Future Events Elbaf

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Just want to talk for a bit about the potential plot points we could be seeing on Elbaf. Wano isn't finishing anytime soon, but I am now starting to look ahead to seeing what Oda has planned next, given how long the plot has been leading to Wano. Elbaf's the last remaining solidly foreshadowed location before Laugh Tale- the Strawhats don't need to go to God's Valley or Lodestar or whatever, it would be nice, but it isn't essential. On the other hand, Elbaf is the longest running plot location beside Laugh Tale, we do need to there. So I'm talking about what I think we could see there

Usopp

Usopp's the obvious first pick. His interest with Elbaf started with Dorry and Broggy.

He's been fascinated by Giants, particularly Elbaf giants, every since. Usopp's ties to Elbaf is the longest running link between a character and a location we've had in One Piece. He interacts with Giants again on EL, with Oimo and Kashii inviting him to go to Elbaf with them, then in Dressrosa again after the timeskip we see Usopp again expressing his desire to go there

Now what's interesting about Usopp and Elbaf is that it's tied to his dream. He wants to be a braved man of the seas. When he sees Dorry and Broggy, he realises that's what it means to achieve his dream, to be like them.

This then leads to the next potential plot point of Elbaf:

The Red Hair Pirates

Why does Usopp want to be a brave man of the seas? Because of this

It's what his father is. So there's two things associated with Usopp's dream, his father and the Elbaf Giants. I think it would make sense, for a storytelling perspective, for Usopp to achieve his dream in Elbaf, and for both to be there. And there's another thing that supports this. We know who's crew Yasopp is on. And going into Wano, what did we see from his captain?

If Shanks and Luffy are looking to meet up soon, Elbaf seems the best place to do it, because there we can also get a meaningful Usopp and Yasopp reunion. Note that Luffy also was very impressed by Dorry and Broggy back on Little Garden- their duel that Nami thought was stupid is actually, in Luffy (and probably therefore Oda's) view, a great example of the manly romantic nature of adventure. Elbaf's a good thematic place then for Luffy and Shanks to fulfill their manly promise to each other. There's also some potential Luffy/Giant links between the Giant Strawhat on Maryjois, Saul's family being D's and the theme of Luffy's G3 gigantification abilities, to suggest that Oda is setting up that Joy Boy was a giant and Luffy is his reincarnation, but there's not much else to go on there.

Now, there isn't anything yet solidly linking Shanks and Elbaf- though I'm aware of the past theory connecting his ship design to traditional Viking ships, and I think it's a good one and on the right track. Even with just speculation, though, I think that if Elbaf is going to be linked with a Yonko, Shanks will be the one. He might not be a giant himself, but I think Oda would consider him to have similar giantish attributes of being manly and so on. We know Big Mom failed to ally with them- that doesn't mean that no other Yonko has. Kaido's obviously not done it, I doubt they'd like Blackbeard- unless Loki is a shit and is ruining the place- which is very possible. So Shanks (or WB in the past) seem very possible allies to him.

Also, if Shanks comes up there's always the chance for two other fan favourites very associated with him.

And Buggy Sama.

Anyway, next point.

The Strawhat Grand Fleet

I think Elbaf is where the Grand Fleet is going to be fulfilling this bit of foreshadowing

Now, the first reason for that is that we are guaranteed to have at least one member of the crew there- Hajrudin. Hajrudin, as we know, is from Elbaf, and wants to be the King of the Giants. Just makes sense he's going to have a big role in the Giant arc.

Also, one of his crewmates, Stansen, foreshadowed meeting up with the crew again

Note how this is framed as him talking to Usopp, again linking Usopp with the Giants.

