Chapter Discussion Fucking first mate Zoro great advice bro

It was a great advice..
Go attacking to the WG head on in their territory will make every marine, cp organisation, seraphims and the gorosei themselves go after 10 people and all that while they have no clue if Vivi is actually there lol..
He did say in the next panel that if a chance presented itself will go..
Vivi not being known to where she is means a couple of things.
She could be hiding somewhere, she could be captured or she could be dead. In all those scenarios, strawhats have not a single clue to where she is or even how to found her.
Go attacking blindly will only bring destruction and strawhats have nothing to gain and only to lose.
The truth is that Zoro was the voice of reason and everyone understood that except Luffy and even him only at the beginning of the conversation lol.
It was a good and funny moment and those are rare nowadays, let's not try to find something out of nothing.

You want them to visit to RA when no one knows where they are
they do, sanji knows ivankov lives on kamabakka, and robin can probably contact revolutionaries too
You want them to visit Alabasta - at the beginning of grandline crossing NW when they don't even know if anyone can tell them over there where vivi i
Luffy went after another yonko and got her involved just to get sanji back which jeopardized the entire plan of the alliance, i bet that was in convincing to them but luffy still did it for his crew, even when he knew sanji wasn’t in danger all they knew was that sanji was gonna get married

now they are free they don’t have a plan to take down a big bad and you think it’s too inconvenient to go look for their crew mate that might be in huge danger?
I will just phrase it in different way - it's not childish game going around when they have to go around whole world just to find clue of which they have no idea where to find it anyway.

They have their own journey and they don't exist to babysit everyone.
it’s not babysitting, her dad died and she went missing and sabo is involved

they have their own journey but luffy very clearly puts the safety of his friends above

Not to mention, it's doubting capability of Vivi to handle things too.

What you said is based on emotions and not practical approach to situation
vivi is a political diplomat but she’s fodder

What you said is based on emotions and not practical approach to situation
every decision the strawhats make is based on emotion

I don't believe Luffy or Zoro think for a second Ace is dumb, they prob believe Ace is smart. In fact they called him responsible or something along those lines.
Never said he was dumb i just said he isn’t as smart as vivi. Also i stated that due to his pride and stupidity he died after luffy saved his life, Vivi in that situation wouldn’t have let akainu get under her skin.

Again, you missed the point. It's not about who is right or wrong in this situation, it's about reassuring people worried for Vivi's life by pointing out a situation that ended up in another person's death.

"Hey don't worry guys, Vivi is strong, have some faith in her"
"Remember the time you had faith in Ace which lead to his capture and death?"

Wow man so comforting, I definitely wouldn't be more worried for Vivi after hearing that. I hope you weren't reassuring people like this irl lmfao.

The only thing that can save this maybe is the viz translation, hoping this translation was completely off, cause that dialogue was wonky.
Zoro wasn't reassuring anybody , it's about having respect for the trust you put in your Bros.

Anybody who genuinely thinks that rushing in Mariejois with 10 people and on top of that 60% of that crew are fodders, would be a good idea is more dumb than Luffy himself.
And no, Fisher Tiger's case is not close at all when your crew has an idiot captain that will do some shit in the first 2 minutes after they have arrived in MJ and blowing up their cover. The crew would be dead in minutes.

It's funny af how that bozo compared Vivi to Ace's situation, when:
  • Vivi was not "adventuring" on her own will like Ace was
  • Vivi is not a fighter like Ace
  • Vivi being in trouble was published in the newspaper unlike Ace who was not in any trouble when he was with the crew in Alabasta
  • Ace literally died
:kobeha:

"Until the point where he actually needed help" as if Vivi's dad was just not murdered and she's on the run or possibly imprisoned :kobeha:

Yeah lol, Vivi ain't Ace.

Well, Vivi ain't chasing a yonko in the shadows mindlessly like Ace did.

Vivi will hide.

Kid Robin was in the run for 20 years.

If this adult Vivi SHP member can't manage to run and hide, I don't know what to say.

:myman:

Well, he’s not saying that they will never go and save Vivi, he’s saying that they just don’t have the information they need right now and there’s no point diving in without any plan.

The Ace comparison I think is just to remind Luffy that that’s what he did with Ace. He didn’t charge in when all he knew was that Ace‘s Vivre Card was burning. It was only until Luffy knew for a fact that Ace was going to be executed that he made his move.

So it’s just Zoro saying that he knows that Vivi is in trouble, like Ace was, and like with Ace there’s nothing the Strawhats can do right now. When more information comes out, sure, drop everything to save her if they need to.

And I think him having faith in Vivi’s not something to be complained about. Again, he’s not saying “no, she left the crew so we will never help her.” He’s saying there’s nothing they can do just now and that Vivi has earned their faith until they know more.

Zoro’s being far more useful than everyone else there.

Nami trained? As far I know she only studied. Her upgrades were Usopp new weapon to her and Zeus. Not herself.
It looks like she's been squatting a lot these past years and hitting the bench press..

No but seriously for Nami, Chopper, Franky becoming better at their craft automatically makes them stronger. Nami gains better control of weather, Chopper uses medicine for sustained Rumble Ball and Franky gains new weapons.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Dude, you are using powerscaling here too and turning this into an Ace vs Vivi :gokulaugh:

Vivi is strong compared to any average person. She could become Miss Wednesday within two years. But thats not her main strength. She is a natural in diplomacy. Remember what happened when they entered Drum islands? She got shot, but didnt let Luffy and others fight back. Thats why Drum island people let them enter the island. She stopped a fucking civil war in her country. If Vivi is a damsel-in-distress, we need to change the meaning of it.

What if Zoro replied, "(1) Yeah Vivi is not Ace, she is a natural diplomat. (2) Ace didnt really regret his decision to be a pirate, he died smiling"
Stop damage controlling shitty dialogue lmao. I'd atleast wait for Viz the current translation isn't doing this any favours.

It's as simple as bringing up a dead guy as an example as to why they should leave Vivi alone being flat out dumb. You are overcomplicating this way too much.

Vice Captain Zoro is correct. What kind of princess (and future Queen) is she supposed to be if the strawhats come for the rescue each time there is some ambiguity regarding her well being without them knowing for a fact, further pointing out that as they don't know her location, going to either Alabasta or Marijoa would be pointless.

A moment of intelligence, wisdom and logical thinking, while #4 was behaving childish and disgraceful, crying and being incapable due to lack of control of his emotions.