[FNZ] Role Madness Game 04: Bleach Soul Society Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dragomir

I miscalculated here:

It should be:
10 Towns (13 divisions excluding Izen & Gin & Tosen)
2 Independent - Aizen & Gin & Tosen
Scum - (excluding both big boob girl and cat lady)

Fuck. I'm not talking about this again. Seriously. It's alot of searching on wiki for. Not what I signed up this game to do. Not to mention I could be 100% wrong. But whatever.
3 scums and 3 indies would make it 6 scums and 10 townies which is 16 players. You're math is wrong.

D

Dragomir

But according to the manga and the anime all the captains tried to stop Ichigo from rescuing Rukia... Only one who helped a bit was Renji and the others Urahara found from outside the captains and gotie 13 members.
That lines up with what we're saying. Captains are town, and Rukia + Ichigo and co are scum.

If Rukia is a role and she is to be executed/captured it would be a useless role until she is free.. Way I see it Rukia as a role currently doesn't exist, perhaps there is a 3rd who becomes rukia if rukia is saved?
Sounds like a very convoluted scenario, I doubt Flower would think of something like that xd

D

Dragomir

If Rukia is a role and she is to be executed/captured it would be a useless role until she is free.. Way I see it Rukia as a role currently doesn't exist, perhaps there is a 3rd who becomes rukia if rukia is saved?
Actually, it's very much possible. Nova hosted a marineford game where Ace was captured just Rukia here but also a player's role in the game. I think it was that if he got freed then he gained his role. That situation could be the case here. Useless role until freed is necessarily a bad thing.

I think we should look into this statement.

So Rukia is a key element to one faction—her survival or execution matters. Hypothetically, if she’s is a player she’s likely survivor. Town aligned at that.

If Ryoka is a faction, that means they’re at odds with town over Rukia’s execution. Which means the Ryoka factions’ win condition would be making sure Rukia survives. Possible for Maf but sounds unlikely.

Moving forward—in the arc itself, the Gotei 13 and Ryoka were at odds because of Aizen. That means to say, Aizen and his faction likely have killing Rukia as a special win condition (as per the manga where Aizen wanted Rukia executed to extract the hogyoku from her).

So, if we have three factions, this is how they should align;

Gotei 13 — Eliminate all threats to town.
Ryoka — Protect Rukia Kuchiki.
Aizen — Kill Rukia & eliminate town.

So if we do have Ryoka and Gotei 13, they likely don’t directly interfere with each other. Considering the Soul Society arc focused on twists and betrayal, two factions that needlessly fight seems right for this Mafia.
This post of yours suggests that you are convinced that Ryoka has to protect Rukia and that it's not possible that the Shinigami have to instead. Interesting.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
"The Ryoka have invaded Soul Society! Everyone, capture them! Dead or Alive!"

Alarm bells were heard throughout Soul Society, warning the Shinigami of the invading threat.

They have come to save Rukia from her imminent execution.

With that, DAY 1 has begun. There are 4 DAYs remaining until the execution.

You have 24h to discuss among yourselves.

Oh yeah btw...

Rukia is being held captive.
Let's pay attention here—goal of the Ryoka are to "save Rukia from execution". No one here has emphasized the importance of executing Rukia. The goals of the Ryoka and of the Gotei 13 do not conflict. At the very least, we can conclude that (if an ability), saving Rukia may require the demise of Kuchiki Byakuya. But I am not positive on that at all. It seems to be reaching massively.

I lean more towards Rukia being a win condition / requirement for the true Mafia and a town aligned survivor. Someone who has no role, probably no voting power, and if they die, the Ryoka automatically lose? I'm not sure if that's a standard condition for Mafia games, as it would imply an entire faction is undermined by 1 single player... Or the Ryoka faction is small.
From last game, DR resident is townie. Do you think Soul Society or Ichigo team is townie in this game?
My thoughts linger towards this being a similar situation as Dressrosa, where there were multiple factions that didn't immediately have a reason to go against one another.

Then captains and others are the mafia....
Ichigo and his friends are Townies
.... i think Urahara i think forgot the old captain guy who was living on earth and helped ichigo get into soul society during rescue Rukia arc.... That guy and Yoruichi Sama are the part of town too i think along with few others.... who i am not able to remember...
So, let's take this statement apart, shall we?

