General & Others Do you trust Oda?

For someone who supposedly hates Oda, you sure are obsessed with him.... Like do you legit have nothing better to do with your life than hang around a forum dedicated to a series you "hate", and do nothing but talk about said series and Author? It'd be a cold day in hell before you ever caught me spending my time somewhere, discussing something I despised....
Not really
I used to love one piece too much
I just hopin that its not just me who noticing one piece falling and became so bad
And if I'm lucky japanese fans start to noticing it too and then oda just realize his mistakes after that theres a redemption arc that I wanted

I just hopin that its not just me who noticing one piece become so bad
And if I'm lucky japanese fans see it too and then oda just realize his mistakes after that theres a redemption arc that I wanted
The problem is that it didn't went bad, your illegitimate expectation just went too high.

You are expectating things in the story without the narrative background to understand what your are seeking. Like for example, I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those who are disspointed because Zoro wasn't developped during Wano. Am I wrong ?

Well, here is the thing.. Wano was NEVER meant to be a Zoro story. Wano was prepared setuped and constructed for the Kozuki family story. It was in the making since Punk Hazard!

You all jumped the bang wagon of expectation the moment you saw Sanji having an arc dedicated to himself, but guys.. you completely forgot to take into account the fact that this arc was setup and prepared for 18 YEARS. Because of characterisation and lore dump during the story.

Zoro NEVER had this much characterization, he had a few, but that will most likely only come at the end of the story. Again, Zoro and Sanji are NOT equal in term of characterization.

So as I said.. you all expected something to come in Wano.. but for illegitimate reason.. so your are dissapointed.. but the culprit is not Oda, it's guys like YOU. You keep listening to bad youtuber, poor analyst and reactors who don't know a single thing about story crafting.

It's okay to expect something, but that thing need to be setup first. EVEN I wasn't in full expectation of Carrot joining, I still had a part of odubt until the very end because her setup could be explained in a few different ways! And you repeated that.. with Yamato (no setup), with Luffy, with Lucci etc. You keep trapping yourself in your own illegitimate expectations and you are the only one to blame for that.

THe quality of the story didn't change in fact the quality is still ablazed. But you guys are completely unable to see that because you are focused on things that you wanted to happen that never did.

I should be the one blaming Oda for not making Carrot join and look at me, I'm his biggest defender here.

One Piece is not perfection, there are a few problems with it:

- A few problems of situation choices
- A few narrative mistakes here and there
- The sexualization of women
- The representation of women
- Sanji's bad behavior with women
- The representation of transpeople
- Some facilities in term of narrations

But overall, all of that doesn't negate in ANYWAY the narrative masterpiece that is One Piece still today.