Questions & Mysteries Does Kaido have awakening?

The thing is zoans work differently compared to logia/paramecias
For example its fine if kata has awakening and BM does not because their fruits are very different
Same can be the case for logia's If kizaru have it and akainu does not, its fine because their fruits are so different - light and magma

But zoans are very similar. They all grant basic increase in strength and power. So if king has it and kaido does not it feels awkward imo.
We only believe this for zoans and assume it’s easier for them because we saw absolute trash in impel down that were awakened and can still get one shot. This is why awakening should never have be introduced.

Doflamingo stated "very rarely the fruit will affect the environment". Retcon or not, that has NOTHING to do with Zooans.

People that are expecting a transformation will very likely not get one.

Bm and Kata are both Paramecia at the end of the day. The fruit being different doesn’t determine how much easier it is to awaken lol
Yes. But still it doesn't make kata superior to BM in a sense as their devil fruits are completely different and grant drastically different abilities. Zoans are very similar thats all.

probably not , but its oda who knows
But you’re only saying this because we don’t have a panel confirming their awakening. Kaido and BM have had their fruits for so long. If we’re going off what you’re saying and it’s down to battles and fights and you’re saying that they don’t fight that much. That’s ridiculous lol. You want me to believe that Kaido and Big Mom were not getting into battles up until recently? Come on man even you know that’s not true.

But you’re only saying this because we don’t have a panel confirming their awakening. Kaido and BM have had their fruits for so long. If we’re going off what you’re saying and it’s down to battles and fights and you’re saying that they don’t fight that much. That’s ridiculous lol. You want me to believe that Kaido and Big Mom were not getting into battles up until recently
because they most likely fought fodders? even big mom herself said how long have we seen each other? which is implying yonko v yonko
top tier fights dont really happen in one piece,
come on man even you should know this

Yes. But still it doesn't make kata superior to BM in a sense as their devil fruits are completely different and grant drastically different abilities. Zoans are very similar thats all.
Yes? And every Paramecia is different, still doesn’t determine the rate at which they can get close to or awaken. That’s why the whole concept is stupid lol people are ready to believe that because zoans are all animals it’s easier or makes more sense than Paramecia just because the two that we saw were both abilities that can generate some external product.
Post automatically merged:

because they most likely fought fodders? even big mom herself said how long have we seen each other? which is implying yonko v yonko
top tier fights dont really happen in one piece,
come on man even you should know this
Them only fighting fodder......is pure assumption. Bro it’s been confirmed that Kaido has been defeated and captured in the past. He wasn’t just doing that for fun you know...

And this is only going of on your thought about it being battles that awaken fruits. Who even confirmed this? Why can’t you train and hone your own skill to awaken your fruit? You can only awaken by fighting top tiers eh?

Yes? And every Paramecia is different, still doesn’t determine the rate at which they can get close to or awaken. That’s why the whole concept is stupid lol people are ready to believe that because zoans are all animals it’s easier or makes more sense than Paramecia just because the two that we saw were both abilities that can generate some external product.
Dude what I am saying is about zoans, that is they are very similar type of fruits and if a boss doesn't have it ,It feels stupid. Thats all. I am not talking about the process and what not.

Dude what I am saying is about zoans, that is they are very similar type of fruits and if a boss doesn't have it ,It feels stupid. Thats all. I am not talking about the process and what not.
Bro I agreed with you in the first place. But what you’re ain’t about BM and Kata fruit being different and using it as reasoning for her fruit not being awakened is absurd. You’re saying it’s fine for BM fruit not to be awakened because it’s different to Katakuris fruit? Yet your point is that they’re not the same as other classes of DF whilst BM and Katas fruit are from the same class. Do you not realise how this sounds?
Post automatically merged:

Doflamingo stated "very rarely the fruit will affect the environment". Retcon or not, that has NOTHING to do with Zooans.

People that are expecting a transformation will very likely not get one.
That very rarely was immediately thrown out the window when I saw an awakened cow that Luffy could one shot. Oda fucked up. Simple.

Also he doesn’t have to transform to be awakened. It could unleash a set of abilities that are foreign to his known powers or boost his durability it’s because people saw Kata change the ground to Mochi, Doffy turn the ground to strings and regular zoans just become tanks that people’s ideas on awakening are so restricted and confined lol

Bro I agreed with you in the first place. But what you’re ain’t about BM and Kata fruit being different and using it as reasoning for her fruit not being awakened is absurd. You’re saying it’s fine for BM fruit not to be awakened because it’s different to Katakuris fruit? Yet your point is that they’re not the same as other classes of DF whilst BM and Katas fruit are from the same class. Do you not realise how this sounds?
No. Whole point of paramecias are they neither belong to zoan class or logia. They are miscellaneous . Besides I don't care if BM has awakening or not.

