Speculations For Zoro Fans, how will Zoro vs Mihawk fit into the Narrative?

It kinda makes me wonder how the title is maintained if it's never defended
I know the logical explaination is "Oda said so" but as a reader who wants to
suspend my disbelief for a moment and immerse in the world, it's a little jarring.

"Don't challenge him, he's just the strongest, farming with his baboons and what not"

Don't get it twisted, I still believe Oda's words, but from the perspective of the story itself
there's not much there, except these "legendary" duels with shanks 13 years ago.

Is 1050 chapters too early to say Oda missed? Maybe but if Mihawk literally does nothing in a 30 year story except fight zoro
it's kinda a miss no? IDK, these are just my thoughts.
I get what u mean 100% and although I don't agree I can see what u mean.

i keep my enjoyment of the character through Zoro in a way because everything Zoro gets and achieves is necessary to beat that monster. So I see Zoro's achievements as hype for Mihawk but I understand feeling disappointed at not getting much on the character.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Good points... Or he can be someone who is a fan and believer of WG/Im ideologies of balance which could be opposite of that of Joyboy's... That's what I believe he can possibly be if he has some "evil" side...

Yeah... But imagine Oda turning Shanks, one of the well-loved character, turned into someone more hated than BB...
The great cleansing could cause lots of Luffy's friends to get hurt. Finding out it's Shanks' fault may not sit well with Luffy, especially if Shanks justifies it as necessary. That could work too

Yoru belongs to Mihawk and nobody else. It doesn't fit Shiryu at all.

Not that I disagree, but why would Lodestar play any importance at all?
It's a symbolic place, I think it would be a great location to set the final battle against BB. God Valley would eventually be an even better choice, but it's not clear to me if it was wiped off the geographic maps or if it actually physically disappeared.

Why would greenbull be nerfed? :josad:
Same reason with Queen: Lanjino has no way of defeating him otherwise.
Post automatically merged:

Yoru belongs to Mihawk and nobody else. It doesn't fit Shiryu at all.

It's a symbolic place, I think it would be a great location to set the final battle against BB. God Valley would eventually be an even better choice, but it's not clear to me if it was wiped off the geographic maps or if it actually physically disappeared.
Fair enough.

And great point about Yoru.

I'm not sure how popular of an opinion this is but I feel like Zoro vs Mihawk will actually be the final fight in the entire series.

I don't feel like Zoro can achieve his own goal until he and the rest of the crew make Luffy the king of the pirates.
It wouldn’t make much sense for Zoro and Mihawk to be the final fight in the series.

The series began with Luffy, it really should end with Luffy. Zoro vs Mihawk is likely to take place with mihawk aligning with another group and being Zoros major fight in that arc

Zoro vs Mihawk will happen after the Final War, it will be one of the last fights but not the last imo. Zoro will turn Wado black during that fight and breaks Yoru and Zoro's name will reach the heaven and Zoro become the WSS. Don't think Zoro will suddenly kill Mihawk though.

It wouldn’t make much sense for Zoro and Mihawk to be the final fight in the series.

The series began with Luffy, it really should end with Luffy. Zoro vs Mihawk is likely to take place with mihawk aligning with another group and being Zoros major fight in that arc
Starting with luffy and ending with luffy really has nothing to do with fights

Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen before Final War?
No, Mihawk has to be Zoro's biggest enemy, the overcoming, there can't be anyone stronger than him in the future so as not to belittle the achievement.
Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen after the Final War?
Yes, Zoro will challenge Mihawk like the first time, there doesn't need to be a context beyond that. And as I already mentioned, Mihawk must be Zoro's final enemy.
Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen during the Final War?
No, it is completely illogical to think that in the fight between pirates and the government, two pirates with mutual interest will fight each other.
Shiryu will kill Mihawk, will become the new WSS and so we will have Zoro vs Shiryu?
No, please read the manga again.
Shiryu kills Mihawk
Read the manga again.

I think Zoro vs Mihawk will happen when Sanji achieves his dream, finding the All Blue. That sounds like after the final War or near the end of it. Mihawk and Sanji being introduce in the same arc means something, so thats how it would fit into the SH's story.

I dont think Zoro sees Mihawk as his master, probably far from it. His goal to beat the best. So, kill shots are allowed.

Last edited:
Like any fight between Yanko is probably extreme dif
:whitepress:

Blackbeard>Whitebeard>Shanks>Luffy>Kaido>Big Mom. How could you say for any of those match-ups extreme diff when there are multiple gaps. That means some of them are equal and some are not which is impossible.

Can't I have this opinion without being a part of some dumb agenda about Shanks/Mihawk-Sanji/
This is what I have been asking myself for a long time. I was always pro Mihawk but also pro Shanks. I can't say anything about either without the crowds attacking with their ruler memes and fishes eating arms.

I still believe Oda's words, but from the perspective of the story itself
there's not much there, except these "legendary" duels with shanks 13 years ago.
Which is like Itachi who turned out stronger than any Kage except for Tobirama, Hashirama Minato.

Last edited: