Final Fantasy Discussion Thread

W

Wonderful World

12 was okay id put it above 2 and 3 for sure, but for me everything kind of went downhill after X-2. Haven't played 15

Hmm, I think the only sequel that I found decent was Lightning returns due to how combat worked. I enjoyed 2 just because it played similarly to the SaGa series.

Did you play the standard version of 12 or did you try the international/zodiac version?

W

Wonderful World

Just the standard. I still can't believe it was on Ps2
Those graphics were insane for the time and while it might not change your opinion, you might want to try the Zodiac version sometime. It allows every character to choose a main and a sub-job, effectively making everyone have different license boards.

Banchi

yawn-together
Those graphics were insane for the time and while it might not change your opinion, you might want to try the Zodiac version sometime. It allows every character to choose a main and a sub-job, effectively making everyone have different license boards.
What you said is complete gibberish to me at this point. Its been over 10 years :gokulaugh:

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Yeah this is why I absolutely loved XII!
XII was pretty good no doubt.
Post automatically merged:

Still my heart is with X.

Funny enough years later (like 5 years ago) I played VI and absolutely loved it. Went to top 2 easily. That's how good it is for me and no nostalgia factor involved.

I concur that gameplay wise XII > X

But story wise X > XII for me

Story wise VI is also amazing.

Favourite summons would be a tie between X and XII because you could have them on the field. That's pretty neat

And best summons design wise would be Bahamut and Zodiark.

Sagittarius was such a let down power wise :catcry:

Banchi

yawn-together

Funny enough years later (like 5 years ago) I played VI and absolutely loved it. Went to top 2 easily. That's how good it is for me and no nostalgia factor involved.

Favourite summons would be a tie between X and XII because you could have them on the field. That's pretty neat

The best summon for me will always be Alexander from FFIX

W

Wonderful World

Oh true is there a librarian job? I recall that being op
No librarian as far as I remember.

Instead, we get:

Archer
Black Mage
White Mage
Bushi - Samurai
Foebreaker
Knight
Machinist
Monk
Red Mage
Shikari - Ninja
Time Battlemage
Uhlan - physical support

X is also personally my favorite story-wise.

I never found a good copy of Vl growing up, so that's the most mysterious one for me. :catcry:

I think my favorite summon has always been Shiva. Summon animation-wise, I'd say FF15 Ramuh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd

X was fancy.

Some characters were amazing, such as Yuna and Tidus. I also play X-2, very fancy combat style and a woman trio as main characters is no ordinary stuff.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
12 was okay id put it above 2 and 3 for sure, but for me everything kind of went downhill after X-2. Haven't played 15
Hmm, I think the only sequel that I found decent was Lightning returns due to how combat worked. I enjoyed 2 just because it played similarly to the SaGa series.

Did you play the standard version of 12 or did you try the international/zodiac version?
XII was pretty nice as far as game mechanisms is concerned. Story wise was a bit underwhelming for me but the battle system made it quite enjoyable.

The best summon for me will always be Alexander from FFIX
Oh damn. IX xD

I actually never played that one. There´s an hole in my curriculum xD

X was fancy.

Some characters were amazing, such as Yuna and Tidus. I also play X-2, very fancy combat style and a woman trio as main characters is no ordinary stuff.
Agreed.

Yuna was very fun to use because of summons.
My favourite one was Rikku. Not power level wise or anything but because I enjoyed her personality quite a bit :catpole:

I played X-2. It was rather... unique let´s say. Yeah three women as the only playable characters is something you don´t see a lot in games. It had Rikku so all good for me :catblush:

Well if I were to list them from favs to least favs it would go:
FF6
FF9
FF7
FF4
FF5
FF10
FF1
FF8
FF12
FF2
FF3

Haven't played the rest
Good list.

I think mine would be:

FF10/FF6 (can´t really decide between the two.

FF7

FF4

FF5

FF10-2

FF12

FF8

I enjoyed all of them except maybe 8,.

No librarian as far as I remember.

Instead, we get:

Archer
Black Mage
White Mage
Bushi - Samurai
Foebreaker
Knight
Machinist
Monk
Red Mage
Shikari - Ninja
Time Battlemage
Uhlan - physical support

X is also personally my favorite story-wise.

I never found a good copy of Vl growing up, so that's the most mysterious one for me. :catcry:

I think my favorite summon has always been Shiva. Summon animation-wise, I'd say FF15 Ramuh.
Ah I see you´re a person of culture as well.

You can get it pretty easily for GBA.

Get a GBA emu, FFVI advance Rom and you´re set :yearight:

That and FF Tactics Advance. Amazing game tbh.

Later games do have some fancy graphics. Compared to the old ones It´s not even a competition xD

FF6 does have some GOAT characters. Like Terra and Celes.

W

Wonderful World

Ah I see you´re a person of culture as well.

You can get it pretty easily for GBA.

Get a GBA emu, FFVI advance Rom and you´re set :yearight:

That and FF Tactics Advance. Amazing game tbh.

Later games do have some fancy graphics. Compared to the old ones It´s not even a competition xD

FF6 does have some GOAT characters. Like Terra and Celes.
Well, I'll get my chance to actually play it in its best form with the Pixel remasters on Steam. Just need to wait for V to get a release date and we'll see.

As for the Ramuh summon in FF15, it looks like this:

I like it because it actually seems terrifying with a giant hand just appearing out of nowhere lol

Banchi

yawn-together
XII was pretty nice as far as game mechanisms is concerned. Story wise was a bit underwhelming for me but the battle system made it quite enjoyable.

Oh damn. IX xD

I actually never played that one. There´s an hole in my curriculum xD

Good list.

I think mine would be:

FF10/FF6 (can´t really decide between the two.

FF7

FF4

FF5

FF10-2

FF12

FF8

I enjoyed all of them except maybe 8,.
I know I said fav to least fav but I'd say at around the FF8 mark is where a difference does start. At least in the sense that I remember them. Any of the games before had that magic where the story, characters, and world stick with but not so much the last 3.

I urge you to check out 9 though. Someone did some machine learning to it so there's currently a build that looks gorgeous and I wouldn't have half the mind to say I've got the same thing going on with my top 2 with both 6 and 9 and not because of the sex number I promise