No. Whole point of paramecias are they neither belong to zoan class or logia. They are miscellaneous . Besides I don't care if BM has awakening or not.
I never asked if you cared. You’re saying it make sense because her fruit is different to Katakuris. I mean no disrespect when I say this but so fucking what lol?

So because Paramecia are miscellaneous it makes “more sense” for Kata to be awakened and Big Mom to not be? Come onnnnnnnnnn

:seriously:

I never asked if you cared. You’re saying it make sense because her fruit is different to Katakuris. So fucking what lol?
I am not saying it makes sense. The thing is paramecias are so differnt that even if one awakens it, it doesn't mean they are directly superior.
Zoans are very similar hence if kaido doesn't have awa. and king has it doesn't feels right.
Doesn't mean kaido has to a awakened user if other of his crew mates are. Just saying.

I am not saying it makes sense. The thing is paramecias are so differnt that even if one awakens it, it doesn't mean they are directly superior.
Zoans are very similar hence if kaido doesn't have awa. and king has it doesn't feels right.
Doesn't mean kaido has to a awakened user if other of his crew mates are. Just saying.
But that’s what I’m saying and that’s why it’s stupid. What makes Kata any better of a devil fruit user than Big Mom? If King has awakening and Kaido didn’t it would just be the exact same cycle again. Firstly we don’t even know if Kaido or Big Mom are awakened but people seem to have the misconception that it’s easier or makes more sense just because it’s a zoan. I’m not saying it means he has to but for a top tier character and a Yonko not be awakened considered their skill we’ve seen with their fruits and how long they’ve had their fruits and the battles they’ve been through to not be awakened just because is stupid. Frankly Oda is to blame. At this point they all have to be awakened or what’s the point in even introducing the concept. If trash guards at impel down can awaken but Kaido can’t but king can then we might as well throw all reasoning out of the window lol

But that’s what I’m saying and that’s why it’s stupid. What makes Kata any better of a devil fruit user than Big Mom? If King has awakening and Kaido didn’t it would just be the exact same cycle again. Firstly we don’t even know if Kaido or Big Mom are awakened but people seem to have the misconception that it’s easier or makes more sense just because it’s a zoan. I’m not saying it means he has to but for a top tier character and a Yonko not be awakened considered their skill we’ve seen with their fruits and how long they’ve had their fruits and the battles they’ve been through to not be awakened just because is stupid. Frankly Oda is to blame. At this point they all have to be awakened or what’s the point in even introducing the concept. If trash guards at impel down can awaken but Kaido can’t but king can then we might as well throw all reasoning out of the window lol
Dude what I am saying is my perception about how paramecia works to zoans.
You are right kata having awak, doesn't makes him superior to BM
But if king has awak. and kaido does not it feels weird as both of them have very similar type of devil fruits and power

Dude what I am saying is a perception about how paramecia works to zoans.
You are right kata having awak, doesn't makes him superior to BM
But if king has awak. and kaido does not it feels weird as both of them have very similar type of devil fruits and power
Of course it will feel weird because we had the exact same thing with Big Mom and Katakuri, but rank in crews doesn’t exactly determine chance of awakening either but both characters are incredibly skilled with their devil fruits yet the top tier has no confirmed awakening but it doesn’t mean she isn’t or can’t because we haven’t seen her turn the buildings or ground into souls. For all we know her being able to make homies is her awakening. I mean come on the Soul Soul fruit has nothing to do with manipulating weather but yet Big Mom does it with her abilities. We don’t necessarily need a panel saying “I am awakened” for it to be a thought in our heads to be honest. But the inconsistency with the whole thing and how random it seems and even the point at which it became a thing in the story just never sits right with me. It’s always going to be a stupid concept for me.

Of course it will feel weird because we had the exact same thing with Big Mom and Katakuri, but rank in crews doesn’t exactly determine chance of awakening either but both characters are incredibly skilled with their devil fruits yet the top tier has no confirmed awakening but it doesn’t mean she isn’t or can’t because we haven’t seen her turn the buildings or ground into souls. For all we know her being able to make homies is her awakening. I mean come on the Soul Soul fruit has nothing to do with manipulating weather but yet Big Mom does it with her abilities. We don’t necessarily need a panel saying “I am awakened” for it to be a thought in our heads to be honest. But the inconsistency with the whole thing and how random it seems and even the point at which it became a thing in the story just never sits right with me. It’s always going to be a stupid concept for me.
Yeah agreed.
What I am saying is different.

S

stealthblack

considering that luffy will beat him now for good, unlikely. oda will pretend like zoan awakening doesn't exist so luffy can ko him and kaidou not recover before marines capture him.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Well if all Mythicals can indeed bear awakening, and so it appears since there's no reason to believe they can't for some constructed reason when nothing remotely suggests so, King possessing awakening and Kaido not then would indeed feel pretty off tracking... I would call it extensively bad writing if I had to be brute, this is why I don't see it the case and Kaido should feature it.