Elden Ring

Recap of current events:
- I ran through the forbidden lands because a) I was eager to reach the mountaintop of the giants and b) when I saw who the boss was my only concern was to keep my runes in tact lol
- I blindly explored the Mountaintops. So much so that I unknowingly entered the arena for the Fire Giant... suffice it to say I lost but am I crazy or is he a pushover? I didn't try applying any sort of strategy since it was an unexpected encounter and I just wanted to see what he was about. I chipped away maybe a third of his health before he got me but I genuinely think with a more thought out approach I could deal with him with my current level?
- Castle Sol isn't that tough just a bit annoying with the phantom guards. Also tried the boss just once and basically had the same experience as with the Fire Giant except I nearly beat this dude on my first try. His summons are surprisingly easy to deal with and he himself has a simple moveset. WellGetEmNextTime.jpg
- Went back to the Lake of Rot. Made my way down to the Cloister and into the coffin towards Astel. I hate fast moving giant enemies so this will probably be a tough one for me. Any tips?
Fire Giant is basically just a huge level/stats check, a damage sponge boss that can also easily 1-2 shot you.
With enough Vigor and/or damage he's never been that difficult to me, though some attacks of his can be annoying because of the camera not being able to fully show him.
 
Alright lads, we're in the final stretch: Radagon.

A few thoughts on the previous area:
Crumbling Farum Azula is overall a decent area but it had its learning curves and some stupid developer choices.
Why would you put a Draconic Tree Sentinel right in front of the major boss area? Literally in front of the door? Honestly I just ignored him and entered the arena by running past him.
Mimic Tear made the Maliketh fight a joke. I expected to grt my ass handed to me but it took two tries (because I fell off the arena to my unfortunate death).
The Ashen capital fights - The All-Knowing boss was hell easy if a bit annoying because he healed a few times. The First Elden Lord was a lot tougher and I didn't expect him to turn into Youpi for his second phase.

I knew Radagon would come soon after but I didn't expect it to be literally immediately afterwards lol. Suffice it to say I died but mostly because I underestimated the AOE of his stomp attacks.

Now I wanna focus on Ordina. Only one beacon is left to light but it's the one next to the archers and God do I hate them. I've died countless of time and the most annoying thing is having to track back every time to the evergaol entrance. A lot of things in these games are just annoying for the sake of being annoying, nothing more.
 
Top