Drizzy 6God Drake VS Kendrick (ALL OUT WAR Thread)

I came here to post my daily meme of you, but you just caught a big W with the latest profile post, so it's a clean slate.

Now start posting some good hip hop opinions and we'll get along well πŸ«‚
murda on the beat

yuh

now everybody get ur mfkin roll onnn:funky:

Post automatically merged:

Em just dropped album of the year @TheKnightOfTheSea @Jiihad
Hold your breath bro

Drizzy ain't drop yet
And I got a ear infection

Last edited:

Akai2

πŸ†‰πŸ…ΎπŸ†πŸ…Ύ πŸ†ƒπŸ…ΎπŸ…Ύ πŸ†‚πŸ†ƒπŸ†πŸ…ΎπŸ…½πŸ…Ί!
β€Ž
This conversation is making me wanna listen to Em's album, haven't willingly listened to him since he killed everyone on that song they did for Lebron like 10 years ago. Before that, probably last thing I heard was Encore? I don't remember.

When his shit came on randomly in my space the last few years this was my reaction

Codeine Em is a top 2-3 lyricist though, I hear he lost his superpowers when he got sober

Why did I spend 2 hours on a fine Saturday morning listening to a Bruce Jenner diss album? :bamathink::arnoling:

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
This conversation is making me wanna listen to Em's album, haven't willingly listened to him since he killed everyone on that song they did for Lebron like 10 years ago. Before that, probably last thing I heard was Encore? I don't remember.

When his shit came on randomly in my space the last few years this was my reaction

Codeine Em is a top 2-3 lyricist though, I hear he lost his superpowers when he got sober

Why did I spend 2 hours on a fine Saturday morning listening to a Bruce Jenner diss album? :bamathink::arnoling:
his last great project was MMLP2 11 years ago.

Music to be Murdered by side A was decent tho

Akai2

β€Ž
his last great project was MMLP2 11 years ago.

Music to be Murdered by side A was decent tho
Don't get me wrong (and you too @ZenZu cause you were hyping the album), I don't think this album was trash or even bad. The wordplay, flow, and schemes are still top tier. However, at this point, I expect more meaningful content. It felt like watching the best engineers in the world build a super complex machine just to perform a simple, everyday task. Man was playing around with schemes, flows and lyrics but really saying the most surface level shit with 3-4 exceptions

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
Haven't heard em. Check out Samurai by Lupe.
Samurai is great. I thought it was an ep tho

Don't get me wrong (and you too @ZenZu cause you were hyping the album), I don't think this album was trash or even bad. The wordplay, flow, and schemes are still top tier. However, at this point, I expect more meaningful content. It felt like watching the best engineers in the world build a super complex machine just to perform a simple, everyday task. Man was playing around with schemes, flows and lyrics but really saying the most surface level shit with 3-4 exceptions
it's possible for something to be good technically but bad musically

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
His skill is in full display while also being excellent sonically, he's not super choppy on this album.I think he did a good enough job with the concept. It's slim shady vs marshall, the conclusion is basically guilty conscious two where he kills slim shady. I hear the streets are saying if you listen to the album in reverse order it is Shady who gets Marshall, like Kendrick's DAMN, and it's tbc.

More than anything though, the songs actually sound good on their own. This album has lots of replay value to me, whereas something like Kamikaze I will never revisit.

I think this album is better than Recovery. If you're an Eminem fan it's a treat as this is an amalgamation of him throughout his career, you have sounds from pretty much his entire discography in here.

Haven't heard em. Check out Samurai by Lupe.
Lupe the goat and said Drizzy>Cuckdrick

His skill is in full display while also being excellent sonically, he's not super choppy on this album.I think he did a good enough job with the concept. It's slim shady vs marshall, the conclusion is basically guilty conscious two where he kills slim shady. I hear the streets are saying if you listen to the album in reverse order it is Shady who gets Marshall, like Kendrick's DAMN, and it's tbc.

More than anything though, the songs actually sound good on their own. This album has lots of replay value to me, whereas something like Kamikaze I will never revisit.