Why I don't think the Grand Fleet will show up on Wano is that, based on what Oda said in that narrators box, the Grand Fleet are going to cause a massive incident. Cause is the main word there, it means they are going to start it. That obviously hasn't been the case in Wano. A Strawhat allied captain becoming King of the Giants could certainly be considered cause of a historic incident, and if Shanks and Elbaf are linked, well, we could have already seen the start of this particular plot thread

Hajrudin going to Elbaf to be King, Barty picking a fight with their potential main ally Shanks- that's got the ingredients for a major storm brewing with two out of the seven captains being big players. We might also see Leo take Pound in pursuit of Lola and Chiffon- Lola, as we know, having a big link to Loki. Seems likely Oda might want those two interacting at some point. Speaking of Lola, what about her mother, eh?

Big Mom

No, I'm not looking forward to her being there for a third straight arc (assuming no detours). Yes, it's going to happen though. There's just too much linking Big Mom to the place that isn't resolved. I'm not going to really dwell on this point much. I think she'll be there as her O-Lin persona and not Big Mom, and it'll be to resolve all this stuff.

Gerd will be there, Olin will be in her fairly innocent persona, and she'll get a wee bit of a happy ending with the Giants forgiving her for something that really wasn't her fault. And she'll get to have her dream f living with a load of big people. Now, speaking of big people, there's a further, last point.

Gigantification

This one, I'm not sure if it'll make its way into Elbaf, or if it's the set up for the arc. Depends on Oda. We know he's wanting to finish sooner rather than later. That's obviously not going to happen in his five year plan that he talked about, but it could see him maybe cutting corners and sticking Vegapunk's and his experiments in Elbaf. We know from Carmel's backstory up there that the Wotld Gov does have at least some links with Elbaf. Might we see Vegapunk take the kids from Punk Hazard there to try and cure them? Might that be where he's conducting some more gigantification research? Use actual Giants to try and copy their genetic marker or some such sciencey babble?

It's been a while since we've had a Smoker arc, and it could be interesting if Barty does show up with the Fleet on Elbaf and Smoker's there as well with the kids- they should know each other from Loguetown.

Either way, Oda's been bubbling this gigantification plot in the background for a while, it would make a certain narrative sense to conclude it in the land of the giants. And we can then get Vegapunk's heavy Devil Fruit exposition leading into the last war.

Anyway, that's all I've got right now.

Thoughts?

We might learn more about oars race too if we don't learn about it this arc with kaidos maybe connection

Also i would love for robin to meet someone related to saul. Itd probably be something little tho like franky meeting den or whatever his name was (tom brother)
Tho saul wasn't from elbaf so idk

Oh oh i would absolutely love for big mom to use life or death on usopp just for usopp to stand his ground and prove himself a brave warrior to 1. Himself and 2. The giants who are probably scared shitless by linlin

Very interesting read. I also think that Oda is preparing to have an Usopp who has already become a brave warrior but hasn't realized it for Elbaf. And one of those elements is that he'll probably fight "fake" giants, the Numbers (he and Usopp are apparently in their section of Onigashima right now), just like he lied to Usopp before Skypea, when he told him that he had defeated ten creatures taller than Giants.

However, I think that in Oda's view, the Numbers aren't real giants, only brutish creatures. That's why they are even taller than Giants. They lack their honor and values.

If Vegapunk at one point was central to gigantifcation. I could see his lab hidden on Elbaf for said reason, unbeknownst to the Giants. Hell, Smoker and Tashigi were heading to his lab and haven't been seen since, I almost feel like Vegapunk is next, either his own lab or on Elbaf somewhere.

As bad and ridiculous this Bege cover story was it surely means that we'll get to see a big family reunion at Elbaf with Lola and Pound being reunited with Big Mom after many years. We could also possibly see Loki trying to get Lola back or to show his jealousy over her having gotten a husband other than him.

And Big Mom has just so many unresolved issues with the giants of Elbaf, we haven't seen any onscreen interactions between her and giants in the main story and Gerd's relation to her may have been established so Oda would exploit it later.

Just want to talk for a bit about the potential plot points we could be seeing on Elbaf. Wano isn't finishing anytime soon, but I am now starting to look ahead to seeing what Oda has planned next, given how long the plot has been leading to Wano. Elbaf's the last remaining solidly foreshadowed location before Laugh Tale- the Strawhats don't need to go to God's Valley or Lodestar or whatever, it would be nice, but it isn't essential. On the other hand, Elbaf is the longest running plot location beside Laugh Tale, we do need to there. So I'm talking about what I think we could see there

Usopp

Usopp's the obvious first pick. His interest with Elbaf started with Dorry and Broggy.

