Powers & Abilities Does Yamato Have Haoshoku?

Does Yamato Have Haoshoku?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doubt she has it, it has a lot to do with will, NOT with genetics and Yamato seems to not even have a will of her own, she keeps using Oden's name trying to fight for his ideals and not her own.
:kayneshrug:
She's fighting in a dead man's place. That is and takes will, she was moved by him and has devoted herself to his cause, if that's not Will, then nobody has Will.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Doubt she has it, it has a lot to do with will, NOT with genetics and Yamato seems to not even have a will of her own, she keeps using Oden's name trying to fight for his ideals and not her own.
:kayneshrug:
This is a complete and total misunderstanding of Yamato's character.

Yes, I can gurantee she will have it. She is Kaido's only kid and she will inherit it similar to how Katakuri inherited it from big mom or Luffy from Dragon. There is another thing going for her having it and that's her potrayal/parallel to Oden that had it and was apart of the PK crew who had 3 users (altough he wasn't a true member IMO since roger borrowed him for a year but you get the point)

I agree she has being Kaido's child going for her, and if genetics play any role (unlikely despite a throwaway comment that goes against rest of stuff we know about CoC), it'll be even more likely.

But that's literally all she has going for her.

Strong willpower isn't related to CoC. Nor is strong will and whatnot. There are so many characters who have strong will but no CoC.

It's Conqueror's haki. A haki that Kings have; a haki possessed by people that not only have an innate ability to lead, but also a very strong desire to stand above others in one way or another and there are no exceptions.

Katakuri and Rayleigh both are second in command, and KK clearly have a desire to be stronger; to stand above others and protect his loved ones, and we don't know Rayleigh's story enough to say he's a contradiction, though he IS a great leader.

As things stand, in terms of personality and who she is, Yamato is mimicking someone else- and although I like Yamato- as far as strong personalities of a conqueror go, that's fairly pathetic. She's not even get own individual a lot of the times

She is already a follower in more ways than one. She's not like Zoro with great individual desires to stand above others and leadership... She's a follower who is following someone so much that her own dreams are just extension of that person, her own identity is his, and there is more Oden in her than herself.

She can be very strong, but unless she gets her act together and shows a hint of what a CoC user is other than "is stronk. Daughter of stronk", she's in negatives as far as this haki is concerned. No where near qualified.

I mean her ambition is literally do things Oden wanted and protect Momosuke lol. That's very close to that of any Scabbard

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I agree she has being Kaido's child going for her, and if genetics play any role (unlikely despite a throwaway comment that goes against rest of stuff we know about CoC), it'll be even more likely.
Genetics empirically play a role in COC.

All other confirmed only children of Top Tiers had Haoshoku:
  • Garp & Dragon
  • Dragon & Luffy
  • Roger & Ace

Even Katakuri inherited it from Linlin.

Of the above pairs, Yamato is most analogous to Ace.

As things stand, in terms of personality and who she is, Yamato is mimicking someone else- and although I like Yamato- as far as strong personalities of a conqueror go, that's fairly pathetic. She's not even get own individual a lot of the times
Yamato has a very strong desire to be free from Kaido:

She has a very strong desire to be free:

She sought out strength:

What strong desire to rule over others did:
  • Whitebeard have?
  • Ace have?
    • At 8 years old?
  • Oden have?

She is already a follower in more ways than one. She's not like Zoro with great individual desires to stand above others and leadership... She's a follower who is following someone so much that her own dreams are just extension of that person, her own identity is his, and there is more Oden in her than herself.
I vehemently disagree with this. My gosh, this is a complete and total misinterpretation of Yamato's character.

Here's a thread explaining what Oden meant to Yamato:

She can be very strong, but unless she gets her act together and shows a hint of what a CoC user is other than "is stronk. Daughter of stronk", she's in negatives as far as this haki is concerned. No where near qualified.

I mean her ambition is literally do things Oden wanted and protect Momosuke lol. That's very close to that of any Scabbard
No, her ambition is to be free: