Forum Games Suggestion - Contest

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
With a 2 week OP break coming up and most of us in quarantine, we’ve decided to ask you to help come up with the next forum game!

The winner would get a prize
In this contest, come up with a game that:
  • Include most forum members if they want to participate
  • Is an event (ex. HnH)
  • Everything else can be up to you
Finally, we will decide which game to play by voting. And yes, winner will get a special tag.

Try to get your submissions in by early next week

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I already have an idea but I would like to correct you with this^^

As per schedule, we would be getting three more chapters (including next one) in a row before a break comes up.

Not courting any unexpected break such as due to covid
I saw in the Waiting Room a buncha reports for a break, and someone said in two weeks we'll have Golden Week? So we get this chapter, then two breaks?

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I saw in the Waiting Room a buncha reports for a break, and someone said in two weeks we'll have Golden Week? So we get this chapter, then two breaks?
Based on WSJ schedule, we are suppose to get four op chapters before golden week Break

Because next Break is WSJ break and it will be followed by three op chapters and then Oda's break.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I suggest Lord @Bogard to introduce forum bots that can help us play many more games.

My first thought is introducing card games (like Blackjack, Poker or Pinata), which require an automatic bot to be processed properly.

We could also introduce a gambling/economy system, or even multiple depending on which game we are dealing with.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
> Lie To Me - you post 3 things about yourself, people guess which is the lie.

> Take a picture, use photoshop to make it barely recognizable, then post it and see who can guess what it is. Op characters/real life people etc

>Another one I saw was kinda akin to HnH, but with a dice function. Basically we would be able to roll dice, up to a 100 and use that instead of just adding or taking away points. Makes it more fun with unexpected rolls and more interaction. Sudden death rules and no healing could be included as well. Or bumping up the dice as well. Let's say we rolled only 10faced dice so far. Then you get the option of rolling a 20faced one, but it will count only if the number you get is 11 or higher, or let's say if it's an even number.

> Another thought that occurred to me would be to use Kahoot and make a quiz. Although I am not sure how well it will function. I would basically share the question and possible answers here before we start each question. However I am not sure if this can work. Can work with anything. OP, other manga/anime, real life etc.

Might think of something more, so far I got this. :kayneshrug:

Last edited:
> Another thought that occurred to me would be to use Kahoot and make a quiz. Although I am not sure how well it will function. I would basically share the question and possible answers here before we start each question. However I am not sure if this can work. Can work with anything. OP, other manga/anime, real life etc.
Is there anything stopping someone from making a quick internet search to get the correct answer? Otherwise this game could be rife with cheating quite quickly. Lol.

Everyone be looking at the bloke with 100% correct answers like... :sus:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Is there anything stopping someone from making a quick internet search to get the correct answer? Otherwise this game could be rife with cheating quite quickly. Lol.

Everyone be looking at the bloke with 100% correct answers like... :sus:
Kahoot quiz gives you twenty seconds to answer by choosing one option and it measures your speed and the correctness of your answer. The faster you are the more points you get. In the end you can have like 18 out of 20 correct answers and I can have like 16 out of 20 but I answered faster so I get more points and have more points than you. I am not sure how this could work on a forum because I would like need to transmit or smth like that or post the questions, which could give someone an advantage of googling.

If I find a way around it, aka just sharing the link and then you enter your username and everyone sees the question and answers at the same time with like 20 seconds to answer it would be much better.

With a 2 week OP break coming up and most of us in quarantine, we’ve decided to ask you to help come up with the next forum game!

In this contest, come up with a game that:
  • Include most forum members if they want to participate
  • Is an event (ex. HnH)
  • Everything else can be up to you
Finally, we will decide which game to play by voting. And yes, winner will get a special tag.

Try to get your submissions in by early next week
thanks for thinking of me!
at OPF we had several games. A monthly photo/art/writing contest, a monthly signature contest (which turned out to be yearly due low participation :risitasad: ), and some general forum games like "count up untill a mod comes " but with more juice (like at every 10 you need to post a gif, at every 25 music you are listening to,...), "the last user who posts here wins", "add the extra sentence/word to the story",... .

We also wanted to do a big OP tournament (we did a few in the past but now we wanted to do it with crews). A member could make a charachter with certain abilities (and limits). From the moment we had enough members, we did a quiz, puzzles to gain extra haki, upgrades in weapons, even a devil fruit. After a certain point, we had battles to go from x-amount of members to 1 winner. (2vs2, 1vs1). As said we were working on a crew system that resets the upgrades and level ups after each big tournament. Between the big tournaments, there would be smaller games to gain advantages in the big tournaments. The mods would become marines with admiral powers and a fleet that for example could capture a member of a crew and the crew had to free the member in a "count up untill a mod comes" in a certain time frame. If they did not get the member back a setback for the tournament is noted, otherwise besides the member, loot could be found. Another example is the marine base raid, that rewards the crew that reaches the treasure in the base first,...

But we didn't manage to put the crew tournament in practice. Maybe when OPF comes back up and everybody is still alive... :pepecry: