Powers & Abilities Gear 5 IS a better power-up than Super Saiyan (not a joke/bait thread)

Well I disagree , gear 5 is simply power up that oda came with that and aware his fans will be mad.. Yes oda want to make fights like Tom and jerry/looney tunes .
Toei have gas up one piece and ad to hype it up . Remember mixed review by film red last year?

SSJ will be more memorable than gear 5 .

S

Sasaki Kojirō

I would get home from school at 11:30 pm and rush to throw my bag aside and go watch DBZ, while totally ignoring One Piece, I hated One Piece as a kid.

DBZ and classic naruto were peak anime for young Sasaki Kojiro.
Man, I liked Knights of the Zodiacs more than One Piece, (I didn't watch One Piece)

I would get home from school at 11:30 pm and rush to throw my bag aside and go watch DBZ, while totally ignoring One Piece, I hated One Piece as a kid.

DBZ and classic naruto were peak anime for young Sasaki Kojiro.
Man, I liked Knights of the Zodiacs more than One Piece, (I didn't watch One Piece)
Have you watched Ultimate Muscle?

I used to watch all these shows on Cartoon Network.
Still remember watching Naruto, DBZ and Ben 10 around 2006-7.

S

Sasaki Kojirō

Have you watched Ultimate Muscle?

I used to watch all these shows on Cartoon Network.
Yes, I also really liked ben 10, it was around that time that I watched it too. The courage dog drawing was one of my favorites ahaha
Watched this digimon here too

I love both but nah.
Both have really great thematic significance and fit really well for their protagonists, but Super Saiyan, at least the original transformation in Namek, had WAY more emotional impact than G5 could ever hope to accomplish.

G5 has the handicap of being a goofy transformation that actually decreases tension whenever it's used.
If the overall feel of the raid had been that of despair, with the Yonko forces overwhelming the alliance and having them in the brink of defeat, then G5 bringing back hope and energy would've been a great contrast, but sadly the raid was basically won by the time G5 popped out.

I love G5 as a power, form, whatever, but everything lorewise surrounding it was terrible and so was its foreshadowing.

If Ss1 came out now, it would be a lame straight powerup with no spice about it, nothing unique by current standards. But back when it came out? It was the absolute best thing in the world.

I don't know what power I like more, I do like G5 a lot, but looking at them on their respective context and frame, SSJ just stomps.