• 48/24

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No Preference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Town was really lucky that i could confirm both players that were going to be D1 lynches. Yet unlucky we still ended up lynching an important townie which turned me Vanilla player🤦‍♂️,

Also I'm furious I'm never protected at night. I asked to be watched D1, i knew i was going to be targeted but no one did. I asked support roles to do better D2. Yet got killed same night.

Can't say i enjoyed the game much, roles shouldn't turn vanilla based on other players game. I didn't follow what happened afterwards but yeah i can see how Town 'd have lost.

Town was really lucky that i could confirm both players that were going to be D1 lynches. Yet unlucky we still ended up lynching an important townie which turned me Vanilla player🤦‍♂️,

Also I'm furious I'm never protected at night. I asked to be watched D1, i knew i was going to be targeted but no one did. I asked support roles to do better D2. Yet got killed same night.

Can't say i enjoyed the game much, roles shouldn't turn vanilla based on other players game. I didn't follow what happened afterwards but yeah i can see how Town 'd have lost.
U turned into Vanilla ? That make 3 vanilla towns in the game..

I thought Blue cant be killed at night..

No, I won't just suck it up and accept sth which is BS. Town was like a big team this game, we put a lot of effort into it, stuck our heads together to figure things out. Literally there was no real case of friendly fire either. Overall 8 Vig shots were fired by Town, not a single misfire. Of 8 Vig shots. We literally had no way of getting rid of all the scum quick enough. A Town should never lose with such an impressive play. We were a team this game and acted like one, too.

But now I'm out. I was happy and I'm proud to have been part of such a good Town this game. Scums messed up and the only reason you won are a combination of game mechanics which just favoured you when all of you got caught in the end.

No, I won't just suck it up and accept sth which is BS. Town was like a big team this game, we put a lot of effort into it, stuck our heads together to figure things out. Literally there was no real case of friendly fire either. Overall 8 Vig shots were fired by Town, not a single misfire. Of 8 Vig shots. We literally had no way of getting rid of all the scum quick enough. A Town should never lose with such an impressive play. We were a team this game and acted like one, too.

But now I'm out. I was happy and I'm proud to have been part of such a good Town this game. Scums messed up and the only reason you won are a combination of game mechanics which just favoured you when all of you got caught in the end.

this tbh.
BS

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
@Flowa I think where we disagree here is the overall quality if the Town play in this game. I think some townies played well. I think a lot were bystanders, and had very little influence on the direction of the game. Put it this way - had Prof cleared his DR duty here and Zolo sided with him, I would have Red Mafia tell me Levia was an unfair role to have in the game and I don't think you'd be telling me that the game was horrible to the Town no matter how close I told you they came to losing. If that one action can change how it's all viewed I'm personally okay with that. You don't have to be, you're welcome to your opinion, but the design of the game had Levia as an equaliser, and when that equaliser spends have the game down it's going to be very tough to win. That's why it was such a demanding role in the first place.

As an aside, I don't mind ranting, in fact I largely expected it, but please don't tell me you apologise for ranting, and then proceed to continue to do so. I'm happy to address any further, specific concerns you may have from here.

Ratchet

Prof > Kagu, scum
Speaking of this one, this was actually a misplay, because Prof had the ability to delay the kill a night and charge it, and there wasn't actually a reason not to (he was given an option so that he wasn't forced to have the kill on a timer). Had he charged it, Kagura would have died Night 2, and Town probably win the game.

@Flowa I think where we disagree here is the overall quality if the Town play in this game. I think some townies played well. I think a lot were bystanders, and had very little influence on the direction of the game. Put it this way - had Prof cleared his DR duty here and Zolo sided with him, I would have Red Mafia tell me Levia was an unfair role to have in the game and I don't think you'd be telling me that the game was horrible to the Town no matter how close I told you they came to losing. If that one action can change how it's all viewed I'm personally okay with that. You don't have to be, you're welcome to your opinion, but the design of the game had Levia as an equaliser, and when that equaliser spends have the game down it's going to be very tough to win. That's why it was such a demanding role in the first place.

As an aside, I don't mind ranting, in fact I largely expected it, but please don't tell me you apologise for ranting, and then proceed to continue to do so. I'm happy to address any further, specific concerns you may have from here.
We can agree to disagree. But, all scum were outed. And we had to rely too much on one player to deal with them all. Don't you think the other Townies want to be able to do sth here, too? Ultimately I felt useless. I had the correct reads and the right targets. Pein had absolutely correct reads and was too weak to do sth about it. Also Yo. And Pero. We couldn't do sth, despite having been right about so many things and pushing the game into the right direction. And I would have preferred if it just would have played out. Sure, it takes a lot of time. But we already invested a lot of time into the game just to ultimately be powerless.

D

Dragomir

I was following this only a bit, all I can say is that being vanilla in a RM game must be cancer.
Strongly disagree. I can tell you from first-hand experience as a player who was vanilla that I did not care one bit about being vanilla while everyone else had power roles. In fact, I welcomed it. It was my duty to bait scum's kills on me taking their attention away from the power roles so they get to live another day. Considering that red mafia killed me (I think?), I was successful in that endeavor.

J

Joygirl1

I can only talk from my point of view and I would be super annoyed if I rolled vanilla townie when all other players including indies and mafs got all those strong abilities. Prefer to not attract kills on myself, trying to survive and to be able to do some helpful stuff for town.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Strongly disagree. I can tell you from first-hand experience as a player who was vanilla that I did not care one bit about being vanilla while everyone else had power roles. In fact, I welcomed it. It was my duty to bait scum's kills on me taking their attention away from the power roles so they get to live another day. Considering that red mafia killed me (I think?), I was successful in that endeavor.
yeah i kept trying to bait kills too, also because i thought it would unlock my locked role if i died

Ratchet

We can agree to disagree. But, all scum were outed. And we had to rely too much on one player to deal with them all. Don't you think the other Townies want to be able to do sth here, too? Ultimately I felt useless. I had the correct reads and the right targets. Pein had absolutely correct reads and was too weak to do sth about it. Also Yo. And Pero. We couldn't do sth, despite having been right about so many things and pushing the game into the right direction. And I would have preferred if it just would have played out. Sure, it takes a lot of time. But we already invested a lot of time into the game just to ultimately be powerless.
With respect to the bolded bit, like I've already told you, it was for the best for those concerned. I don't need to go into that any more than I have. As for the rest of your argument, sure, but not every role can do everything either. I'm not particularly concerned about the town losing after two mislynches given that the extra KO's essentially panned out to one more mislynch in the end. As for agreeing to disagree, that's fine, but you haven't really done that. I can appreciate that players put a lot into this and the end result isn't what they wanted, but that is just how it goes sometimes. Red Mafia put a lot into this as well, and I'm sure they'd be upset if they lost over one role they couldn't play around easily too. I'm not going to pretend it was a perfect game, I think it was mostly fair (I'll post all the conditions etc soonish if you want to give them a read) with the exception of purple in regards to their ability to deal with Red. Red also benefited from their strongest role making it to endgame as well. I think there is nuance to this that you're ignoring, to the point of maybe being a tad unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.