Speculations Do you think Zoro is a descendant of Ryuma?

Do you think Zoro is a descendant of Ryuma?

• Yes

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • No

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • We will never know

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters
Toko is Yasu's daughter and Yasu doesn't have pink hair.
So what? I’m saying Ushimaru having a different hair color doesn’t help the case

are you gonna say that if Ushimaru did have green hair, you wouldn’t jump on that as evidence?
Post automatically merged:

Any particular reason? You think that would negate some hype from his years long path?
@Finalbeta it doesn’t matter.

the problem is that none of that information will matter to the story so it’s waste of time to add it. I would rather no backstory than bad backstory

Ushimaru to have a different face.
@Fn Lucci

how come the theory that Ushimaru was Zoro’s father STARTS because Zoro and Ushimaru are supposed to look similar

and yet in the story you’re saying they don’t look alike

Last edited:
So what? I’m saying Ushimaru having a different hair color doesn’t help the case

are you gonna say that if Ushimaru did have green hair, you wouldn’t jump on that as evidence?

@Finalbeta it doesn’t matter.

the problem is that none of that information will matter to the story so it’s waste of time to add it. I would rather no backstory than bad backstory

@Fn Lucci

how come the theory that Ushimaru was Zoro’s father STARTS because Zoro and Ushimaru are supposed to look similar

and yet in the story you’re saying they don’t look alike
My belief in the possibility doesn't come from a suggested theory but from what I see in the manga... so there's no contradiction with a suggestion but my own guess that may be wrong or right.

In any case Oda can have it both ways. Roger and Ace actually have a sort of resemblance but it never came up. The picture of Ushimaru on wiki... I don't exactly remember the scene but I can pretty easily accept that as being Zoro's father visually. Or they can have nothing to do with each other and that wouldn't make any visual similarities weird.

most definitely.

it goes against anything the character stands for.
Zoro is about what one can achieve by strength of will and dedication.
regardless of ones heritage or destiny nonsense.

if Zoro is the descendant of Ryuma or any other special character I will drop Eugenics Piece for sure.
Yeah I also felt that, since post-TS, One Piece is all about elitist characters : characters who're said to be born as special beings, having a prophecized destiny, a world renowned lineage or otherwise characters sharing personal links with these special beings ...
It is no longer about ordinary people who dare to jump into the unknown to pursue crazy dreams without any guarantee of being able to fulfill them and without even having actual predispositions to do it (like Usopp, even though his father is a great pirate).

Usopp and Zoro went to sea for the same reasons : proving themselves of their own worth in the face of the world.
Usopp wants to show himself worthy of his parents, one of whom left to fulfill his dreams supported by his wife and the other who lived by being proud that her husband dared to live his dreams. Zoro, in my opinion, has the desire to mark the whole world of his existence, as if he has always been there. He may have purposely chosen to do it through the art of the sword after feeling this desire within him.
I'd love that Oda give more focus on this :amazing:

Last edited:
Any particular reason? You think that would negate some hype from his years long path?
I always fantasized the idea of Zoro being just from a regular no name family. With nothing like genetics, destiny, prophecy or something like that being part of the reason he is so badass. He is what he is because he wants it and is willing to do what it takes to get there. But I know we are getting farther and farther from that. But that's ok too, I guess. Zoro doesn't seem to know where he comes from, and he doesn't care. So even if some royal bloodline is revealed, he got where he is now by sheer will, so I can't say it negates the hype, but I just think it's meh

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I always fantasized the idea of Zoro being just from a regular no name family. With nothing like genetics, destiny, prophecy or something like that being part of the reason he is so badass. He is what he is because he wants it and is willing to do what it takes to get there. But I know we are getting farther and farther from that. But that's ok too, I guess. Zoro doesn't seem to know where he comes from, and he doesn't care. So even if some royal bloodline is revealed, he got where he is now by sheer will, so I can't say it negates the hype, but I just think it's meh
The only notion that would disrupt me mentally is acknowledging that Zoro inherited something special that rendered his conquest more affordable compared to a common human being, but that's about it eventually.

most definitely.

it goes against anything the character stands for.
Zoro is about what one can achieve by strength of will and dedication.
regardless of ones heritage or destiny nonsense.

if Zoro is the descendant of Ryuma or any other special character I will drop Eugenics Piece for sure.
I don't think the fact that Zoro can be a descendant of Ryuma takes away from all that Zoro has achieved. It is like saying that Luffy is only strong because he is Garp's grandson and Dragon's son, when we know that Luffy has been training since he was a child. We also have Usopp, son of a YC, who started out weak but became stronger because of his own merits, not because he is Yasopp's son. What about BM's sons and daughters? We have Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker or Perospero, very powerful people in the NW, and then Flampe, Lola or Pudding, who practically don't know how to fight. So I don't think that being someone's family makes you more or less strong. No one of Ryuma's descendants has managed to be as notorious as he was.