Chapter Discussion Every new chapter proves more and more that Haki > Swordsmanship

How is he wrong though ?
For the old era Roger, Garp, WB, sengoku are class on their own. Mihawk himself said during marine does “I want to measure the true distance between us and that man” that man meaning WB and he meant the distance/difference in their strength.
a old WB and old Garp are still kicking the youngsters asses.
I like Mihawk too, but you have to be realistic. At best he is equal to Shanks maybe slightly stronger and definitely below Roger, prime WB and Prime Garp.
That’s how he is wrong
Post automatically merged:

Your Haki needs to be strong enough to weld Black Blade. Roger wasn't strong enough and is overated as hell. He had to kneel for WB's help who never cared about the One Piece and the fact that era was weak.

Wano and Elbaf haven't been touched for centuries only because the WG were afraid of certain invidivuals who happen to possess black blade (not confirmed in Elbaf but I believe it considering their reputation is the same as Ryuma's Wano). Can you say the same about the likes of Joyboy (lost to Imu), Roger (chased around alongside with his offspring) and Whitebeard (disrespected in Marineford)? Nope.
Wano is impenetrable and they said Wano has an unknown force. Why would they attack a country that is isolated and not meddling with the WG? No reason. There only 2 known blackblade creators Mihawk and Ryuma. Also I don’t remember in which sbs or data book Oda stated, but I know he said “to create a black blade Haki and something else… is needed”. Meaning Haki is not everything.

Elbaf is made entirely out of Giants the average giant is between rear admiral and vice admiral level. While the average human is fodder level. Of course the WG will not attack them. How many top tiers do they have, though? How many giants have been yonkous or Admirals or pirate kings or fleet admirals? 0 so far.

Last edited:
For the old era Roger, Garp, WB, sengoku are class on their own. Mihawk himself said during marine does “I want to measure the true distance between us and that man” that man meaning WB and he meant the distance/difference in their strength.
a old WB and old Garp are still kicking the youngsters asses.
I like Mihawk too, but you have to be realistic. At best he is equal to Shanks maybe slightly stronger and definitely below Roger, prime WB and Prime Garp.
That’s how he is wrong
That's your own interpretation of the story and the events that took place in MF.
When Mihawk threw a nameless slash, he got stopped by a diamond guy, and as a reminder, diamond is considered the toughest material irl and in One Piece.
Mihawk's sentence can be interpreted in many different ways and the fact that he lost interest immediately after one single slash shows that WB was too weak to interest the WSS who, during his intro, was able to tell the strength of someone pretty quickly.
The manga also keeps repeating that Yonko isn't an individual strength title, you can't be considered Yonko if you are alone even if you are the strongest by far.
Yonko are considered the strongest pirates as a crew and it has been repeated at least three times that in order to reach a Yonko, you need to go through his crewmembers first (reread WCI, it is explicetely stated).
In conclusion MF WB was relatively weak and the proof is the fact that the admirals were owning him left and right.
You are the one not being realistic here; each generation surpasses the one before, as it should be, so Shanks is at worst on Roger level (probably stronger) and since Mihawk is automatically stronger than Shanks so... unless you think that the mid gen (Shanks, Mihawk, the admirals etc...
This thought that consists of saying Roger was stronger than anyone ever is flawed and doesn't make sense since BM, WB, Garp or even Shiki didn't consider Roger stronger than them.

That's your own interpretation of the story and the events that took place in MF.
When Mihawk threw a nameless slash, he got stopped by a diamond guy, and as a reminder, diamond is considered the toughest material irl and in One Piece.
Mihawk's sentence can be interpreted in many different ways and the fact that he lost interest immediately after one single slash shows that WB was too weak to interest the WSS who, during his intro, was able to tell the strength of someone pretty quickly.
The manga also keeps repeating that Yonko isn't an individual strength title, you can't be considered Yonko if you are alone even if you are the strongest by far.
Yonko are considered the strongest pirates as a crew and it has been repeated at least three times that in order to reach a Yonko, you need to go through his crewmembers first (reread WCI, it is explicetely stated).
In conclusion MF WB was relatively weak and the proof is the fact that the admirals were owning him left and right.
You are the one not being realistic here; each generation surpasses the one before, as it should be, so Shanks is at worst on Roger level (probably stronger) and since Mihawk is automatically stronger than Shanks so... unless you think that the mid gen (Shanks, Mihawk, the admirals etc...
This thought that consists of saying Roger was stronger than anyone ever is flawed and doesn't make sense since BM, WB, Garp or even Shiki didn't consider Roger stronger than them.
And that is your interpretation.
to me Mihawk couldn’t even get past the 3rd commander of a yonkou and got stopped later by the 5th. Mihawk isn’t even in the top 10 right now.
if every generation surpasses the previous one why isn’t anyone even close to Joyboy.
And by the way the toughest material in one piece are ponepglyphs and Thant followed by diamonds and Kairoseki who are just as hard as diamonds.
In real life Diamonds are the hardest material but not the toughest, as they melt at 805 degree Celsius which quite low compared to some other materials like tungstean that endures temperatures of over 3000 degrees.