General Feedback & suggestions

Do you agree with promoting Off-site Mafia Games?

• Total voters

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Just saying that if people dont like post caps in mafia games then simply dont sign up.
Many people around different communities vouch for post cap games because they are so much easier to play. Its more fair to everyone.

As for myself...I will have alot of future games with a maximum post cap, except the 30+ player SRMs will run normally. But expect me to introduce post caps in my normal RMs or Light Games in future, and if one doesnt like it, simply dont sign up.

D

Dragomir

I asked this in the general but really did t get an answer what's the point of rational behind removing leaderboard/stat tracking?
It's simply a whole lot of work and I was the only person doing it. Now, I don't wanna do it anymore.

@Finalbeta it perplexes me why you continue to advocate for a posting restriction or removing the post count when every time you do, you get bodied. It should be made clear to you by now that any such rule will never happen. If you don't like the excessive fluffing or spam, that's fine. That's your own preference, nobody's forcing you to play mafia here. You're free to pack your bags and play on any other mafia site that you aren't banned from.

My opinion about post caps is that they can serve their purpose well in very specific situations (such as mafia champs) but generally, they're terrible. I wouldn't implement one in my game (at least not one as an all-purpose rule for players to follow. An ability or mechanic is a different matter). I will always encourage activity in my games. If another host wants a post cap in their games, that's their choice. I wouldn't recommend it though.

With that being said, a post cap isn't going to be implemented as a section-wide rule. Ever. So, Beta, drop it and move on.
This isn't just about my preferences though :choppawhat:

It's literally about the forum rules which suggest that spam should be contrasted. Having people post 1000s in a single game spread across 10 days of period of time with specifically many of those posts constituting chains of one liners that could have been avoided if put in one single post (which is entirely the issue) isn't a behaviour that should be accepted in any serious forum board.

I'm fully aware that I'm personally not the best example of anti spam conduct, but that doesn't change the objective point I'm making here.

I'm not the one who makes the rules so it's not up to me to decide but suggesting is different.

Regardless my job was to make suggestions since this is what the thread is about, so I can dip.

There are multiple faces to that suggestion.

A) Bias and new players. Bias can be created with non vocal agreement. It is visible to everyone.
Imagine you are a professional player and you act rational against a LHF or a new player, and suddenly you gather likes and fool newbies into getting credibility. On one side the liked person will feel empowerment through likes while having the momentuum to fool people. If you pay attention, this sort of favourism and empowerment-bias occurs regularily.

B) Non vocal agreement hurts games in general because alot of likers wont bother to comment and vocally agree/disagree, as a result many conversations and exchanges end up poorly traded.

I observed this section enough to know what kind of changes are needed to atleast bring back a bit of civillization back in here.

Not all 3 points have to be manifested but it would be a step in the right direction if one of my suggestions would find approval.
I think u have a point with the 'likes', but i dont see them getting turned off here tbh.
I wouldn't be surprised if theres ppl who get swayed or manipulated by it if someone uses them to get ppl on their side. One could say its part of the game we play, manipulating someone is at the end of the day part of it, whether its a townie trying to lynch scum, or scum trying to make convincing arguments to mislynch someone outside of their team.

What about turning post count off? That might decrease the spam in this section and allow users who can't afford read it finally catch up with games and be able to play them.

And besides this section's spam isn't so different from the Ground Floor's, I suggest worst case you should abilitate post count everywhere at that stage. Or at least remove from here.
If you guys disabled post count in here I feel like I would play a trial game to see if I was right in my prediction.

You have nothing to lose to make this trial period with no post counting in here and see if anything changes even slightly and regardless what's the point of having the Ground Floor disabled when the spam is comparable? Isn't the point to disable post counts in a section to not count the excessive spam? This isn't about my personal desires man, just a forum fact.

But it's not for the hate AL. A few like me in here just like they like me around the forum, whereas the majority hates me and not just on this section but I didn't drop the entire forum, just here, so that wasn't the issue, else I would have quit the entire forums aeons ago.
No one cares about post count and u have a clear agenda ur trying to spin here.
U prolly haven't considered that some ppl would use "but posts dont count here anyway" as an excuse to post even more spam if they're new to the section or smth.

J

Joygirl1

I don´t see much difference between giving a like or writing something like "Yeah, I agree with that!"

AL sama

Red Haired
This isn't just about my preferences though :choppawhat:

It's literally about the forum rules which suggest that spam should be contrasted. Having people post 1000s in a single game spread across 10 days of period of time with specifically many of those posts constituting chains of one liners that could have been avoided if put in one single post (which is entirely the issue) isn't a behaviour that should be accepted in any serious forum board.

I'm fully aware that I'm personally not the best example of anti spam conduct, but that doesn't change the objective point I'm making here.

I'm not the one who makes the rules so it's not up to me to decide but suggesting is different.

Regardless my job was to make suggestions since this is what the thread is about, so I can dip.
by forum rules you should've been banned long ago for spamming so do you want me to enforce them?? if not then shut up

I don´t see much difference between giving a like or writing something like "Yeah, I agree with that!"
well, one of the differences is time. And if u write u agree with something, ppl might question u, depends on the post ofc. imagine actually quoting 30 posts just to write 'i agree with this'. I'm playing a lot on phone so it would be so much scrolling too.

No one cares about post count and u have a clear agenda ur trying to spin here.
U prolly haven't considered that some ppl would use "but posts dont count here anyway" as an excuse to post even more spam if they're new to the section or smth.
The point would have been to remove them in order to reduce the spam so people would see it as a reinforcement instead of loosening up their behaviour and see it as a way to counter it to spam more but I also don't think that would have made for a major difference so I proposed post cap by attaching my thoughts to Ekko's original proposal.

But anyway it doesn't seem like any of my proposals had enough success so I will stop making suggestions that aren't properly appreciated.

B

Ballel

well, one of the differences is time. And if u write u agree with something, ppl might question u, depends on the post ofc. imagine actually quoting 30 posts just to write 'i agree with this'. I'm playing a lot on phone so it would be so much scrolling too.
I would literally collect all the posts I want to like, then multiquote them in a single post and write "I like this post"

B

Ballel

The point would have been to remove them in order to reduce the spam so people would see it as a reinforcement instead of loosening up their behaviour but I also don't think that would have made for a major difference so I proposed post cap by attaching my thoughts to Ekko's original proposal.

But anyway it doesn't seem like any of my proposals had enough success so I will stop making suggestions that aren't properly appreciated.
Y are ur posts always so suuuuuper long

by forum rules you should've been banned long ago for spamming so do you want me to enforce them?? if not then shut up
I mean I'm ok with them being reinforced. I will adapt as well, no prob. I always strive for uniformity. If things were reinforced here they would be reinforced on the OP sections as well and I would cope with it but at least me Udell and a few other players who had no choice but step back would be able to return.

But something tells me nothing will be done to tackle the issue so I will just sit and stop presenting new proposals.

AL sama

Red Haired
beta you were spamming our DMs bawling your eyes off when you got banned for a month so stop acting like you can deal with a permanent ban lol

beta you were spamming our DMs bawling your eyes off when you got banned for a month so stop acting like you can deal with a permanent ban lol
I meant as in changing the policy. I would have no problem to adapt as well in order not to arrive to such point. I don't even have much time to post on this site anymore, I have a busy life unlike those people who post 1000s in 10 days in this section.

As long as the issue was tackled here I would be ok with adapting across the other sections as well if the spam policy became more severe in general, even much more severe, on this forum.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
I meant as in changing the policy. I would have no problem to adapt as well in order not to arrive to such point. I don't even have much time to post on this site anymore, I have a life unlike those people who post 1000s in 10 days in this section.

As long as the issue was tackled here I would be ok with adapting across the other sections as well if the spam policy became more severe in general, even much more severe, on this forum.
Yes, that is evident by you posting in this thread for days when you don't even participate in the section. Everyone has lives Beta, the sooner you realise that your free time isn't any more valuable or better spent than anyone else's, the better.

Yes, that is evident by you posting in this thread for days when you don't even participate in the section. Everyone has lives Beta, the sooner you realise that your free time isn't any more valuable or better spent than anyone else's, the better.
This brings back some unwelcome memories. It's somewhat cathartic being on the sidelines observing instead of having to deal with it as a mod, though. Whew.