Drizzy 6God Drake VS Kendrick (ALL OUT WAR Thread)

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
He doesn’t sell like a top 5 artist
is that really that big of a deal? Beastie Boys and Nelly outsold a lot of the goats and i don't see anyone arguing Nelly should be top 5 lol or above Nas. Kendrick does have good sales too. He had the biggest tour in hiphop at the time in 2022 iirc.

Half of his stuff is forgettable.
is it?

you yourself admitted you can't name more than 10 Kendrick songs

Section 80 although it didn't chart well was very universally well acclaimed as a piece of western hiphop

TPAB and GKMC are two of the few 2010s albums considered classics already, the first is considered one of the greatest albums of all time

DAMN has Kendrick's biggest hits till recently and it was huge.

Mr Morale is one of the most prominent introspective albums in hiphop history

since 2011 the only Kendrick projects you could argue as being forgettable are Untitled Unmastered(which is just TPAB leftovers lol) and the Black Panther Soundtrack(one of the biggest movies of the 2010s)

do you believe, if he died today, any of his albums would go diamond?
no, but you could say that about many of the "goat" contenders. besides Kendrick doesn't have one "definite" albums the way a lot of artists do

Jiihad

Survivors Guilt
It wasn’t unified, because if it was, it wouldn’t need NLU
Didn’t he criticize Drake about making bops; seem hypocritical to copy Drake.
lol let Boa do Boa, but I also favor Drake over Kendrick. I’m not sure what the truth is, but kendrick did say he did. Drake is a different story. Never mentioned anything about messing with young girls.
Um… No lol he’s famous; he fits a type girls like; girls of all ages love him, so of course he’s going to interact with minors.
That was tha point, Drake is known for “makin” bops. He makes music specifically to chart and do good on tha radio/sales. Kendrick for tha most part doesn’t do that. Drake said “he rappin like he still tryna free tha slaves” so Kendrick did what Drake did and IMMEDIATELY made a whole anthem that Molly whipped and erased anything and will for months on end. NLU gonna be played at every BBQ/Graduation/Club etc

ALOT of celebrities are a lot of women’s types. Chris Brown is A lot of women’s types, ion remember Chris havin any allegations bout em and underage women. When Wayne had his run ion ever remember em havin any allegations with underage women(and during his height, Wayne was bigger than Drake. And EVERY woman wanted em)

Let me rank the top 5 dumbest Drake slanders from the beef real quick

5) “That’s not even the same van!!!” Uhh symbolism?

4) “He’s making fun of sexual abuse victims!!!”

3) “He lied so he lost.” **** SO DID KENDRICK

2) “Why isn’t he focusing on Kendrick?” Maybe Kendrick shouldn’t have dissed at the same time as 5 other dudes

1) “Why would he say he’s not a pedophile? That makes him look guilty!” You literally can’t win this. Don’t address it and it looks like admission by omission.
Blood really on this bih creating arguments lmao

Not that I’m following this battle but I’ve always found Drake to be unpleasant, something about him is off
Kaiser he a fraud lol

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
When Wayne had his run ion ever remember em havin any allegations with underage women(and during his height, Wayne was bigger than Drake. And EVERY woman wanted em)
https://www.reddit.com/r/lilwayne/comments/1cpjz7y
Drake should have taken notes
Post automatically merged:

Chris Brown is A lot of women’s types, ion remember Chris havin any allegations bout em and underage women
that's a bad example tho

Chris Brown is a proven domestic abuser and has at least one rape case

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
LMAO, Weezy said “fuxk nah”

Didn’t know Chris Brown had a tape kase….fuxk em. I know he beat Rihanna ahh tho(he a fuxk **** for that)
lowkey Wayne is one of the last rappers I'd expect to do something like this despite some really bad lyrics from because of his own past

actually i looked into it and the Chris Brown rape case and he was proven innocent, but he has had a lot of domestic violence accusations(and was given a restraining order) against other women. He also fought Frank Ocean

Jiihad

Survivors Guilt
lowkey Wayne is one of the last rappers I'd expect to do something like this despite some really bad lyrics from because of his own past

actually i looked into it and the Chris Brown rape case and he was proven innocent, but he has had a lot of domestic violence accusations(and was given a restraining order) against other women. He also fought Frank Ocean
Oh Chris definitely a loose cannon, buddy a powda head lol

Let me rank the top 5 dumbest Drake slanders from the beef real quick

5) “That’s not even the same van!!!” Uhh symbolism?

