Future Events (Evil) Sanji vs Zoro: The longest-awaited face off

Is Evil Sanji vs Zoro happening on Elbaf?

• Total voters

Warland. Elbaf. The perfect place for Sanji vs Zoro.
No need for a long and tedious thread, everyone knows the deal. Even though their rivalry started the very moment they interacted, Little Garden really fleshed out their relationship. The parallel between Sanji-Zoro and Dorry-Brogy is obvious

When the genetic modification started to take effect on Onigashima, Sanji was horrified by the possibility of turning into a heartless monster, especially after "hurting" O-Some. He was so afraid he destroyed the RS and asked Zoro to kill him if he were to lose his mind. Zoro accepted.

The problem with this storyline is that we discovered at the end of Queen's fight that there was nothing wrong with Sanji. He developed an exoskeleton but he didn't attack O-Some. He was the same old Sanji too mentally distressed to notice what was happening around him.

The RS canister was shattered for no reason, asking for Zoro's help meaningless. The tingling stopped by itself. So why did CL²²Oda started this "Sanji is losing his mind" plotline? Where is the Vinsmoke's heart of Ice?

I doubt this Evil Sanji thread left hanging in front of us will not be explored. Someone even mentioned he already seems more ruthless when his exoskeleton is on, but I'm not completely convinced by that. Nami is just that important to him :sweat:

So we have the perfect scenario for Sanji vs Zoro: the perfect location, Elbaf, as a parallel to Little Garden; the perfect motive, Sanji asked Zoro to stop him; an hanging plotline, Evil Sanji, started for no reason at all and ended abruptly that lead to the destruction of the RS.

Why should the transformation start over? A few ideas:
  • a strong emotion, such as Nami being hurt;
  • interacting with a lunarian/seraphim, if King was the reason the tingling started the first time;
  • the RS coming back, if Franky managed to save it and he decided to work on it in secret alongside Usopp. The RS redesign is another seemingly discarded plotline
This deserves its own thread. I'll keep it brief :brootea::perocry:

Sanji noticed Queen's technology and wanted to gift it to Franky. He then severed Queen's robotic arm. The severed arm should be quite close to the shattered RS canister. If Sanji told Franky how to reach that arm, he might have also found what was left of the RS. To redesign it :lawbepo:

Who is going to win, Evil Sanji or Zoro? Will Sanji learn how to control himself by using CoC for the first time?

OK, it turned into a long and tedious thread. There should have been a section on Evil Sanji the swordsman, the sword on his back in the Elbaf outfit and this image should suffice for now

It took me forever. Never again, I swear :emohiyo:

He must also declare his name :BigW:

OK, time to stop. Bye :endthis:

Oda has made time for so much side shit, and he clearly enjoys writing for Sanji, so perhaps we'll get to see him turn a bit.

I'd like to see it begin through Sanji gradually and unconsciously losing his filter, saying dark shit, but without it being played off for laughs like Robin.

I don't think we're going to Sanji turning or even struggling with that. That said, if he does, he may fight Zoro for a time, but I think it'll be Luffy beating sense into him.

If Sanji after not picking up and using a sword for over a decade decides to engage Zoro in a sword fight?

That aint EVIL Sanji.

That is brain dead Sanji.

:sanjimeh:

Like, I wont even engage with the idea that the guy who uses kicks as his main combat style is all of a sudden gonna be a master swordsman because his abusive dad "taught him how to use one" more than a decade ago.

If Sanji after not picking up and using a sword for over a decade decides to engage Zoro in a sword fight?
It's Oda.

I don't think this fight happens, but if it does, Sanji using a sword and being good enough to be competitive without explanation wouldn't be surprising at all.

Just weeks ago, Luffy struggled to defeat Doflamingo. Now he would beat the dog shit out of him in base. One Piece is not a battle manga, it does not care about justifying the strength of characters. The plot is the justification.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman

That aint EVIL Sanji.

That is brain dead Sanji.

:sanjimeh:

Like, I wont even engage with the idea that the guy who uses kicks as his main combat style is all of a sudden gonna be a master swordsman because his abusive dad "taught him how to use one" more than a decade ago.
Which doesn't make sense cause judge called him a failure meaning he was shit at it

Evilji hype
:finally:
It would be a cool little garden call back thinking about it

Plus if the drunk hallucination theory is right it could also be a whiskey peak call back in a way. With instead of fighting luffy zoro has to fight sanji
Sanji being way to drunk and not in the right mindset could be the perfect chance for the germa genes to act up and temporarily take over