Theory Final nakama theory

Ok guys hear me out.
I'm really torn between 3 possible outcomes rn.

Either Tama joins, because she is Luffy's&Zoro's emotional connection to the Wano citizens.
Or Rebecca joins, she is a competent female fighter and would make for a good authority figure, which would be a stark contrast to Robin whose strength lies in providing knowledge, her fighting prowess being of rather mediocre quality.
The third option would be Yamato. He is an accurate representation of a non passing trans man and a much needed confirmation for the fans that Oda cares about diverse representation. And while Yamato's other traits, his fighting prowess, his characterisation and his backstory are rather boring, the focus on his gender and his identity as Oden surely make up for his otherwise uninspiring and repetitive personality traits!

What do you think guys? Who will be the next nakama?

Some tags @CarrotForNakama @Pot Goblin @Random_Kurozumi @Rambles @Kurozumi D. Trussop @Mr. Reloaded @tamaForNakama

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Ok guys hear me out.
I'm really torn between 3 possible outcomes rn.

Either Tama joins, because she is Luffy's&Zoro's emotional connection to the Wano citizens.
Or Rebecca joins, she is a competent female fighter and would make for a good authority figure, which would be a stark contrast to Robin whose strength lies in providing knowledge, her fighting prowess being of rather mediocre quality.
The third option would be Yamato. He is an accurate representation of a non passing trans man and a much needed confirmation for the fans that Oda cares about diverse representation. And while Yamato's other traits, his fighting prowess, his characterisation and his backstory are rather boring, the focus on his gender and his identity as Oden surely make up for his otherwise uninspiring and repetitive personality traits!

What do you think guys? Who will be the next nakama?

Some tags @CarrotForNakama @Pot Goblin @Random_Kurozumi @Rambles @Kurozumi D. Trussop @Mr. Reloaded @tamaForNakama
The one and only

Though as much as I have ribbed the towel recently I ultimately wouldn't mind it, there is a lot of fun potential there.
Rebecca and Tama I do not really care for but I do recognize the connection Tama has with the crew

As we speak, Rebecca is my preferred option. Her addition would be the most sensible choice.
Firstly, we haven't seen her in ages. The surprise would be huge, nobody expects her to show up again. It's an easy way for Oda to glue the readers to the screen!
When Rebecca can regain relevance and join the strawhats after a whole decade who else might return in the future?
Monet?
Gin??
Nami's mom??
Is Sora, the legendary warrior of the Marines really a mere comic book character or is he reality??
To think that Sanji's mother returns to the current timeline after asking Ivankov for hormonal transformation is truly the most unprecedented, unpredictable twist Oda has ever come up with!
I'd call that a GODA moment ngl :catsweat:

Tama is too young.
Rebecca is irrelevant, she is just a side character.
Yamato already joined but she will stay in Wano, might come back for the EOS battle, not because she is whatever non sense you said though.
Tama grew up a starving orphan, she's very mature for her age.

And don't you ever disrespect my husbando best boy Wamato again! He's one of the best characters in One Piece!

Jinbe is the final nakama.

There is absolutely zero chance either Rebecca or Tama will join. Yamato has a faint chance.
Rebecca4nakama, I'm calling it now!
Don't act like surprised Pikatchu when it happens.

Tama is the obvious choice when you take into account the emotional bond that the strawhats have and their meaning of nakama.
She is the character with the deeper bond with the strawhats, not only Luffy and Zoro, but also Nami, Ussop and Chopper. Out of the east blue strawhats she's only missing a scene with Sanji, which can easily happen given their experiences with starvation in youth, eating Sanji's food would probably be the best day of her life. The reverse is also true, out of all the options Tama is the one who lacks an deeper emotional bond with characters in her home island, hitetsu being the closes one and being a terrible guardian (I can make a list of shit he pulled but I don't think I need to). Thus we can conclude that the characters who Tama is most attached to are the strawhats, making her the perfect nakama candidate.
From a meta perspective, taking Tama as a Pirate Apprentice would symbolize the Straw Hats as a veteran crew, one with enough experience and strength to have an apprentice, pirate aprentice would make perfect sense as the last role to join the crew. Pirate Apprentice is also the only role that they're missing from Roger's crew and one only him Whitebeard and Rocks were shown to have.
Tama also fits in as the perfect final Nakama to complete the family dynamic of the crew, filling in a younger age group gap as the daughter character.
To top it off she already got accepted by Luffy, so it confuses me how is there even a question about this.

Last edited:
From a meta perspective, taking Tama as a Pirate Apprentice would symbolize the Straw Hats as a veteran crew, one with enough experience and strength to have an apprentice, pirate aprentice is would make perfect sense as the last role to join the crew. Pirate Apprentice is also the only role that they're missing from Roger's crew and one only him Whitebeard and Rocks were shown to have.
Nice catch, I haven't thought about this one !

Tama grew up a starving orphan, she's very mature for her age.
Doesn't matter, she is a child and she is still too weak to join.
And don't you ever disrespect my husbando best boy Wamato again! He's one of the best characters in One Piece!
Knowing you, this is just troll and bait. Yamato is strong, that's it. Too much reference to Oden to exist on her own unfortunately. She had some good moments vs Kaido and with Momo though.

Too much reference to Oden to exist on her own unfortunately.
There's room for character development !

Doesn't matter, she is a child and she is still too weak to join.
And he explains it pretty well
From a meta perspective, taking Tama as a Pirate Apprentice would symbolize the Straw Hats as a veteran crew, one with enough experience and strength to have an apprentice, pirate aprentice is would make perfect sense as the last role to join the crew. Pirate Apprentice is also the only role that they're missing from Roger's crew and one only him Whitebeard and Rocks were shown to have.