Current Events Establishing why Luffy will end up beating Kaido in a 1 on 1

Do you agree ?

• Total voters
I've been saying this all this time, even before Wano I said that Luffy is ought to destroy Kaido's 1v1 record.

I think that act 3 will end with the worstgen defeat, then, Luffy and his friends will escape from Anigashima. During that period of time Kaido will fully recover from his wounds from the fight against supernovas, while Luffy will use that time to train even more-and come up with something more powerful than gear 4th (maybe gear 5th). After that, act 4 will be about the raid on Anigashima and will mostly focus on the war itself, we'll see Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen, Jinbe vs Jack, Flying six vs strowhats etc. While act 5 will be mostly about Luffy vs Kaido. I believe that act 5 will be 'Luffy vs Kaido', with Luffy revealing his new gear 5th in act 5.
In a arc that is already so long, it seems unlikely that the author would elect to setup 1v1 match ups for a dozen characters and then rearrange them. At this point there is so much going on, with so many different characters, having a complete reset of the raid would require stretching the arc out at least another year. At which point I think there will be more fatigue than excitement for Kaido vs Luffy: III. Also giving Luffy a third (and arguably unearned) plot necessitated power up at this point would make the ultimate victory less convincing than having just kept the power differential more ambiguous throughout the arc.
Post automatically merged:

I've been saying this all this time, even before Wano I said that Luffy is ought to destroy Kaido's 1v1 record.

I think that act 3 will end with the worstgen defeat, then, Luffy and his friends will escape from Anigashima. During that period of time Kaido will fully recover from his wounds from the fight against supernovas, while Luffy will use that time to train even more-and come up with something more powerful than gear 4th (maybe gear 5th). After that, act 4 will be about the raid on Anigashima and will mostly focus on the war itself, we'll see Zoro vs King, Sanji vs Queen, Jinbe vs Jack, Flying six vs strowhats etc. While act 5 will be mostly about Luffy vs Kaido. I believe that act 5 will be 'Luffy vs Kaido', with Luffy revealing his new gear 5th in act 5.
Also if there five arcs one would expect that Act 5 will be a wrap up of character arcs, along with the post-victory festivities. The way you have it, act 5 is essentially a repeat of act 3.

Also why would Luffy escape? If he's defeated, it doesn't make sense that he would be able to run away and then train in order to unlock another power up while the victor (who just expressed his intent to kill a defeated Luffy) is recovering. It would be odd to have the main villain resting and the main character training at a point when the battle is at its climax.

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
Anything can happen except eclipsing the protagonist. Luffy is the mc now and forever.
It doesn't have to be an eclipse in the first place. And it can very well be one arc long.

Since you are wearing a Recoome avatar I presume you are most probably into Dragon Ball, so you would most likely know about the Cell Saga and what occurred. Even at that time no one had truly expected Gohan to save the world.

I can see it being a 1v1 from here on out since Luffy told Law he'll handle this but the idea of Luffy getting a bit of help isn't completely irrational. I think at this point, Luffy dealing with Kaido on his own is the most likely. I would've liked Law to stay but Luffy straight--up asked him to go down and it seems he did and Kid and Killer are dealing with Big Mom for now so we'll see.

Yamato made the same proclamations of fighting Kaido like Sanji did, and look what happened. Let's wait before we assume we know her role

Not saying they won't interact (that much is likely), but it doesn't mean she will play a fundamental role in defeating him. Again it's a question of if, not when.
She is going to fight Kaido. Its obvious thats her entire plot line