If @MonkeyD.Luffy believes that the Captains of the Gotei 13 are Mafia, that would denote he is in fact not a Captain of the Gotei 13. He would not be comfortable making this statement if he (as a likely Ryoka) was blatantly scum. This is a statement born of confusion and not an attempt to redirect the conversation or a Mafia slip up.

It is my belief that this game will mirror the Soul Society arc in many ways.

In the Soul Society Arc, Ichigo and co. (the Ryoka) battled it out against the Gotei 13. But their objective was not to defeat the Gotei 13, but to rescue Rukia Kuchiki. Combat and fighting was a requirement in the worst situations. Ganju Shiba tried to free Rukia Kuchiki from her confinement prior to her execution, without battling any Shinigami. Their goal is rescue, not destroying the Gotei 13 (town).

The people who wanted that were those who contrived the arrest of Rukia Kuchiki—Sōsuke Aizen. Gin Ichimaru, Tosen Kaname—rogue Shinigami who plotted the downfall of the Gotei 13 in the shadows and used the Ryoka to sew chaos towards that end.

It is my belief that they are the Mafia in this game as well, mirroring their hidden role in the Soul Society arc. You might ask, "TAC, but Flower specifically mentioned the Ryoka in the intro post?" Exactly. This is a reference to the beginning of the Soul Society Arc where the traitorous trio were unknown. It also mentions "capture alive or dead" and is specifically to set the tone of the game, not to denote clear sides. This message does not mesh with the game mechanics and this isn't / shouldn't be used to define who is and isn't mafia.

It's a ruse. All of it, matching with the arc of Bleach this is based off of.

Now, this would mean the teams are likely;

3 Scum
Sōsuke Aizen​
Gin Ichimaru​
Tosen Kaname​
1 Independent
Rukia Kuchiki​
4 Ryoka
Ichigo Kurosaki​
Ishida Uryu​
Orihime Inoue​
Yoruichi Shihōin​
6 Shinigami of the Gotei 13
Byakuya Kuchiki​
Zaraki Kenpachi​
Renji Abarai​
Toshiro Hitsugaiya​
Misc.​
Misc.​
~~~~~~
Now, I think this mostly because the Ryoka & Shinigami will likely be numerous enough to clash / stir confusion over who is and isn't true town. I think this is the intention of the bastard abilities mentioned. But, I also think it extends further than that.

Looking at the likelyhood that Sōsuke Aizen is Mafia (and the game's equivalent to a godfather), we should look at his in-universe abilities. Maybe predict exactly what he can do, so we can gleam at what the player might be capable of? Kyoka Suigetsu allows Aizen to put anyone under a perfect hypnosis and manipulates all their senses absolutely. The only people who are not susceptible to this are those who haven't seen it—the Ryoka—whereas the Shinigami of the Gotei 13 are horribly vulnerable to this. For this reason, I suspect the Gotei 13 has 1 or more Investigatory roles and trying to investigate the Aizen player will yield no scummy responses. They will be clean.

It is also possible that the Aizen player may be "clean" until Day 2. IIRC, the manga, Aizen "died" in the first night of the Ryoka Invasion. After that, he plotted away whilst everyone's gaze was else where. So, even Night 1 Invest. results could be fraudulent.

Secondly, Tosen Kaname.. I'm assuming whoever plays Tosen will have a role blocking ability. In the manga, his Bankai stripped people of every sense they had. It's not an even, clean 1 | 1 fit, but I think it's appropriate. So anyone claiming such an ability, we should be wary of.

No idea what could fit Gin Ichimaru.

TL;DR: I have reason to believe, based off the manga information and the (intentional) disinformation from Flower that the Ryoka and Shinigami are not enemies. The Mafia is hidden, lurking out there, and we should be on guard for poor results at night. DO NOT instantly trust a cleared player.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I realized I left out 1 possible player role. I suppose either the Ryoka or the Shinigami could have an additional player role. It's also likely that Zaraki Kenpachi could be an Independent, given his tenacity towards violence and lackluster appreciation for the rules. In the manga, he freely opposed other Captains before being made aware of any plot to bring down the Gotei 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.