4) “He’s making fun of sexual abuse victims!!!”

3) “He lied so he lost.” **** SO DID KENDRICK

2) “Why isn’t he focusing on Kendrick?” Maybe Kendrick shouldn’t have dissed at the same time as 5 other dudes

1) “Why would he say he’s not a pedophile? That makes him look guilty!” You literally can’t win this. Don’t address it and it looks like admission by omission.
yeah he tried to address the allegations to clear it up, but people wasn’t satisfied. If people think for a second, why would Drake ruin his life over some under age girls, when he can get them in their prime? Doesn’t make sense.

is that really that big of a deal? Beastie Boys and Nelly outsold a lot of the goats and i don't see anyone arguing Nelly should be top 5 lol or above Nas. Kendrick does have good sales too. He had the biggest tour in hiphop at the time in 2022 iirc.

is it?

you yourself admitted you can't name more than 10 Kendrick songs

Section 80 although it didn't chart well was very universally well acclaimed as a piece of western hiphop

TPAB and GKMC are two of the few 2010s albums considered classics already, the first is considered one of the greatest albums of all time

DAMN has Kendrick's biggest hits till recently and it was huge.

Mr Morale is one of the most prominent introspective albums in hiphop history

since 2011 the only Kendrick projects you could argue as being forgettable are Untitled Unmastered(which is just TPAB leftovers lol) and the Black Panther Soundtrack(one of the biggest movies of the 2010s)

no, but you could say that about many of the "goat" contenders. besides Kendrick doesn't have one "definite" albums the way a lot of artists do
It has to be important. We don’t call someone the King unless the number back it up. I understand there’s exceptions to the rule, as I think Nas qualifies as a contender, but at the same time, how well you sell, matters. They’re many talented artist that are critically acclaimed, but if you can’t convince people to buy your work, I have to question your validity as one of the “goats”
I don’t see that either, but Nelly has an argument. Had a great time at one of his concerts.

There’s less than ten songs I liked enough to remember that isn’t a feature.

To pimp a butterfly, Good Kid maad city, and Damn are albums I liked. Haven’t checked out Mr. Morale yet, the rest I don’t care for.

thanks for being honest; but that tells you of his impact. He’s a big fish in a small pond.

That was tha point, Drake is known for “makin” bops. He makes music specifically to chart and do good on tha radio/sales. Kendrick for tha most part doesn’t do that. Drake said “he rappin like he still tryna free tha slaves” so Kendrick did what Drake did and IMMEDIATELY made a whole anthem that Molly whipped and erased anything and will for months on end. NLU gonna be played at every BBQ/Graduation/Club etc

ALOT of celebrities are a lot of women’s types. Chris Brown is A lot of women’s types, ion remember Chris havin any allegations bout em and underage women. When Wayne had his run ion ever remember em havin any allegations with underage women(and during his height, Wayne was bigger than Drake. And EVERY woman wanted em)

Blood really on this bih creating arguments lmao

Kaiser he a fraud lol
And it probably going to be his greatest hit; gotta thank Drake for that.

ok so how it strange for Drake lol

Last edited:

Jiihad

Survivors Guilt
If people think for a second, why would Drake ruin his life over some under age girls, when he can get them in their prime? Doesn’t make sense.
Oh you mean like R Kelly……not to mention what you just described is heinously kreepy my ****. So Drake been wanted this girl but instead he’s gonna wait till they hit a good age…..

NLU is at 450m streams right now….Humble has 2.3 B streams lol. And NLU is tha 22nd most streamed Kendrick song. It’s gotta long way to go. NLU kould prolly be his biggest single, point being Kendrick BEEN had hit songs and was doing numbas WAY before Drake

Kause, Brown is a R&B singer and would by nature have far far more women and by extension younger women at his shows etc piece of shit he maybe. Don’t remember him having suspicious shit with him and underage girls. Same with Wayne, hell @TheKnightOfTheSea posted a video if Wayne bringin a girl on stage and when he heard how old she was, immediately said “nope, put her baxk”. Drake went on bout how thick and curvy a 17 was and how he ain’t tryna go to jail yet…..

yeah he tried to address the allegations to clear it up, but people wasn’t satisfied. If people think for a second, why would Drake ruin his life over some under age girls, when he can get them in their prime? Doesn’t make sense.