He's been fascinated by Giants, particularly Elbaf giants, every since. Usopp's ties to Elbaf is the longest running link between a character and a location we've had in One Piece. He interacts with Giants again on EL, with Oimo and Kashii inviting him to go to Elbaf with them, then in Dressrosa again after the timeskip we see Usopp again expressing his desire to go there

Now what's interesting about Usopp and Elbaf is that it's tied to his dream. He wants to be a braved man of the seas. When he sees Dorry and Broggy, he realises that's what it means to achieve his dream, to be like them.

This then leads to the next potential plot point of Elbaf:

The Red Hair Pirates

Why does Usopp want to be a brave man of the seas? Because of this

It's what his father is. So there's two things associated with Usopp's dream, his father and the Elbaf Giants. I think it would make sense, for a storytelling perspective, for Usopp to achieve his dream in Elbaf, and for both to be there. And there's another thing that supports this. We know who's crew Yasopp is on. And going into Wano, what did we see from his captain?

If Shanks and Luffy are looking to meet up soon, Elbaf seems the best place to do it, because there we can also get a meaningful Usopp and Yasopp reunion. Note that Luffy also was very impressed by Dorry and Broggy back on Little Garden- their duel that Nami thought was stupid is actually, in Luffy (and probably therefore Oda's) view, a great example of the manly romantic nature of adventure. Elbaf's a good thematic place then for Luffy and Shanks to fulfill their manly promise to each other. There's also some potential Luffy/Giant links between the Giant Strawhat on Maryjois, Saul's family being D's and the theme of Luffy's G3 gigantification abilities, to suggest that Oda is setting up that Joy Boy was a giant and Luffy is his reincarnation, but there's not much else to go on there.

Now, there isn't anything yet solidly linking Shanks and Elbaf- though I'm aware of the past theory connecting his ship design to traditional Viking ships, and I think it's a good one and on the right track. Even with just speculation, though, I think that if Elbaf is going to be linked with a Yonko, Shanks will be the one. He might not be a giant himself, but I think Oda would consider him to have similar giantish attributes of being manly and so on. We know Big Mom failed to ally with them- that doesn't mean that no other Yonko has. Kaido's obviously not done it, I doubt they'd like Blackbeard- unless Loki is a shit and is ruining the place- which is very possible. So Shanks (or WB in the past) seem very possible allies to him.

Also, if Shanks comes up there's always the chance for two other fan favourites very associated with him.

And Buggy Sama.

Anyway, next point.

The Strawhat Grand Fleet

I think Elbaf is where the Grand Fleet is going to be fulfilling this bit of foreshadowing

Now, the first reason for that is that we are guaranteed to have at least one member of the crew there- Hajrudin. Hajrudin, as we know, is from Elbaf, and wants to be the King of the Giants. Just makes sense he's going to have a big role in the Giant arc.

Also, one of his crewmates, Stansen, foreshadowed meeting up with the crew again

Note how this is framed as him talking to Usopp, again linking Usopp with the Giants.

Why I don't think the Grand Fleet will show up on Wano is that, based on what Oda said in that narrators box, the Grand Fleet are going to cause a massive incident. Cause is the main word there, it means they are going to start it. That obviously hasn't been the case in Wano. A Strawhat allied captain becoming King of the Giants could certainly be considered cause of a historic incident, and if Shanks and Elbaf are linked, well, we could have already seen the start of this particular plot thread

Hajrudin going to Elbaf to be King, Barty picking a fight with their potential main ally Shanks- that's got the ingredients for a major storm brewing with two out of the seven captains being big players. We might also see Leo take Pound in pursuit of Lola and Chiffon- Lola, as we know, having a big link to Loki. Seems likely Oda might want those two interacting at some point. Speaking of Lola, what about her mother, eh?