I think this album is better than Recovery. If you're an Eminem fan it's a treat as this is an amalgamation of him throughout his career, you have sounds from pretty much his entire discography in here.
Recovery was good

Samurai is great. I thought it was an ep tho

it's possible for something to be good technically but bad musically
Like meet the grahams vs Push Ups

Akai2

β€Ž

I definitely am more on your side than TKOTS. I didn't think it was bad musically. Shit, even if it was, those Diddy bars had me rolling so I'd forgive him lol

I just didn't think the concept/content was really relevant now. Like, who's tryna cancel Eminem in 2024 lol!?! I haven't listened to any of his post 2003 content, but I remember anytime he would come to Canada the news would be in an uproar. But that hasn't been the case in a long time. So I guess my gripe is, first time listening to him in years, and to see he's still a top top tier MC made me wish he used those skills to give me something that's more meaningful/relevant.

It's fair to say I'd get it more if I were an Eminem fan and followed his projects up until now. I did a quick search and most of his fanbase seems to like it so that's a W for me

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
@ZenZu thoughts on the Curry album?

i really like it, the singles were really good

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
I definitely am more on your side than TKOTS. I didn't think it was bad musically. Shit, even if it was, those Diddy bars had me rolling so I'd forgive him lol

I just didn't think the concept/content was really relevant now. Like, who's tryna cancel Eminem in 2024 lol!?! I haven't listened to any of his post 2003 content, but I remember anytime he would come to Canada the news would be in an uproar. But that hasn't been the case in a long time. So I guess my gripe is, first time listening to him in years, and to see he's still a top top tier MC made me wish he used those skills to give me something that's more meaningful/relevant.

It's fair to say I'd get it more if I were an Eminem fan and followed his projects up until now. I did a quick search and most of his fanbase seems to like it so that's a W for me
The concept wasn't that people are trying to cancel Eminem in 2024, the idea is everyone wanted Slim Shady/the old Eminem, so he gave them exactly what Slim Shady would be talking about in 2024. Slim Shady was trying to get Eminem cancelled in 2024. And this was Em's way of giving the fans what they want but also burying the character.

The album is brilliant, Em managed to give fans all versions of him throughout his career while maintaining a concept. I personally think this album is probably 4th in his overall discography, only SSLP, MMLP, and TES can clearly say they're better. This is clear of MMLP2.

@ZenZu thoughts on the Curry album?

i really like it, the singles were really good
I haven't gotten through the entire album yet, I'll let you know when I do.

Akai2

β€Ž
The concept wasn't that people are trying to cancel Eminem in 2024, the idea is everyone wanted Slim Shady/the old Eminem, so he gave them exactly what Slim Shady would be talking about in 2024. Slim Shady was trying to get Eminem cancelled in 2024. And this was Em's way of giving the fans what they want but also burying the character.

The album is brilliant, Em managed to give fans all versions of him throughout his career while maintaining a concept. I personally think this album is probably 4th in his overall discography, only SSLP, MMLP, and TES can clearly say they're better. This is clear of MMLP2.

I haven't gotten through the entire album yet, I'll let you know when I do.
Ok I never really registered from that angle because I haven’t been following his career arc. I might give it another listen with that concept in mind. Also, read that if you listen to it in reverse it’s actually shady who’s killing Marshall. Which would be freaking genius if he actually meant it :shocked:

will probably listen again on Saturday

Akai2

β€Ž
Not the kind of post I had in mind when I asked for a filler :kizawat:

@ZenZu As promised, I relistened with the context you gave me, and I honestly caught so many different angles/gems throughout. I think this project is really impressive, and some parts even border on genius.

I also did the back to front listen. I'm still not convinced it was intentional, it definitely unfolds as a reverse story. I hope Eminem can speak on if he intended this or not.

For the record, I haven't listened to him in like 15 years, and didn't like the random tracks I heard during that time, but no one can discredit this as trash imo (other than people who'll get triggered and miss the whole concept like I did initially lol)

Ems verse was horrible on Drakes, long and winded

- Forever n unlike Kanye didn't need to rewrite his verse after hearing Eminems

Akai2

β€Ž
Ems verse was horrible on Drakes, long and winded

- Forever n unlike Kanye didn't need to rewrite his verse after hearing Eminems
I hope they unban you from the politics thread. Your political opinions are way better than your rap opinions

I hope they unban you from the politics thread. Your political opinions are way better than your rap opinions
Trash verse. Eminems verse isn't as catchy as Drakes

Lyrical miracle rap pisses me off chz it's just rappers being musically lazy fitting words into a specific time limit.

Best rapper in lyrical miracle category is Lupe Fiasco
He can balance good sound alongside lyricism better than Eminem

Nuts they go, macadamian pisses me off idk y

LAST NAME EVER
FIRST NAME GREATEST

LIKE A SPRAINED ANKLE BOY I AINT NOTHING TO PLAY WITH

Last edited: