Questions & Mysteries Drums of Liberation - Return of the captain!

What happened to Luffy?

• Joyboy took over.

• Their minds co-exist.

• Luffy will fight him off/make him submit.

• There is no Joyboy's will in Luffy's body.

Results are only viewable after voting.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Alright, let's get this theory out before anyone else comes up with it. @Punpun

Let's start with Kaido's words - Death is what complete's a person!

I always thought he meant the way a person leaves the world of the living is what makes their story complete/shows what they truly are.
However, thanks to the recent development that we all just witnessed, it hits entirely different. Oda is known for his double/triple meanings...
Luffy has died and has become complete. Or that's what Kaido's statement implies, looking back at its possible 2nd meaning...
However, in Luffy's case, something weird is going on.

We clearly saw the confirmation that Luffy died - Momonosuke and Law confirmed that his voice extinguished.
Only for the voice that hasn't been heard in 800 years to be heard again!
Basically, Luffy died for Joyboy to be born. Luffy's death made Joyboy complete. Death gave birth, it liberated the Lurking Legend!

There are plenty of problems here though.
Oda cannot kill off Luffy's personality but Zunisha's words clearly tell that what returned isn't Luffy's voice but Joyboy's.
Joyboy is an ancient figure, he isn't Luffy so how comes he is right here, right now??

Well, that's what I am trying to make sense of here.
Joyboy may have taken Luffy's body over but this cannot mean the end for Luffy himself.

His personality is still there, somehow.
What I am unsure of is whether Joyboy has complete control now, or is he coexisting with Luffy or are they fighting for control...
We will see that part soon enough!

The point of it all is that the voice is definitely a different person, not Luffy himself.
How is that possible?
Well, according to Kaido's words, Joyboy is something that you can become but - is that really true?
Why didn't anyone become Joyboy in the last 800 years? Because of Oda? Or...?

I suspect that Joyboy was either sealed inside the Devil's Fruit or Joyboy's will was imprinted onto the fruit and now it re-emerged.
We all know about the underlying theme of One Piece about inherited will...
Luffy had a strong will to live and Joyboy could never take over but now Luffy died or got as close as possible to death, for an MC that ain't done yet.
It is not that odd that someone else's will is inside other things, we already saw it with Mera no Mi and Ace talking to Sabo!

We also saw it through swords having a personality and there is still the mystery of what Black Blades truly are!
There is also the fact that Zoro's new sword, Enma, never misbehaved in Oden's hands. The way it behaved in Oden's hands and the way it does in Zoro's are completely different. The swordsmith Kozaburo Shimotsuki told us that it is his greatest creation and that it had a hell of a temper but what we are all missing is that Enma in Oden's hands and Enma in Zoro's hands are no longer the same!

The Enma we see now has the imprint of Oden's will - it reacts to the sounds of Shamisen, his favorite song played by his own daughter!
That is not the sword Kozaburo created, that is what Enma became!
That tells us that every sword that belonged to someone else could have their will imprinted in it.
The editor's note of chapter 955 when Zoro obtained Enma - Inherited Will!

The, now closed, "cursed swords" door is re-opened! If the will imprinted in the swords cannot be satisfied, the swords will be the end of the user!
Oden's will was to free Wano and slay both Shogun and the Emperor who dug their claws in it.
One sword to slay Orochi, the other to slay Kaido. One found its way into Zoro's hands, the other will appear in the hands of whoever kills Orochi!

Remember that Zoro wants to go to Ryuma's grave after everything is finished?!
Well, Shusui itself is a hard drive or Ryuma's consciousness.
Another possibility that just crossed my mind is that DF is not the storage of Joyboy's will but it is the hat itself!
Just like Joyboy returned, through the hat/DF, Ryuma could return through Shusui!
However, Zoro isnt in possession of Shusui to be taken over by Ryuma. Does that mean that he gets possessed by Oden? We'll see. I dont think so.
However, Kanjuro could have foreshadowed Oden's return but I dont see a point in the return of the one who failed to kill Kaido. It is Zoro's time.

Now that brings me to the real point of this thread - Kaido could never die so far and he isnt complete!

I have said a long time ago that the previous user of the Uo Uo no Mi was the man that disappeared 38 years ago!
Rocks D Xebec was the previous user of Kaido's fruit!
His will is imprinted into that fruit and we are about to see what Garp has foreshadowed - the double meaning behind the return of Rocks!

The return of the captain will happen when Kaido is either killed or comes as close to death as it is possible for his body.
That's the moment when captain Rocks will return! And you know what captain Rocks was? A swordsman!

Zoro has died too but there is no Joyboy to take his body over. So, what will happen to Zoro?
Usopp told us a long time ago what happens to Zoro when he dies! He ain't making it into heaven!
He is going to Hell to take his rightful throne as the king!

Joyboy will probably defeat Kaido but Zoro will kill Rocks who will awaken in Kaido's body!
The boy had to be killed, for Joyboy to live. What will happen to Zoro might be revealed in the very next chapter!
The Grim Reaper seems to have been Death itself after all and not the cousin Brook! :myman:

Btw, congrats to Kaido for killing Luffy, the dude has beaten the plot armor!
The man will go into history as the guy who did the impossible.

There ya go, folks! Let me hear what you think about these shenanigans.
High priest Kitetsu, over and out.

I always thought he meant the way a person leaves the world of the living is what makes their story complete/shows what they truly are.
However, thanks to the recent development that we all just witnessed, it hits entirely different. Oda is known for his double/triple meanings...
Luffy has died and has become complete. Or that's what Kaido's statement implies, looking back at its possible 2nd meaning...

We clearly saw the confirmation that Luffy died - Momonosuke and Law confirmed that his voice extinguished.
Basically, Luffy died for Joyboy to be born. Luffy's death made Joyboy complete. Death gave birth, it liberated the Lurking Legend!

Oda cannot kill off Luffy's personality but Zunisha's words clearly tell that what returned isn't Luffy's voice but Joyboy's.
Joyboy is an ancient figure, he isn't Luffy so how comes he is right here, right now??

Joyboy may have taken Luffy's body over but this cannot mean the end for Luffy himself.

What I am unsure of is whether Joyboy has complete control now, or is he coexisting with Luffy or are they fighting for control...

The point of it all is that the voice is definitely a different person, not Luffy himself.
How is that possible?
Well, according to Kaido's words, Joyboy is something that you can become but - is that really true?

I suspect that Joyboy was either sealed inside the Devil's Fruit or Joyboy's will was imprinted onto the fruit and now it re-emerged.
Luffy had a strong will to live and Joyboy could never take over but now Luffy died or got as close as possible to death, for an MC that ain't done yet.
It is not that odd that someone else's will is inside other things, we already saw it with Mera no Mi and Ace talking to Sabo!

We also saw it through swords having a personality and there is still the mystery of what Black Blades truly are!
There is also the fact that Zoro's new sword, Enma, never misbehaved in Oden's hands. The way it behaved in Oden's hands and the way it does in Zoro's are completely different. The swordsmith Kozaburo Shimotsuki told us that it is his greatest creation and that it had a hell of a temper but what we are all missing is that Enma in Oden's hands and Enma in Zoro's hands are no longer the same!

The Enma we see now has the imprint of Oden's will - it reacts to the sounds of Shamisen, his favorite song played by his own daughter!
That tells us that every sword that belonged to someone else could have their will imprinted in it.

The, now closed, "cursed swords" door is re-opened! If the will imprinted in the swords cannot be satisfied, the swords will be the end of the user!
Oden's will was to free Wano and slay both Shogun and the Emperor who dug their claws in it.
One sword to slay Orochi, the other to slay Kaido. One found its way into Zoro's hands, the other will appear in the hands of whoever kills Orochi!

Another possibility that just crossed my mind is that DF is not the storage of Joyboy's will but it is the hat itself!
Just like Joyboy returned, through the hat/DF, Ryuma could return through Shusui!
However, Zoro isnt in possession of Shusui to be taken over by Ryuma. Does that mean that he gets possessed by Oden? We'll see. I dont think so.
However, Kanjuro could have foreshadowed Oden's return but I dont see a point in the return of the one who failed to kill Kaido. It is Zoro's time.

Now that brings me to the real point of this thread - Kaido could never die so far and he isnt complete!

I have said a long time ago that the previous user of the Uo Uo no Mi was the man that disappeared 38 years ago!
His will is imprinted into that fruit and we are about to see what Garp has foreshadowed - the double meaning behind the return of Rocks!

The return of the captain will happen when Kaido is either killed or comes as close to death as it is possible for his body.
That's the moment when captain Rocks will return! And you know what captain Rocks was? A swordsman!

Zoro has died too but there is no Joyboy to take his body over. So, what will happen to Zoro?
Usopp told us a long time ago what happens to Zoro when he dies! He ain't making it into heaven!

Joyboy will probably defeat Kaido but Zoro will kill Rocks who will awaken in Kaido's body!
The boy had to be killed, for Joyboy to live. What will happen to Zoro might be revealed in the very next chapter!
The Grim Reaper seems to have been Death itself after all and not the cousin Brook! :myman:

Nik-san blessing us with quality yet again

How is that possible?

Great post. I get your idea i am on board to some degree. As long as its Just the Wills that surfaces not the actual Souls of the Dead taking over the bodies. Any object can "produce" personality if the users put their wills on said object.

Poneglyphs can be heard by Roger.
Merry became a spirit to help.
Zoro's swords react and misbehave.

etc etc.