Powers & Abilities General CoA Discussion - Basic & Advanced

But you just fuckin said the point of a black blade is hardness lmfao and when zoro makes them black they are harder. Go lie down.
Just re-read this.

Seems you're confused.

I said a Black blade simply means hardness.

When Mihawk says any blade can become black, he's just saying any blade can become hard because you know:
  • Haki makes things hard.

What you don't seem to grasp is Invisible Armament and Black shaded Haki are both invisibe, the black is simply harder. If you don't know this, then you've not been reading this manga astutely. Everyone should know this.

When a blade has any form of the invisible Haki (whether it's the relatively weaker invisible Haki or the black shaded invisible haki), both make things harder, thus being black blades in essence and not literally.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Just re-read this.

Seems you're confused.

I said a Black blade simply means hardness.

When Mihawk says any blade can become black, he's just saying any blade can become hard because you know:
  • Haki makes things hard.

What you don't seem to grasp is Invisible Armament and Black shaded Haki are both invisibe, the black is simply harder. If you don't know this, then you've not been reading this manga astutely. Everyone should know this.
If its invisible why does the design on the sword change to make it look like a permanant black blade like shusui when koka is used ?

No what you are doing is citing basic invisible coa and saying look its not black.
Nope, applies to both the non-shaded and shaded.
Nope, it's just a shading for the reader to know which variant of armament is being used.
As shown with zoros swords which when they become black are harder which as you showed in that panel hardness is a sign of a black blade.
Obvious it's harder, it's just not literally black which you obviously don't seem to understand.

If its invisible why does the design on the sword change to make it look like a permanant black blade like shusui when koka is used ?

Same reason Rayleigh's palm is not black pre-skip, but black post-skip. Given that I have to state the obvious, it's just there to highlight Rayleigh as being able to use the strongest form of Armament. Not because it's actually black.

Again, convenient that you can't say anything about this panels to favour your argument. Rayleigh's fist is not shaded pre-skip because it's invisible, however in chapter 947, it's shaded in black to indicate he's just using the strongest form of Armament which is invisible.

This series is based on consistency.

HA001

Same reason Rayleigh's palm is not black pre-skip, but black post-skip. Given that I have to state the obvious, it's just there to highlight Rayleigh as being able to use the strongest form of Armament. Not because it's actually black.

Again, convenient that you can't say anything about this panels to favour your argument.

This series is based on consistency.
No. Swords change everytime they have koka and they look exactly like what a black blade looks like.

No. Swords change everytime they have koka and they look exactly like what a black blade looks like.
Simple.

Most blades have similar design.

And shading blades with similar design and look black would tend to look like other black blades.

Your argument would be like expecting Zoro's fist and Sanji's fist shaded black to look different. Of course they'd look similar shaded in black.

This is not good argument.

If we were not told this was Rayleigh's fist, it would look like any character's fist whose fist was shaded black.

Seems like an artistic limitation mate.

Oda never said anything about the black color being a visual cue.

If « Black blade » means « Hard blade » that means that « Yoru » (which means « night » in Japanese) is actually white? :bamathink:

The one piece community might be the only manga community where simple and straight forward element are twist to be overcomplicated :crazwhat:

HA001

Simple.

Most blades have similar design.

And shading blades with similar design and look black would tend to look like other black blades.

Your argument would be like expecting Zoro's fist and Sanji's fist shaded black to look different. Of course they'd look similar shaded in black.

This is not good argument.

If we were not told this was Rayleigh's fist, it would look like any character's fist whose fist was shaded black.

Seems like an artistic limitation mate.
No. But when they are permanently black that is how they look.
Cant compare hands to swords.

Argument here is just not really strong at all.

Sanji only uses the non-shaded Black Haki.

We for the most part wouldn't know the difference between him not using Haki or using Haki visually.

Just because it looks "the same" has no significance, it's just artistic limitatoin.

So what if black blades look similar, that's really not relevant, has no significance.

Haki is invisible as Rayleigh and Hyo have said.

Of course you ignore this because... it doesn't fit or align with what you want to believe. Convenient.