Big Mom

No, I'm not looking forward to her being there for a third straight arc (assuming no detours). Yes, it's going to happen though. There's just too much linking Big Mom to the place that isn't resolved. I'm not going to really dwell on this point much. I think she'll be there as her O-Lin persona and not Big Mom, and it'll be to resolve all this stuff.

Gerd will be there, Olin will be in her fairly innocent persona, and she'll get a wee bit of a happy ending with the Giants forgiving her for something that really wasn't her fault. And she'll get to have her dream f living with a load of big people. Now, speaking of big people, there's a further, last point.

Gigantification

This one, I'm not sure if it'll make its way into Elbaf, or if it's the set up for the arc. Depends on Oda. We know he's wanting to finish sooner rather than later. That's obviously not going to happen in his five year plan that he talked about, but it could see him maybe cutting corners and sticking Vegapunk's and his experiments in Elbaf. We know from Carmel's backstory up there that the Wotld Gov does have at least some links with Elbaf. Might we see Vegapunk take the kids from Punk Hazard there to try and cure them? Might that be where he's conducting some more gigantification research? Use actual Giants to try and copy their genetic marker or some such sciencey babble?

It's been a while since we've had a Smoker arc, and it could be interesting if Barty does show up with the Fleet on Elbaf and Smoker's there as well with the kids- they should know each other from Loguetown.

Either way, Oda's been bubbling this gigantification plot in the background for a while, it would make a certain narrative sense to conclude it in the land of the giants. And we can then get Vegapunk's heavy Devil Fruit exposition leading into the last war.

Anyway, that's all I've got right now.

Thoughts?
The SHs will fight and surpass the RHP and Mihawk at either Elbaf or Lodestar (if Oda decides to make it into an arc)

I think it will be an arc about the origin of all races, and the giant will be at the center of course, Joy Boy being a giant hint at that

it's most definitely a sky island above the big tree, maybe it's several islands in the sky linked to it, maybe even in space if the different races from there and Oda really plan for the SHs to go to space

imo BM will be the main antagonist , most characters from WCI will be there including German, Urouge should be there as well since he's from a sky island

I think Shanks will appear , but not be the at center of the confrontation, think Kuma in thriller Park type of role

So to update this with the info we’ve had since 2020. Images are gone and I can’t be bothered bringing them back.

So, big information from this chapter: Saul is alive, and he’s taken the books from Ohara to Elbaf with a group of giants. Those giants look like they are the Hajrudin and his crew, so there’s a good chance that the big incident could indeed be tied to Elbaf. And if it is, good chance for Shanks to show up, as suggested, because when we saw Shanks in his blatant “go see Film Red cameo” he said he’d be dealing with Barty and making a play for One Piece.

If Giants are taking Void Century info, it would make sense for them to have gathered the Road Poneglyph in Fishman Island. After all, it’s the easiest one to get, and they would probably feel it was safer to be guarded by them.

Vegapunk is involved with Elbaf, like I thought, but it looks like Egghead will be a bit of a buildup arc for it instead.

Big Mom actually won’t be there. At least, doesn’t look like it. However, it’s entirely possible that some of her crew will be. That’s because the Blackbeard Pirates have kidnapped Pudding for her Road Poneglyph reading ability. They might go chasing after them to rescue her. Katakuri is pretty popular after all.

Blackbeard‘s going to have three Road Poneglyphs after beating Law. His next step will be to go to Elbaf then. He may bring along Coby (which could see SWORD getting involved) and Law might still be floating around with that plot.

Kid is also likely heading to Elbaf, since Saul is almost certain to be the man marked by flames. Other users have pointed out he’s likely to get a very good reception as the killer of Big Mom.

And for a bit of a surprise, Dragon might get involved. He spoke to Saul on Ohara, and it does seem like Oda’s starting to build him up in this arc as well.

With us officially in the endgame of One Piece I think I can see Egghead being a sort of prologue to the end, a three part finale of Elbaf -> Laugh Tale -> Final War and then an epilogue.