It has to be important. We don’t call someone the King unless the number back it up. I understand there’s exceptions to the rule, as I think Nas qualifies as a contender, but at the same time, how well you sell, matters. They’re many talented artist that are critically acclaimed, but if you can’t convince people to buy your work, I have to question your validity as one of the “goats”
I don’t see that either, but Nelly has an argument. Had a great time at one of his concerts.

There’s less than ten songs I liked enough to remember that isn’t a feature.

To pimp a butterfly, Good Kid maad city, and Damn are albums I liked. Haven’t checked out Mr. Morale yet, the rest I don’t care for.

thanks for being honest; but that tells you of his impact. He’s a big fish in a small pond.

women(and during his height, Wayne was bigger than Drake. And EVERY woman wanted em

Tbh I think Wayne got surpassed recently with Scorpion by Drake

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Oh Chris definitely a loose cannon, buddy a powda head lol
his quavo diss was nasty.

lowkey i'm surprised he hasn't been sent to jail or shot

e don’t call someone the King unless the number back it up. I understand there’s exceptions to the rule, as I think Nas qualifies as a contender, but at the same time, how well you sell, matters.
They’re many talented artist that are critically acclaimed, but if you can’t convince people to buy your work, I have to question your validity as one of the “goats”
That's fair.

Nah no disrespect to Nelly but he's not a goat contender. If we're taking into account sales + influence + music quality the candidates are Nas, Jay, Em, Andre, Pac, Wayne, Kendrick, even Kanye etc etc. I'd have Drake above him overall on a "goat" list.

Section.80 is a really solid project. A lot of Kendrick's more unique tracks. Mr Morale has pretty much no bops but it's a pretty unique mainstream rap album

I could see a Kendrick's greatest hits album going diamond if it's released around the same time as his death, but he really doesn't have a definite "number 1" in his discography

his quavo diss was nasty.

lowkey i'm surprised he hasn't been sent to jail or shot

That's fair.

Nah no disrespect to Nelly but he's not a goat contender. If we're taking into account sales + influence + music quality the candidates are Nas, Jay, Em, Andre, Pac, Wayne, Kendrick, even Kanye etc etc. I'd have Drake above him overall on a "goat" list.

Section.80 is a really solid project. A lot of Kendrick's more unique tracks. Mr Morale has pretty much no bops but it's a pretty unique mainstream rap album

I could see a Kendrick's greatest hits album going diamond if it's released around the same time as his death, but he really doesn't have a definite "number 1" in his discography
ADHD

Drake is overrated as fuck
Nah that's Cuckdrick

"I'm not gonna lie this shit was some good exercise, like, It's good to get out, get the pen working"
This is what would happen to big glasses 5'5" Kenny in a street fight vs Drake

I’m not convinced Kendrick should be one just yet. As of right now I would put Nelly over Kendrick. lol hot take, but he was huge (during the peak era) when he came out. His pen overall is not at Kendrick level, but he checks most boxes.

Personally I have Nelly, Drake, Kendrick a tier below on the list.

I will go back and check out Kendrick whole discography to have a more accurate assessment.

Yeah that probably has the best chance, but it still be struggle. I agree, the ones I liked doesn’t really separate themselves from the pack.

Last edited:

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Yea but other than his beating Rihanna ahh. He doesn’t really do legally outlandish shit iirc
yeah but he's constantly picking fights with people.

he fought Drake, Frank Ocean and locked up his manager in a room once.

I’m not convinced Kendrick should be one just yet. As of right now I would put Nelly over Kendrick. lol hot take, but he was huge (during the peak era) when he came out. His pen overall is not at Kendrick level, but he checks most boxes.

Personally I have Nelly, Drake, Kendrick a tier below on the list.

I will go back and check out Kendrick whole discography to have a more accurate assessment.

Yeah that probably has the best chance, but it still be struggle. I agree, the ones I liked doesn’t really separate themselves from the pack.
yeah that's fair.

I see Kendrick's career as still having 2-3 "big albums" left. Maybe his next projects are trash or they're amazing and solidify him as the GOAT.

yeah but he's constantly picking fights with people.

he fought Drake, Frank Ocean and locked up his manager in a room once.

yeah that's fair.

I see Kendrick's career as still having 2-3 "big albums" left. Maybe his next projects are trash or they're amazing and solidify him as the GOAT.
Yeah if his future albums are fire and sell millions, I’m not going to question it