General & Others Do you trust Oda?

Trust? I mean, I guess to some extent. He'll probable continue to deliver in some aspects and disappoint and others. But stuff like what the One Piece is and other significant reveals were probably decided well in advance so if it sucks, it sucks and isn't really a matter of some sudden or progressive decline. I kinda expect longer arcs to have questionable pacing at this point but the shorter ones are surprisingly handled well considering things don't drag unnecessarily and I'm sure with lore reveals, they'll continue to please some and leave others unsatisfied.

Overall, I have some trust in Oda to deliver in some aspects of the story but he's disappointed before so I don't expect everything to be amazing. These threads are getting kind of repetitive though, no offense. Not much engaging or thought-provoking, just "OP sucks post #n". Getting specific in your disappointments atleast allows others to agree or disagree even if a lot is subjective but this is just sorta there.

Trust? I mean, I guess to some extent. He'll probable continue to deliver in some aspects and disappoint and others. But stuff like what the One Piece is and other significant reveals were probably decided well in advance so if it sucks, it sucks and isn't really a matter of some sudden or progressive decline. I kinda expect longer arcs to have questionable pacing at this point but the shorter ones are surprisingly handled well considering things don't drag unnecessarily and I'm sure with lore reveals, they'll continue to please some and leave others unsatisfied.

Overall, I have some trust in Oda to deliver in some aspects of the story but he's disappointed before so I don't expect everything to be amazing. These threads are getting kind of repetitive though, no offense. Not much engaging or thought-provoking, just "OP sucks post #n". Getting specific in your disappointments atleast allows others to agree or disagree even if a lot is subjective but this is just sorta there.
I couldn't agree more
glad you ask
so this is my reason
I find One Piece to be the greatest series... it makes you feel involved and interested like no other series does
God knows how much I love One Piece and how much I think Oda is a genius for creating all of this
But this is too underwhelming... Oda is a meme now

It's not like when people rant because they don't like something which doesn't please them or doesn't fit their agenda or whatever
I loved Zoro getting Adv CoC like Luffy, I loved Roof Piece with the five Supernovas fighting an epic battle.
Everyone liked something of this arc of course, depending on his tastes, preferences, agendas and what not

But the cringe shit weights too much more than anything... there's so much awful writing that I hope to never ever see this fuckery again, I am so happy it finally ended

Wano was maybe the most awaited arc in the series... and it was SO underwhelming
Frankly, Wano Arc was bad and Wano Post Saga was dogshit... there's more cringe, awful writing and wasted chapters in this arc that in the entire series!

You think WCI, Dressrosa, Fishman Island and Punk Hazard were bad? They are gold compared to Wano and platinum compared to Post Wano

You think this is a meme? This (sadly) is a perfect summary of most content of the arc...

Enjoy Oda's "wonderful" writing of Wano Arc...

Yamato (I'll join you!) (I'll join you!) (I'll join you!) Nah...I don't feel like I am joining you
I absolutely dislike Yamato as a character, but come on, the way she was developed even I felt that she had to join

Through the series (especially Enies Lobby and Fishman Island) Oda established the concept that it's not right to hate people and take revenge on them because of their ancestors or for general racism/discrimination...
Then he states that Kurozumi are born to being killed, because they are evil inside, conveniently forgetting that in the past they were discriminated and tortured and even killed just for the lulz
On the other side Wano people are good even if they discriminated Kurozumi and even tortured three children just because they were different...

Jack, fourth strongest in Beasts Pirates, doesn't even have a named move... but we got thousands of panels about useless Gifters and fodders

Oda wasted tens and tens of chapters with useless fodders or dynamics no one cares about...
Also Oda
Open Wano borders! Open Wano borders! Open Wano borders! OPEN THOSE FUCKING BORDER!!

Kaido, a Yonko, the WSC, the strongest opponent the main character ever fought and defeated, fell
Is he dead? Dunno
Did he survive and escape? Dunno
And funny thing is that in-verse no one seems interested in Kaido and Big Mom being dead or alive or whatever!

Oda introduces an Admiral, using King + Queen as hype tools for him, making him stomping the two weakened commanders uses said Admiral as hype tool for Shanks for that shitty movie
An Admiral that got teased with a silhouette many years ago is basically just a filler!

Greenbull (I would never come to Wano if Kaido was still here) (I am also perfectly confident to take the head of the guy who defeated Kaido)
Yeah, villain number 749592 that underestimates Luffy for the 749592th time in the series... does that make any kind of sense when Luffy has the reputation of a Yonko now?
Oda as well tries whatever cringe gag and scene he can to somewhat show Kid and Law as credible "rivals" for Luffy... at the same time gives objective proof that Luffy is as strong, if not stronger, as Kid + Law joined together, making all that effort wasted and forced*

I rather trust a fat hungry guy not eating fast food, than Loda
Post automatically merged:

What about WCI? Arguably worse than Wano even
WCI was so trash I took a 3 year break, I only came back after a friend recommended Wano he's not my friend anymore
No Lano Kuni way worse. WCI was an introduction arc of a yonko, but Lano Kuni was supposed to be the ARC in One Piece & it was literally the biggest fail