General Feedback & suggestions

Do you agree with promoting Off-site Mafia Games?

• Total voters
sure if it doesn't concern the ongoing game
okay, the quote addresses the ongoing game so ill just leave it out - but re: emotional manipulation

emotional manipulation is undefined, then saying it needs regulation?

there's an inherent contradiction to this.

there have been fake emotional plays and fake emotional (aka fake anger) arguments played throughout mafia games from various communities and i am sad to say WG is no exception. this isn't some unknown phenomena.

do you (proverbial) know how many people on an emotional player's wagon uses it to their advantage, with the tactic just poking the bear and digging their own grave? that, too, is a form of manipulation. and it doesn't always come from malicious intent. ratchet can explain this

it's such a huge factor in mafia that it isn't completely undefinable in the way you think - even little things, like breadcrumbs and hints that play on paranoia are a form of emotional manipulation.

the thing that i think we'd all agree on is not really game related and needs to be addressed as a whole is respecting emotional limitations, i have drilled this in OLFers before. if you're clearly fucking with a person to the point they're distressed and state this multiple times, that's equally disrespectful. it is an issue. even if it's scum making these plays, people should know better. we should respect *individual* boundaries too.

many of you aren't being realistic about emotional thresholds - some people can't tough it out, they can't play the game w.o hitting a breaking point. and many, if not all, have had bad days - the only difference is there isn't the same frequency of being upset or worn down. this isn't noted or pointed out, and i think it's actually more important for a community to understand this in order to play efficiently

the back talking, the retaliation, the feeling as if a player gets a free out of jail card? the losing it and feeling like this particular behavior from more emotional players is disrespectful?
it goes both ways. it is incredibly disrespectful of people to harp on and on about poor game etiquette after a person has told others to not press is and acknowledged they won't do the behavior again. likewise, they need to recover the broken trust from other players in the community from previous and current pla

all's emotional limitations is wanting people to flat out not do this. the player in turn should also respect that. some of y'all's emotional limitations are getting too pressured and feeling shitty when people don't see your explanation for your behavior (including bad behavior) as legitimate. they hold themselves accountable. people apologize. we move on! this is also the biggest reason why my own policy is honesty - i don't have tells, that's not my style. my "honesty policy" it's actually used advantageously when consistency is concerned. because then in future games with others, whether i roll scum or not, when i feel overwhelmed and drained over a game, i am simply being upfront. it's my own personal policy and people tend to respect it and know it's out of sincerity (dest can concur with this) if i say i am at work, i am at work. if i say i am sick, i am sick. i despite angleshooting based on my own personal life. pushing and pressing an issue like this again and again also creates friction - even though it's unintended.

"well, then get the out and don't play if you can't handle it?"
fools logic, and false. you don't want to alienate certain players from the community, you're going to lose them; this is not the goal for the mods. consider this for a second too

answering this rhetorical question: because there are some genuinely fun, awesome moments and emotional players intend to seek that out. let them play. emotional play may feel like it's overshadowed a game but i absolutely freaking guarantee many of us will look back and there will be far more standout, fun moments especially for scum in these games

do i even remember my fuck ups when i played as a mason? no. i just remember being hyped i got placed as a town mason and had a blast. likewise, a lot of you had a blast with abilities and also really enjoy the spamming aspect

such is the nature of the community

which is why there are multiple mods to balance out that imbalance

nat is transparently against certain actions and conclusions from both mods and members. some of you will disagree with her direction
AL made sure to lock a thread to refuse a massive situation and respect WG's game integrity for the majority of players
ratchet is properly and calmly addressing these issues. should they have a distinction between player and mod etiquette and allow certain callouts in games is a separate issue and one that i don't think will be agreed on. and i think ratchet is also more than willing to admit what is seen as a hiccup on his part (even if he'dvsilently and respectfully disagree)

there is a system in place. y'all have it good, because if it's under hair discretion on how to handle certain issues i have FANTASTIC news: you don't have to play with a player that does things you dislike when signing up with the added disclosure.
the reason why the section specific policy isn't an approach that mods want to take is because blanket rules are difficult to maintain when it comes to cultures and differing opinions.
and there is such a massive, massive toll on hosts already. as a host, would you appreciate a blanket rule you don't agree with being forced upon you, instead of having the flexibility to not play games where this behavior isn't seen as a big deal?
it's a major change that you guys are pushing for rn and there will be consequences to it that i can point out right now. specifically how it will inevitably impact this sections culture

Tyrant MUUGEN

天下無双
I'd like to point out that this is feedback and suggestions - not general discussion. Note that both the feedback and the suggestions ought to be constructive - using this thread as a vehicle to continue any agenda, or spamming the thread ad nauseam, is likely to earn a thread ban.
Makes sense since the suggestions are towards you and Flower.

maybe do better and you wouldn’t get constructive criticism. in over this victimizing yourself from flower. & you doing jackshit about it. We’ve all seen it carry on from OJ to MM to NF to many other servers. It’s not an excuse anymore when it’s every game.

You have not held this forums mafia section to good standards. Look at many players come and just leave. Cake came for one game based off of OLF and friends telling her to play her just for her game to be completely ruined out of emotional drama that is made up. Dest no longer wants anything to do with this community or you. Joygirl out of all the people is beyond annoyed with flower and is over it. Kiku has pointed out that Flower herself stated she would stop doing it and to punish her for doing it again. Dest has also pointed out that she herself said to ban her for it and to ban it overall.

you Ratchet do not do your job properly here.

You rule broke and started a conversation that you knew was dealing with an ongoing game. For Nat to come into general chat and say as “dead players” you shouldn’t discuss ongoing game but ignores you outright is fucking hypocritical and proves my point that you are the problem and issue along with flower. You as a player should be punished for the game/rule break moreso as thee Mafia Section Mod you don’t even see any issue with it?

Thread ban me I don’t give a flying fuck you know how many times I’ve pm’d Bogard and Al to delete this account.

I really don’t care. It’s not a two way street with you it’s the Ratchet show. It’s been evidently clear and shown in the way you handled your “friendship” with dest. If I ever had a friend speak to me like that friendship would be null and void. There is no respect from you to dest.

You don’t respect others you can fake it here but you don’t fool me rat.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Makes sense since the suggestions are towards you and Flower.

maybe do better and you wouldn’t get constructive criticism. in over this victimizing yourself from flower. & you doing jackshit about it. We’ve all seen it carry on from OJ to MM to NF to many other servers. It’s not an excuse anymore when it’s every game.

You have not held this forums mafia section to good standards. Look at many players come and just leave. Cake came for one game based off of OLF and friends telling her to play her just for her game to be completely ruined out of emotional drama that is made up. Dest no longer wants anything to do with this community or you. Joygirl out of all the people is beyond annoyed with flower and is over it. Kiku has pointed out that Flower herself stated she would stop doing it and to punish her for doing it again. Dest has also pointed out to ban her for it and to ban it overall.

you Ratchet do not do your job properly here.

You rule broke and started a conversation that you knew was dealing with an ongoing game. For Nat to come into general chat and say as “dead players” you shouldn’t discuss ongoing game but ignores you outright is fucking hypocritical and proves my point that you are the problem and issue along with flower. You as a player should be punished for the game/rule break moreso as thee Mafia Section Mod you don’t even see any issue with it?

Thread ban me I don’t give a flying fuck you know how many times I’ve pm’d Bogard and Al to delete this account.

I really don’t care. It’s not a two way street with you it’s the Ratchet show. It’s been evidently clear and shown in the way you handled your “friendship” with dest. If I ever had a friend speak to me like that friendship would be bull and void. There is no respect from you to dest.

You don’t respect others you can fake it here but you don’t fool me rat.
Politely, not the place for this. I don't want to ask again. I don't want to stop you from being able to vent, that is your right, but you can't just do it in any threads you please. I suggest you step away for now and we can revisit it at a better time.

you can't talk of respect and integrity when using insults, it weakens your overall argument and renders it nearly moot

you probably don't care, but this isn't going to be addressed calmly. aggression and snark never results in constructive criticism - you're no better than the mod you feel isn't doing their job. this isn't how you go about fostering a better community and i think you know that

if you're going to hold anyone to a particular standard, good god, you have to hold yourself to a particular standard too

Tyrant MUUGEN

天下無双
you can't talk of respect and integrity when using insults, it weakens your overall argument and renders it nearly moot

you probably don't care, but this isn't going to be addressed calmly. aggression and snark never results in constructive criticism - you're no better than the mod you feel isn't doing their job. this isn't how you go about fostering a better community and i think you know that

if you're going to hold anyone to a particular standard, good god, you have to hold yourself to a particular standard too
Like flower stated when she gets “pushed” for 3 days in a row she has her boiling point this is a long overdue 5+ year boiling point where flower and her issues have been discussed and so have ratchets.

I’ve had many a personal chats with both of them directly in public and private, but nothing has changed on their end.