Hyo sees Luffy using Haki which you think is literally black. What does Hyo say? In Wano too, there is an INVISIBLE power.

Like I said, convince yourself and dismiss evidence that doesn't align with what you want. Facts don't change just because you don't accept them.

No. But when they are permanently black that is how they look.
Cant compare hands to swords.
Again, your argument here is not relevant and really doesn't make sense.

Also wasn't comparing hands to sword if you read what I said, I compared blades to blades. I said blades look similar, so of course when blades that look similar are shaded black, they'll look like other black shaded swords just like other hands will look like other hands when they're shaded in the same colour.

HA001

Again, your argument here is not relevant and really doesn't make sense.

Also wasn't comparing hands to sword if you read what I said, I compared blades to blades. I said blades look similar, so of course when blades that look similar are shaded black, they'll look like other black shaded swords just like other hands will look like other hands when they're shaded in the same colour.
No.
Enma looks different from normal to when its koka and i guarantee you when it goes permanently black the design will be the same as when its koka covered.
You can keep bleating its invisible then.

Youve literally just said hardness is a sign of a black blade but when zoro makes his sword black and they are harder the swords arent black. A contradiction.
Nope, you don't seem to understand what a contradiction is.

A contradiction is making a statement about something, and then saying the opposite about the same thing.

For example:
  • if I said the sky was black and tomorrow say it's pink, that's a contradiction.
The example above shows a contradiction.

What you just said in that quote is false; at the very least, seems you're not doing great articulating yourself properly. I can barely understand you. What I can at the very minimum gather is you don't understand what I said or are just struggling to formulate a coherent iteration of what I sad.

It's a fact, hardness is a feature of Black blades. Panel above proves that. Can't dispute that like I said.

I said Haki makes things Hard. That is a fact.

Haki has 2 forms:
  1. Invisible Armament
  2. Invisible Armament (but shaded black)
Both are hard, but the black shaded is harder than the non-shaded.

Zoro using either form 1 or 2 of Armament emulates the same feature of the literal black blade which is hardness.

What you don't seem to understand is what a visual cue is. A visual cue isn't literal, it's just there to indicate nuance. Nuance being the hardest form of Armament being used.

You're confused is all I can say.

This is like saying Oda's females all look the same, therefore, it means....

Looks like it's just artistic limitation.

This is just forcing something that has no significance to have meaning made up for the benefit of an argument that cannot really be defended.

If design is the best argument that can be come up with to prove Haki is definitely black, there's really no argument. It's a pitiful argument.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Essentially.....both invisible and black haki are....well invisible. For the sake of not confusing the reader, Armament Hardening is shaded black while normal COA is left alone.

The confusion is Yoru and Shusui? Both being swords that are literally black unlike other blades that are called 'black' due to their sturdiness?

Am I following correctly?

Just to describe how bad the argument is.
  1. Part of the Sword is shaded white.
  2. Concrete is shaded white.
  3. The Air is shaded in white.
If I use the apparently astounding logic being used for Haki being Black because blades look like Shusui.... I can say that...
  1. Because the air is transparent or invisible but coloured white, that the white part of Swords are also transparent permanent. We know that's bad reasoning.
  2. or Because Blades are steel, and the Blades are shaded white, the ground in One Piece is made of metal. Bad reasoning.
  3. or Because the Ground is White and made of Concrete. the white part of Swords must therefore be Concrete. Bad reasoning.
Just because 2 things have similar design doesn't mean they're the same thing. Just because literal black things in One Piece are shaded Black doesn't mean something else shaded black is the same thing.

Hell, the Marines are wearing black shaded suits in the Manga, how do you know another Marine wearing black shaded suits doesn't mean he's wearing a dark blue suit or a brown suit or dark green suit?

Germa are wearing the same design. Doesn't mean it's exactly the same thing.

It's a Manga, everythihng can only be drawn in either black or white.

Artistic limitations.

Shusui a sword coloured black... having the same design as other swords shaded in black... doesn't mean they're exactly conveying the same thing anymore than we can claim white parts of sword means swords are transparent permanently because the air is shaded white and transparent.