? Gee golly, you should take a stroll and take a sip of a nice drink and interact with people outside of your closed off ring.